Closed Thread
Page 191 of 334 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 10001
    bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PathButcher View Post
    Been creeping the forums for a while but had to post after today. Saw this one guy come in and go for the kettlebells. He proceeded to lay down flat on the ground with one kettlebell in his hand, arm extended straight towards the ceiling, and then did reps consisting of him sitting up/standing up (using his other arm to help him get up off the ground) and back down again. He kept his arm extended the whole time straight up. Then switched hands and did a whole other set.

Even though I have been lifting for 3-4 years now, I do not claim to be some guru on the subject, but can ANYONE tell me what this guy was doing? I have never seen this "exercise" before and could not imagine what kind of muscles he was really working out.

Another story, there are these two college kids who usually come in every once in a while. Although they are both in great shape, they do this one set of exercises where they hook their feet in to the pull-up bar and hang upside-down, then do things like barbell curls and tricep extensions, other exercises too that I can't remember right now. Not working out abs or anything, just dangling there and doing exercises normal people do with their feet on the ground. And one of the guys insists on taking his shirt off during every set...why?

Luckily nobody ever frustrates me at my gym (small, 24-hour place, I usually go during off hours) but it definitely has its fair share of gym idiots.
    Points for asking for clarification before you jump straight to smack talking a legit exercise. Those are called Turkish get-ups. They look strange but they're a real kick in the ass.

PathButcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PathButcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bhansen1 View Post
    Points for asking for clarification before you jump straight to smack talking a legit exercise. Those are called Turkish get-ups. They look strange but they're a real kick in the ass.
    Thanks for everyone who pointed this out. I did not assume they were not a real exercise, the guy doing them seemed like he knew what he was doing otherwise, just never saw them before. And yea, they definitely look odd.

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would genuinly like to know one thing. I hope someone can inform me? I don't know myself as I always knew how to squat properly, since my dad (bodybuilder) taught me how.

How on earth/why on earth do you do those "squats" that consists of bending your knees and going down about 12 inches? Do you think you are doing it right? Can you actually feel it doing anything? Do you not feel stupid? Do you think you are actually squatting?

I would love to know. Day in day out I see kids load up the squat rack with over 300lbs and do these "squats" and I wonder what they are doing? If it really is that hard? Am I missing something? Does going down 12 inches make you strong?

Same question for leg press in fact. Literally everytime I walk in the leg press machine has like 800lbs on it.... and one guy bends his knees a bit, weights go down about 8 inches then pushes back up.

I just don't understand :-(
    Proud Latin Rite Catholic Disciple of Jesus Christ

"Lust indulged became habit, and habit unresisted became necessity."
    - St. Augustine

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TomEst View Post
    I would genuinly like to know one thing. I hope someone can inform me? I don't know myself as I always knew how to squat properly, since my dad (bodybuilder) taught me how.

How on earth/why on earth do you do those "squats" that consists of bending your knees and going down about 12 inches? Do you think you are doing it right? Can you actually feel it doing anything? Do you not feel stupid? Do you think you are actually squatting?

I would love to know. Day in day out I see kids load up the squat rack with over 300lbs and do these "squats" and I wonder what they are doing? If it really is that hard? Am I missing something? Does going down 12 inches make you strong?

Same question for leg press in fact. Literally everytime I walk in the leg press machine has like 800lbs on it.... and one guy bends his knees a bit, weights go down about 8 inches then pushes back up.

Load up a ton of weight on a leg press and you'll find out. Your body's best leverage occurs right at the last couple degrees (Think like calculus terms, change in rise over change in run). So they are moving within a range of motion that they can handle at that given weight.

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's nothing to understand. They simply don't use full range of motion. Even worse are the guys who load up the leg press sled, push the seat up to its highest position, and then proceed with poor ROM with their hands pushing their knees!

Originally Posted by joelash302 View Post
    Load up a ton of weight on a leg press and you'll find out. Your body's best leverage occurs right at the last couple degrees (Think like calculus terms, change in rise over change in run). So they are moving within a range of motion that they can handle at that given weight.
    How about you not load up a ton of weight? How about you load up weight that you can manage to press properly with good form and full range of motion? Facepalm:

The people who run my gym have really outdone themselves recently. They have acquired a long jungle-gym they use for TRX training and plan to move out the row of power racks and squat racks into a crowded area to make room for 'functional training'. Apparently, squats, deadlifts, and rows are no longer functional. Go figure. I need to leave this something-for-everyone gym and join a bodybuilding/weightlifter's gym.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bt443407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    plan to move out the row of power racks and squat racks into a crowded area to make room for 'functional training'. .
    Move out squat racks? :\

Your gym = the idiot.
    Current 1RM:

Bench: 1x265
    Squat: 1x405
    Deadlift: 1x485

Member of the 1000lb club

goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tigerstyle96 View Post
    This was my first encounter with people curling in the squat rack

2 days ago, I went to the gym and did my warmup...proceeded to go to the squat rack and some indian guys were doing bb curls in the squat rack. I asked how many sets they had left and they said 2.

I said okay.. and went to do some leg stretches. Keep in mind, I went to the gym a bit late at 9:15pm and the gym closes at 10:00pm. I looked at my watch, and it was like 9:30pm!!!! I went back and saw that they did 2 sets. THEY THEN tell me they have 2 more sets to do, and I think are these guys for real?

These guys then spoke in their language staring at me probably making fun of me and I mean mug them. I could tell they were just f*cking around cause they were curling like 75 with sh*tty form. I stare them right in the eye, and they finally get off withotu even putting the weights away.

Do my squats.. I see them staring at me from a far distance. I really hope they now know what the squat rack is for.

*******s.
    repped

goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodspeed8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PathButcher View Post
    Been creeping the forums for a while but had to post after today. Saw this one guy come in and go for the kettlebells. He proceeded to lay down flat on the ground with one kettlebell in his hand, arm extended straight towards the ceiling, and then did reps consisting of him sitting up/standing up (using his other arm to help him get up off the ground) and back down again. He kept his arm extended the whole time straight up. Then switched hands and did a whole other set.

Even though I have been lifting for 3-4 years now, I do not claim to be some guru on the subject, but can ANYONE tell me what this guy was doing? I have never seen this "exercise" before and could not imagine what kind of muscles he was really working out.
    It's a real exercise. Works the core well. They are called turkish Get-Ups.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    How about you not load up a ton of weight? How about you load up weight that you can manage to press properly with good form and full range of motion? Facepalm:
    (
    That was my point bro. They are overshooting their capabilities and as a result have to use crap form / reduced range of motion. I would never actually suggest doing this .

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by goodspeed8 View Post
    It's a real exercise. Works the core well. They are called turkish Get-Ups.
    awesome exercise, next time ask if you can work in with him and if he'll teach you the movement

killaman303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coreytrevor View Post
    The "gangstas" that come in wearing ed hardy shirts and hats acting all tough doing 20 lb bb curls and grunting. *facepalm*
    DAmn I thought that was just my gym that **** is funny my wife is stronger than that.
    THE BEAST

AESTHETIC BEASTMODE Keyboardsmasher's Avatar
    Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by devl View Post
    We all were. Believe me I use to be a chest/biceps six day a week man myself.
    Speak for yourself. People that read and practice technique before putting on 400lbs on the bar do exist.

AESTHETIC BEASTMODE Keyboardsmasher's Avatar
    Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tigerstyle96 View Post
    This was my first encounter with people curling in the squat rack

2 days ago, I went to the gym and did my warmup...proceeded to go to the squat rack and some indian guys were doing bb curls in the squat rack. I asked how many sets they had left and they said 2.

I said okay.. and went to do some leg stretches. Keep in mind, I went to the gym a bit late at 9:15pm and the gym closes at 10:00pm. I looked at my watch, and it was like 9:30pm!!!! I went back and saw that they did 2 sets. THEY THEN tell me they have 2 more sets to do, and I think are these guys for real?

These guys then spoke in their language staring at me probably making fun of me and I mean mug them. I could tell they were just f*cking around cause they were curling like 75 with sh*tty form. I stare them right in the eye, and they finally get off withotu even putting the weights away.

Do my squats.. I see them staring at me from a far distance. I really hope they now know what the squat rack is for.

*******s.
    X10.

It's funny you bring this up, something similar happened to me during my morning workout.

woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hey 12 inches is pretty good for the average gymtard. I see people doing no more than 6 inches all the time.

codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A guy dropped something like 220-230 lbs on his chest on the bench press today. He wasn't even close to pushing that weight. I was at the other end of the gym at that time, I tried to get there as fast as I could, finally lifted the bar off him.

Honestly, it was just us two in the entire gym... brah, why can't you ask for a spot? You know I got you, IMO just plain stupid to try and push real heavy weight without a spot/power rack supports... I'm just glad nothing serious happened and he got off with just a scare. Will prolly ask for that spot next time lol.

ty_page has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by codordoa View Post
    A guy dropped something like 220-230 lbs on his chest on the bench press today. He wasn't even close to pushing that weight. I was at the other end of the gym at that time, I tried to get there as fast as I could, finally lifted the bar off him.

Honestly, it was just us two in the entire gym... brah, why can't you ask for a spot? You know I got you, IMO just plain stupid to try and push real heavy weight without a spot/power rack supports... I'm just glad nothing serious happened and he got off with just a scare. Will prolly ask for that spot next time lol.
    yea..thats a gym idiot.haha!

pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was benching in the power rack cause my parter couldn't make it and I hate spotters who touch the bar at the wrong times so I grab a DB bench and head to the power rack and get set up. Keep in mind I bench for powerlifting, so my back is arched, elbows tucked hard. I was pretty psyched cause my gym has a rack with 1.5" hole spacings so I can easily bench without a spot in the rack wit no problems with the bars being to low or to high.

So I'm about to set up for 315 for my first single. This guy comes up to me and starts telling me how I'm gonna hurt my back, bla bla bla, and I need to press with my elbows out more. Now I was not havin a good day, and the session was going kinda crappy on top of it.

I snapped. I stopped trying to set up, calmy sat up and asked the guy "Who the **** are you?" "I arch my back because benching is a whole body lift" "And no I don't care what you have to say." All that without letting him get a sound in.

Then about 5 min later these guys who were 150lbs decked out in tap out gear come up and ask how much longer I'm gonna be because they need the rack to do curls!!!! I got up and left.

Only need 400 more bucks to get my own rack and everything I need for my house.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pntbll687 View Post
    I was benching in the power rack cause my parter couldn't make it and I hate spotters who touch the bar at the wrong times so I grab a DB bench and head to the power rack and get set up. Keep in mind I bench for powerlifting, so my back is arched, elbows tucked hard. I was pretty psyched cause my gym has a rack with 1.5" hole spacings so I can easily bench without a spot in the rack wit no problems with the bars being to low or to high.

So I'm about to set up for 315 for my first single. This guy comes up to me and starts telling me how I'm gonna hurt my back, bla bla bla, and I need to press with my elbows out more. Now I was not havin a good day, and the session was going kinda crappy on top of it.

I snapped. I stopped trying to set up, calmy sat up and asked the guy "Who the **** are you?" "I arch my back because benching is a whole body lift" "And no I don't care what you have to say." All that without letting him get a sound in.

Then about 5 min later these guys who were 150lbs decked out in tap out gear come up and ask how much longer I'm gonna be because they need the rack to do curls!!!! I got up and left.

Only need 400 more bucks to get my own rack and everything I need for my house.
    WTF dude I love your response to the dumbass that knows nothing about doing Bench work, but leaving your sets before just because some Dumbass group of kids want to disturb you. **** the last time some ******* asked me that I told him about an hr and went back to work.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    WTF dude I love your response to the dumbass that knows nothing about doing Bench work, but leaving your sets before just because some Dumbass group of kids want to disturb you. **** the last time some ******* asked me that I told him about an hr and went back to work.
    It was a baaaaaad day. I actually came back about an hour before the gym closed and finished up my workout.

I seriously cannot wait to finally get my setup ordered and set up.

araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) araaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    at one of my gyms, there are a ton of skinny high school players who think they are super swoll and walk around like they are badasses....

haahaha that X10

BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrownLightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dunno but im really starting to doubt the credibility of these personal trainers.... theres a rather bulky PT at my local gym, hes muscular but rather fat i guess. He was doing tricep exstensions with one of those ... you know, 15 pound princess pink dumbbells... and umm he then proceeded to flex his triceps in the mirror after every set. maybe he was just trying to get his arms pumped or sumthing. if thats the case, i prefer jacking off, it really gets my forarms and my triceps pumped.

Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Saw this guy the other day doing hyperextensions - he was going so fast it looked like he was just bouncing, not to mention he went beyond the straight line every time. He then switched to doing this exercise sideways; again same form. At one point I heard his back crack....back injury waiting to happen.

thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

I see this every day in the gym, both of the aforementioned "lifts"... It looks so pathetic. I just let them do what they do and feel good about themselves.

tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunagoat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seen a young guy on the leg press machine tonight.. Texting while working out.. I was like hummm and looked over and it was set at 40lbs.. Dude could have just walked around the gym and been doing more work..
    Current/Goal(May28th-birthday)
    Bench - 215x1/225x1
    Dead - 405x1/405x1 CHECK :)
    Squat - 255x1/275x1

There are a lot of people in my gym doing "tricep kickbacks" now. I put that in quotes because their range of motion boggles me. It's set up in a way that there's a partial tricep motion and a partial bicep motion in each angle.

Best way to describe - elbow is the center of a clock, shoulder is at 1:30. Hand swings from 5 to 7. Hardcore lift ya know?

skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skh2009 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Csnyd View Post
    no sir you are a gym idiot. Towels can be VERY useful in developing grip strength, when used on bars properly
    lol
    Be Alpha

Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trav173 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a couple days ago I saw an older dude lay sideways on a flat bench with a 25lb plate on his ear and do "neck raises" wtf.
    Airborne Infantryman been to hell and back.

kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50) kwik10z will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will let you guys decide if this is gym idiot worthy or not, but I was at the gym last night at about 8:15. This guy walks in in his camo pants, military boots, and that tight green undershirt they wear under their camo shirt. I'd say he was in the military .

Anyway, he goes into the locker room for about 15 mins, comes out, STILL in his camo pants, military boots (pants tucked in boots), and that tight green shirt, and starts lifting. He does his entire workout in those clothes, with, get ready for this, a what looks to be a skinning knife on his back belt loop. It was not just the knife holster, the knife was actually there!! haha...That has got to be uncomfortable, the knife, let alone the attire he was repping.

How did i do? Gym idiot? or am i wasting your guys time.

I am not bashing the military at all, just that he is working out in his marine corps gear!!
    Last edited by kwik10z; 08-18-2010 at 04:59 AM.

rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugbyman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't stand the guys that come and workout with their entire posse ,like 5-6 guys. They are all using the same equipment and just linger around it and expose their "non deodorant using smell" to everybody. They have like 5 min rest inbetween sets and use way too much weight and have no form at all.
    I don't play rugby anymore, work has taken over my life. So i just lift and think about hitting people.

"whats best in life? to crush your enemy, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women" -Conan the Barbarian

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't mind people curling in the squat rack, hell i don't mind the guy listening to music and not giving a rats arse about you even if you're talking to him facing him. the list would go on and on, but there is one thing i can't farking stand.

you're at the dumbell rack warming up and all that jizz, no one's around it's all nice and great. 2 minutes later EVERYONE comes there doing their exercises with ridiculous form like literally 2 inches away from your head. so you move away to the furthest part of the rack to do your thing peaceful like and they follow you! WTF

so envy anyone who has the money to build a home gym.
    lófasz

Closed Thread
Page 191 of 334 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast