KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10) KyleCFC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Resistance bands on hack squat/leg press

Seen people use bands on these on the machines

I'm assuming it's to provide more tension through the whole rep rather than part of the rep

Just want people opinions on how beneficial this is and if it's worth doing myself.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Banding machines ect changes the strength curve and Makes it easier at the bottom.

The bottom rom is where your muscles are lengthened the most and Work in the lengthened position is THE most hypertrophic.

And increasing the difficulty up the strength curve means every rep is harder, and you get less reps per set, meaning less reps at the lengthened position.

Ergo - adding bands makes the movement harder but less hypertrophic on a set for set basis

When id use it?
    *As a variation to stave off I overuse if I didn't have different machines to switch to.

*for fun. Which is a huge factor in and of its self.

*if i was advanced enough to need to bias the proximal/distal parts of the muscle a few % for stage judging purposes
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Banded at the top or at the bottom?

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The limiting factor is the bottom position.

Bands will change the strength curve making the bottom easier / top harder.

Depending on if you band from the top or bottom, modify the weight so that it makes sense.

E.g. if you band from the top, add weight.

This will make the movement overall harder and better, because now the bottom position isnt the only hard part. Now the entire movement is hard.

If you band from the top and don't add weight, then obviously it's less hypertrophic.

Last edited by Camarija; 11-22-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are looking to get noticeable gains from banding machines...you are looking at the wrong variable. If it helps you feel the movement and contraction better towards the end of the movement then keep them in if you don't mind setting them up every time. Otherwise slow the eccentric motion down and use a faster/powerful concentric to finish each rep. You will get way more out of playing with speeds of contractions or just using a different machine/exercise all together.
    =[][][]=== B I G xxx P O P P A xxx P U M P ===[][][]=

If The Bar Aint Bendin, Your Just Pretendin

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    band at the top makes it harder at the bottom
    band at the bottom makes it harder at the top
    no band, too vintage and not cool at all

did I got it right?
    Reverse banding makes the bottom easier.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I don't understand why.
    I have never used a band for this purpose, to be honest.
    But, seeing Camarija's video with that squat machine, it seems to me that:
    - at the bottom, it doesn't matter because the band doesn't stretch, so it's only the plates on the machine.
    - at the top, the band stretches and it makes the top harder.

Assuming reverse banding = band at the bottom

Same, if I were to do a banded dumbbell curl.
    I put a band between my dumbbell and my foot.
    At the bottom, on the stretch, it doesn't matter because the band is not stretched
    At the top, on the contraction, it matter because both the dumbbell and the stretched band = tension

I guess I am missing something...

Also, I didn't watch the video with sound, I cannot right now, just seen the end of it, with the bands over the machine.
    Reverse banding = band goes at the top. So if you drop in a squat, the band tension helps you out of the hole. In a bench press, it helps you off the chest.

-Sir Isaac Newton