Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think some of the younger light heavyweights were starting to catch up but I think the drug test failures also play a factor along with whatever drugs he may or may not be doing anymore. He wasn't as dominant in his last few fights and I don't agree with the judges giving him the nod in all of them either. It was almost looking like he was ducking the Dominick Reyes rematch and now Reyes can't stopped getting knocked the **** out anymore.
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    Jones' wrestling has greatly deteriorated since the DC fights IMO. IIRC he couldn't anything going wrestling wise vs Reyes or Santos, and in general most people's TDD has gotten much better

I don't think he has the strength to throw HW's around in the grappling dept like he did at LHW either. They're just too big
    Yeah I feel the same way. Santos is smaller than Reyes or any of the 6'4" heavy weights who's names have been floated as opponents for Jones. Santos also came into the fight with a bad knee, it got injured even more very early into the fight from Santos' own doing if I remember correctly and Jon still couldn't get this guy down. I even remember seeing him lock up in the clinch like he was feeling to see if he could get it and then he bailed. And then an already injured Thiago Santos ****ed this guys legs up and had him limping out of the cage by the end of the fight.

I don't see him outwrestling a bigger guy like Curtis Blaydes who also has a wrestling base and when I think about it, I'm not sure those Oblique kicks Jon throws have been as effective at keeping away bigger guys like Reyes and Gus. I think it's gonna be a different ball game at heavyweight and I'm not sure how he's gonna adjust.
    Last edited by amenhotepv; 11-30-2022 at 05:07 AM.
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    Jones' wrestling has greatly deteriorated since the DC fights IMO. IIRC he couldn't anything going wrestling wise vs Reyes or Santos, and in general most people's TDD has gotten much better

I don't think he has the strength to throw HW's around in the grappling dept like he did at LHW either. They're just too big
    Styles make fights... Ngannou is a superhuman but he's not the greatest fighter, vsing him is all about fight IQ. Jon jones has the greatest fight IQ

IMO the fight will look like Stipe vs Ngannou 1, but Jones would submit him instead of laying on him all day.