Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pearl Jam 10

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    My most recent memory is from the PJ show I just saw in Denver in September. They played a few songs from 10. One of the best shows I've seen. It was their tour ender. They played about 2 and a half hours.
    I missed that tour. Damn.

My general memories are of college when I hear Pearl Jam 10. Good times.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown šŸ¤” World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    I missed that tour. Damn.

My general memories are of college when I hear Pearl Jam 10. Good times.
    Yes. My real contact with Pearl Jam was from the 90's The CD's 10 and Yield were the two I owned. I didn't follow them after that. But, I saw the concert coming to where I live and I'd heard they put on a good show. Just straight up music.

They delivered. Honestly, one of the best concerts I've ever seen even though I didn't know alot of the tunes. Very cool crowd too. I've never been to a show where easily 85% of the crowd is full throated singing along with every word. During some parts of some songs, the crowd knows their cue to sing two well known lines of a song while Eddie turns the microphone over to them. Great show. I hope to see them again.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Disagree

Nothing beats audience perticpain time the 1967 mothers playing their 6 month stint at the Gerrick was something never done before, more people on stage.
    In terms of bandleaders, I'd compare him to Miles Davis without hesitation. He surrounded himself with great musicians, and he pushed them hard. I do think the best way to appreciate him is live. He wrote his own kind of tablature, which musicians applying to tour with him had to learn how to read. In the audition. His exacting standards are legendary. When you saw him live, you heard exactly what he wanted you to hear.

Halloween 1977 you had people stage with whips and dildos and blow up dolls running around with odd music playing......
    Lots of good Zappa guitar work on YouTube, so not sure why you chose this as the cornerstone of your argument.

Who the fuk is Nirvana?
    A three piece that took the no-wave/post-punk aesthetics of not giving a f*ck, having very dark sonic timbres, playing flubbed notes and dissonant notes (a la Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Swans, etc) and fused them with pop sensibilities like conventional song structures and big choruses. Add to that Cobainā€™s vocal melodies are pretty brilliant. Often using notes that arenā€™t the obvious choices. Look at what bass note is being played with what note Cobain is singing and you get that definitive emotive sound. You can certainly say that Nirvana is not your taste in music but to deny them the respect theyā€™re due as a band is just showing your ignorance.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    During some parts of some songs, the crowd knows their cue to sing two well known lines of a song while Eddie turns the microphone over to them.
    I've never cared for this at any concert. A lot of people are paying for you to do what you do, don't turn the job back on us to stroke your ego.

While I'm ranting I also never cared for bands that give a studio level performance on stage. I heard that Glenn Frey was stickler about this and if you messed up at all you sure were gonna hear about it. The worst was when we drove to see Boston and listened to their new 3rd stage album on the drive. They proceeded to play the entire album, in order, at a studio level of perfection, absolutely could have been lip synched, who knows, just did not sound like live music.

I think the thing I liked about the Grateful Dead so much is you never knew what was coming, sometimes I wonder if they did. Then if the crowd was really into a song they would make it 4 minutes longer just feeding the vibe.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    In terms of bandleaders, I'd compare him to Miles Davis without hesitation. He surrounded himself with great musicians, and he pushed them hard. I do think the best way to appreciate him is live. He wrote his own kind of tablature, which musicians applying to tour with him had to learn how to read. In the audition. His exacting standards are legendary. When you saw him live, you heard exactly what he wanted you to hear.

Lots of good Zappa guitar work on YouTube, so not sure why you chose this as the cornerstone of your argument.

A three piece that took the no-wave/post-punk aesthetics of not giving a f*ck, having very dark sonic timbres, playing flubbed notes and dissonant notes (a la Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Swans, etc) and fused them with pop sensibilities like conventional song structures and big choruses. Add to that Cobainā€™s vocal melodies are pretty brilliant. Often using notes that arenā€™t the obvious choices. Look at what bass note is being played with what note Cobain is singing and you get that definitive emotive sound. You can certainly say that Nirvana is not your taste in music but to deny them the respect theyā€™re due as a band is just showing your ignorance.

LOl, the Garrick stint was 3 shows a day everyday for 6 months. No two shows were the same, plus they had rehearsal. No band in music history has ever done such a thing (because most musicians are substance abusers).

Guitar work is not an indication of making history. Getting people on stage and doing perverted dancing with aids to weird music is.

This is NOT Nirvana.

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. My real contact with Pearl Jam was from the 90's The CD's 10 and Yield were the two I owned. I didn't follow them after that. But, I saw the concert coming to where I live and I'd heard they put on a good show. Just straight up music.

They delivered. Honestly, one of the best concerts I've ever seen even though I didn't know alot of the tunes. Very cool crowd too. I've never been to a show where easily 85% of the crowd is full throated singing along with every word. During some parts of some songs, the crowd knows their cue to sing two well known lines of a song while Eddie turns the microphone over to them. Great show. I hope to see them again.
    You are so lucky! I love it when the crowd knows the lyrics.

I wish I went to grunge concerts back in the 90s. My husband didn't like grunge so we never did. I saw Alice in Chains alone 3 years ago but it wasn't the same without Layne Staley.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    You are so lucky! I love it when the crowd knows the lyrics.

I wish I went to grunge concerts back in the 90s. My husband didn't like grunge so we never did. I saw Alice in Chains alone 3 years ago but it wasn't the same without Layne Staley.
    Indeed. So many of the lead singers from those grunge bands are dead. As for getting into the scene, I kinda missed it too. I knew I liked the music, but I was working so hard and so many hours that I had zero time for concerts then. I do now!
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    LOl, the Garrick stint was 3 shows a day everyday for 6 months. No two shows were the same, plus they had rehearsal. No band in music history has ever done such a thing (because most musicians are substance abusers).
    Plenty of bands have done months long residencies.

Guitar work is not an indication of making history. Getting people on stage and doing perverted dancing with aids to weird music is.
    Perhaps we look for different things in our entertainment.

This is NOT Nirvana.
    No but this is

To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Indeed. So many of the lead singers from those grunge bands are dead. As for getting into the scene, I kinda missed it too. I knew I liked the music, but I was working so hard and so many hours that I had zero time for concerts then. I do now!
    Yeah so many of the grunge singers have died since then. It's so sad.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plenty of bands have done months long residencies.

Perhaps we look for different things in our entertainment.

No but this is

No band has done what I described, those shows were done on fly and when Frank first joined the Mothers the original band leader had to quit because no one would hire.

You prove my point with this vid. Nirvana is genre type of music this is typical stuff.

Now look at this, Frank even called this silly music but it was complex as well, yet he could get people to have fun to it without it being sell out rock and roll.

Iā€™m talking about the first one here, the black page. Now this nothing to what he did in the 60s.

https://youtu.be/vdDaZ2dXzJo

You prove my point with this vid. Nirvana is genre type of music this is typical stuff.
    No itā€™s not typical. Take the song ā€˜Heart Shaped Boxā€™, itā€™s a good example of Cobainā€™s guitar playing, the chorus especially. Rather than just playing the rhythm chords in the chorus like many people would, he followed the vocal melody but also integrated the rhythm chords at the same time. The result is a guitar part that compliments the vocals & other instruments. His timing for when he hits the big chords syncs with the drums perfectly and makes the song the heavy rock song it is, but at the same time he also integrated the vocal melody into his guitar part into the chorus so you get both the heavy power of the rhythm with the catchy sing along part of the melody. Thatā€™s not just good guitar playing, itā€™s great songwriting.

A lot Cobainā€™s material revolves around some kind of movement in minor thirds but theyā€™re still catchy pop songs. Thatā€™s a good trick.

Minor third is the first interval we gravitate to in singing & hearing as children so maybe thereā€™s something to do with that.

At the end of day, Cobain wrote melodies you can sing and want to sing. Busy and with space where they need to be. That kind of ā€œsimplicityā€ is rare.

Now look at this, Frank even called this silly music but it was complex as well, yet he could get people to have fun to it without it being sell out rock and roll.

Iā€™m talking about the first one here, the black page. Now this nothing to what he did in the 60s.
    Personally I enjoy his more 'normal' and coherent songs like Black Napkins and Watermelon in Easter Hay. Both of those are a simple 2 chord progression with a fantastic melody line. However even as someone who enjoys jazz fusion and prog rock, I tend to find his weirder songs donā€™t get played in my house too often. There isn't really enough structure or harmony there for me to enjoy the songs much, but I still appreciate what he does.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 11-26-2022 at 06:30 AM.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Late 80's, me/roomates or neighbors would have a kegger every weekend in college. INXS Kick was a staple album. This was before the Seatle sound.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

t tube]
    I enjoy his more 'normal' and coherent songs like Black Napkins and Watermelon in Easter Hay. Both of those are a simple 2 chord progression with a fantastic melody line. However even as someone who enjoys jazz fusion and prog rock, I tend to find his weirder songs donā€™t get played in my house too often. There isn't really enough structure or harmony there for me to enjoy the songs much, but I still appreciate what he does.

Those tunes catered to the guitar players.

He played much stranger music in the 60s and a lot of it is inspired by Edgard Verese, if you ever get to hear that classical style you will see Zappa used a lot of that style, the strange sounds with loud heavy percussion.

Ruth Underwood went to those shows at the Garrick, she was a music student at the time and she said she never heard music arrangements like that, she said you hear classical stuff at these shows that mixed into the physcdelic sound and when the Mothers left NY She felt something was missing and she was disappointed to go back to her contemporary musical life. She said Frank knew most of the audience by name during that 6 month stint.

To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Seven, Zappa did the pop music with dark lyrics 25 years before Nirvana. Freak Out (the first ever double LP) had a handful of songs based on Zappaā€™s first wife, they were a I donā€™t love you, love songs.

Zappa also was the first to rap, most of his stuff is rap lyrically.

Nirvana Bleech was good. My first band played Teen Spirit constantly (after I left them), god it was tourture to hear that.

Seven, Zappa did the pop music with dark lyrics 25 years before Nirvana. Freak Out (the first ever double LP) had a handful of songs based on Zappaā€™s first wife, they were a I donā€™t love you, love songs.

Zappa also was the first to rap, most of his stuff is rap lyrically.
    Iā€™m not comparing Cobain and Zappa or saying one is better than the other. Anyway itā€™s not the topic of this thread and we have wasted enough of these peopleā€™s time here on it, so post another thread of your love for Zappa or disdain for Cobain if you like and I will comment there.

Nirvana Bleech was good.
    Yes it was. 17 year old me in 1989 absolutely loved that album. It took me a bit longer to realize how good of an album Nevermind was.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Grandma take me home
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hard to have a grunge thread without mention of STP

I just noticed this and never read of anyone else noticing it, his shirt is stained with vomit, looks like they just scraped it off for the vid FFS.
    Last edited by Bando; 11-26-2022 at 10:46 PM.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Hard to have a grunge thread without mention of STP
    Agreed, but I also feel that a grunge thread really isn't complete until we have included the magical musical stylings of Zamfir, master of the pan flute. Every time I hear this music, I feel the strong urge to put on flannel, avoid bathing for days, and start random mosh pits.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Natural Wheelchair Mr. O marinevet63031's Avatar
    marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never jumped on the grunge bandwagon. I stayed solid with the "Queen", Van Halen, Hagar, etc. rock during that few year craze.
    *Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs, MLS *
    *PNBA Wheelchair Natural Mr. Olympia, Champion*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran 1992-1997*

The Melvins arenā€™t ā€œgrungeā€ but they did influence a lot of the bands coming out of that scene. Also, Cobain wanted to join their band and after they said no he formed Nirvana. So thereā€™s that. This might be one of my all time favorites.

And here is their version of ā€˜Smell Likes Teen Spiritā€™ with Leif Garret on vocals.

To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Originally Posted by marinevet63031 View Post
    I never jumped on the grunge bandwagon. I stayed solid with the "Queen", Van Halen, Hagar, etc. rock during that few year craze.
    Those were 70's and Early 80's Bro, between them and Grunge you had Guns & Roses, all the hair bands like Skid Row, Poison etc plus a huge eclectic scene with What's UP ad Alanis.

Queen is pretty eternal, never out of style. I did an event with a bunch of young people who would never even hear them on the radio but they just busted out with Bohemian Rhapsody.

Or Layne Staley RIP. I'm kind of obsessed with him and on several Layne ******** groups.

My teen daughter started listening to grunge and it got me back into it after all of these years.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew