Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

9 years ago, one console reset the balance of power in the video game industry

IN 2012, PLAYSTATION looked a lot different than it does today. The brand is now known for its cinematic approach to storytelling, with mature IP that has resonated with tens of millions of fans. Sony doubled down on this strategy in 2013 and truly left its mark on the industry with its PlayStation 4 console, which celebrates its ninth birthday this year. Many of the brand’s most iconic franchises either began on PS4 or featured game-changing entries on the platform, solidifying PlayStation as a major force in the video game industry.

If not for the PS4, PlayStation might not be as successful today. But what made the PS4 so special?

TOP-TIER GAMES LINEUP

On November 15, 2013, Sony launched the PlayStation 4 console in North America, and at the time, no one knew just how successful the system would become. It eventually shipped over 117 million units worldwide, becoming one of the bestselling consoles ever made.

There are lots of reasons for its success — notably because it was less expensive than its competitor, the Xbox One, and featured no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions. But the thing that arguably carried it across its life cycle was the console’s rich exclusive game lineup.

It’s hard to deny the sheer quality of games including Infamous Second Son, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War (2018), Marvel’s Spider-Man, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last of Us Part II, and Ghost of Tsushima. While many of these games eventually came to PC, they’re all typically associated with PlayStation, bolstering the brand’s importance.

AN EMPHASIS ON CINEMATIC STORYTELLING

The aforementioned games all vary in terms of tone and style, but they all have something in common: Each game has a movie-like quality that adds to the immersion.

Games don’t need to look like movies to be good, but having a film-like presentation does widen the appeal, especially when the rest of the experience is of such high quality. God of War is a prime example, having one uninterrupted camera shot from start to finish. This enhances the story overall, allowing you to feel much closer to the characters for the duration of the journey.

Another example of a top-notch cinematic presentation is the opening of Marvel’s Spider-Man.

The game begins with a cutscene featuring the Web-Head that feels like it’s been ripped out of the MCU, before seamlessly transitioning to gameplay. Spider-Man then begins swinging throughout New York, in one of the coolest sequences in all of gaming.

These PS4 games also have incredibly realistic visuals that pushed the boundaries of the medium. This, combined with stellar performances across the board truly made each experience feel much more like film, which adds to the narrative and the appeal of the characters.

Today, the PlayStation 5 is thriving thanks to many of the franchises introduced — or made even more popular — on PS4. Games like The Last of Us Part I, God of War Ragnarok, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Horizon Forbidden West are all heavy-hitters on PS5, that were made even more popular thanks to their predecessors on PS4.

Sony certainly played its cards right when developing the PS4 and its game lineup, which paved the way for the company’s future endeavors. Not only did this game lineup have an impact on Sony itself, but other developers, as well, as evidenced by the huge uptick in cinematic experiences across the board. Though, few developers are on the same level as PlayStation when it comes to creating cinematic games.

Still, it’s clear the PS4 caused a ripple effect that changed Sony, and the video game industry for the better — and we still feel this impact nine years later.

phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Completely dominated the gen

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Xbox one and ps4 gen was the best gen because these consoles sucked so much balls it inspired all my friends to get pcs because they got tired of playing shooters at 30 fps.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Akd123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i love the ps4.but lets not pretend the ps2 didnt totally take the gaming world by storm.ps1 and ps2 had the most impact.bar none.ended up trading my n64 for a ps1.wish i never did cause maybe i wouldnt have played so much and stuck to school.so many games.i still have rare copies of ps1 and ps2 games.ps4 is great though.probably gonna be a while before i get a ps5
    Last edited by Akd123; 11-20-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    The Xbox one and ps4 gen was the best gen because these consoles sucked so much balls it inspired all my friends to get pcs because they got tired of playing shooters at 30 fps.
    "all my friends"

So basically one dude, aka your weed dealer got a PC.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    i love the ps4.but lets not pretend the ps2 didnt totally take the gaming world by storm.ps1 and ps2 had the most impact.bar none.ended up trading my n64 for a ps1.wish i never did cause maybe i wouldnt have played so much and stuck to school.so many games.i still have rare copies of ps1 and ps2 games.ps4 is great though.probably gonna be a while before i get a ps5

Yeah the ps2 was the biggest game-changer since the debut of the original NES in like 1986. People were buying them because they were the cheapest DVD players available at the time, and ended up becoming gamers as a result. Still the highest-selling console of all time in North America.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    "all my friends"

Weed is legal in Biden's America, dount freeburner is still operating with a dealer.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "all my friends"

Just lol, that's why I only play multiplayer games. Because I have friends.

When I run out of friends, I'll sit in my living room alone and play ps5 single player games like you forever aloners.

Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Weed is legal in Biden's America, dount freeburner is still operating with a dealer.
    Still do. Dispensary prices are terrible in NJ. I get all the same stuff in bulk for much cheaper. My guy is like Costco for getting high.

Dispo in NJ is like 80-100 for an 8th, I pay about 22 bucks.

Biden's America.... Even weed is inflated
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

Just lol, that's why I only play multiplayer games. Because I have friends.

When I run out of friends, I'll sit in my living room alone and play ps5 single player games like you forever aloners.

Still do. Dispensary prices are terrible in NJ. I get all the same stuff in bulk for much cheaper. My guy is like Costco for getting high.

Dispo in NJ is like 80-100 for an 8th, I pay about 22 bucks.

Biden's America.... Even weed is inflated
    I am not a degen drug addict like you but I am generally curious now that it is legal, is there any legal ramifications of buying from an unauthorized dealer is caught?

I am not a degen drug addict like you but I am generally curious now that it is legal, is there any legal ramifications of buying from an unauthorized dealer is caught?
    I'm not really sure. We are allowed to carry up to 6 ounces here. And realistically it could just be said it's a gift. There was a problem with that exact scenario, companies were selling and delivering weed, but the catch was you'd go on their website and donate, or buy some arbitrary item and the weed was gifted along with it to avoid the technicalities.

I don't know what laws are for that really. Im sure you have be licensed to sell cannabis products similar to alcohol, would the police give you guff if you sold your buddy a case of beer? Might depend on the amount or how much of a dick the police felt like being.

I'm not really sure. We are allowed to carry up to 6 ounces here. And realistically it could just be said it's a gift. There was a problem with that exact scenario, companies were selling and delivering weed, but the catch was you'd go on their website and donate, or buy some arbitrary item and the weed was gifted along with it to avoid the technicalities.

I don't know what laws are for that really. Im sure you have be licensed to sell cannabis products similar to alcohol, would the police give you guff if you sold your buddy a case of beer? Might depend on the amount or how much of a dick the police felt like being.
    Yea, I generally don't think police are looking to hassle anyone over weed anymore. But people aren't selling alcohol in mass quantities without a license like weed dealers and bypassing the licensing and legal selling system takes away from tax revenue so I wouldn't be surprised if certain states tried to combat it,

OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "all my friends"

Lol got eeeem

Watch Joe Rogan podcast episode #1757 open your eyes to clown world srs
    Fasting crew
    Psilocybin crew
    Neg incel threads on sight crew
    Neg new users crew

Originally Posted by OneLegSquats View Post
    Lol got eeeem

You really are Coal man's alt aren't you. You both use the same pics and jokes repeatedly. It's weird, I'm supposed to be the one with the mushy weed brain. Yet between the two of you retards you can't even come up with an original thought to insult me with. I think you've posted that pic in regards to me 4-5 times now. You got anything else or is that it?

At least when I argue with mgftp he has some wit to him.

OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What hitting a nerve looks like in writing:

You really are Coal man's alt aren't you. You both use the same pics and jokes repeatedly. It's weird, I'm supposed to be the one with the mushy weed brain. Yet between the two of you retards you can't even come up with an original thought to insult me with. I think you've posted that pic in regards to me 4-5 times now. You got anything else or is that it?

At least when I argue with mgftp he has some wit to him.
    Big oooof
    Watch Joe Rogan podcast episode #1757 open your eyes to clown world srs
    Fasting crew
    Psilocybin crew
    Neg incel threads on sight crew
    Neg new users crew

Thanks for the compliment freeburner, it's spot on.

Let's set the record straight. Coal is straight up retarded, and worst of all a retard who is seemingly unable to admit when he is wrong, or even simply mispoke or forgot something, and on top of it constantly looking to turns comments into arguements. Beyond all this behavior I refuse to believe he is a bad persona at heart, but these traits make him hard to like. (InB4 this triggers him) OneLeg I wouldn't say necessarily is low IQ, just a massive fanboy and combative about it. In all honesty he reminds me of the freeburner on these forums circa 2 years ago.

JMOs obviously.

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the compliment freeburner, it's spot on.

Let's set the record straight. Coal is straight up retarded, and worst of all a retard who is seemingly unable to admit when he is wrong, or even simply mispoke or forgot something, and on top of it constantly looking to turns comments into arguements. Beyond all this behavior I refuse to believe he is a bad persona at heart, but these traits make him hard to like. (InB4 this triggers him) OneLeg I wouldn't say necessarily is low IQ, just a massive fanboy and combative about it. In all honesty he reminds me of the freeburner on these forums circa 2 years ago.

JMOs obviously.

Lol boyz I'm in the USA. Went for some drinks and logged on to see all this chit, wtf is happening.

@freeburner I was just randomly poking fun man. I don't hate you (srs). Also no disrespect to OneLegSquats but I don't do squats and also I would kill myself before I ever post on a poverty 2018 account. So we're not alts.

@mgftp, you're somewhat right. I'm intentionally provocative in this sub. I was a bb.com mod for years and know how to be serious but this sub is fun for me because I love videogames and I get to troll a little too.

I hope everyone here knows we're a big autist family and to never take anything here too seriously. Finally I see and accept your views of myself, freeburner and OneLeg but I hope you know that you're also an annoying kunt yet you conveniently failed to address that part.

Stay safe boys. Might chill out with the family tonight and tomorrow might check out an OLED in Bestbuy.

GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GoldenArmKid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A lot of that is true but imo the scales were already tipped massively in Sony's favor at the beginning of that generation. Previous gen the 360 won and Microsoft followed that up with advertising the Xbox One as a glorified TV box. Had these long as console presentations showing off the console and like only *this* much about it was about gaming relative to the console. Nobody gave af if you could plug your cable box or w/e into your Xbox. They shot themselves in the foot. Not only did they shoot themselves in the foot but they shot themselves in the foot with a fcking 50 cal.

That really allowed the PS4 to be advertised and perceived as the console "for the gamers" and "about the video games". All of that combined with a great launch, great titles, everything in OP's post is imo why that gen was nowhere near as competitive as the prior one between Sony and Microsoft.

EDIT:

Also I guess I'm biased but I think the N64/PS1/Gameboy and Gameboy Color were more groundbreaking than the ps4.
    "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."-Bruce Lee

*Cancer+Tumor Survivor Crew*

EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EagleOfWar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would say the PS1. That was such a huge shift at the time and upped everyone’s game.
    This body holding me, be my reminder here that I am not alone.
    Makes me feel eternal, all this Pain is an Illusion.

There's literally nothing groundbreaking about ps4 lol wut.

It maybe was groundbreaking for Sony because they figured out that they specialize and excel in the 3rd person action experience. But what did they do that was groundbreaking? Nothing at all.

Pubg was groundbreaking. H1z1. Fortnite. Day z mods. These games changed fps forever when they indroduced the battle royal on huge maps.

Xbox one was ground breaking in a negative way, they figured out how to ruin a console faster then anyone.

Sony hasn't introduced or broke ground on anything but 70 dollar games and the wave of remasters we see today. "the ripple effect changed Sony and the video game industry" just lmao please go.

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That piece of chit is 9 years old already? Man, what an overrated turd. Oh well, it's old and now nobody worth caring about cares about it anymore. The console that ushered in the worst of times for the industry.

Anything I want. U mirin? OptimusTrajan's Avatar
    OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    PS1 and 2 are so different from PS3 and 4 that they might as well be considered different families.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

Lol boyz I'm in the USA. Went for some drinks and logged on to see all this chit, wtf is happening.

@freeburner I was just randomly poking fun man. I don't hate you (srs). Also no disrespect to OneLegSquats but I don't do squats and also I would kill myself before I ever post on a poverty 2018 account. So we're not alts.

@mgftp, you're somewhat right. I'm intentionally provocative in this sub. I was a bb.com mod for years and know how to be serious but this sub is fun for me because I love videogames and I get to troll a little too.

I hope everyone here knows we're a big autist family and to never take anything here too seriously. Finally I see and accept your views of myself, freeburner and OneLeg but I hope you know that you're also an annoying kunt yet you conveniently failed to address that part.

Stay safe boys. Might chill out with the family tonight and tomorrow might check out an OLED in Bestbuy.

I don't think anyone who has seen a fair number of your posts believes this new "I was just trolling" routine. Your anger permeates through the internet on some posts.

I am however legit happy and happy for you that you didn't lose it this time. Maybe this is a turning point.

Originally Posted by GoldenArmKid View Post
    A lot of that is true but imo the scales were already tipped massively in Sony's favor at the beginning of that generation. Previous gen the 360 won and Microsoft followed that up with advertising the Xbox One as a glorified TV box. Had these long as console presentations showing off the console and like only *this* much about it was about gaming relative to the console. Nobody gave af if you could plug your cable box or w/e into your Xbox. They shot themselves in the foot. Not only did they shoot themselves in the foot but they shot themselves in the foot with a fcking 50 cal.

That really allowed the PS4 to be advertised and perceived as the console "for the gamers" and "about the video games". All of that combined with a great launch, great titles, everything in OP's post is imo why that gen was nowhere near as competitive as the prior one between Sony and Microsoft.

EDIT:

Also I guess I'm biased but I think the N64/PS1/Gameboy and Gameboy Color were more groundbreaking than the ps4.
    As a fan of videogames and someone who despises fat people who watch TV, Xbox really lost me when I felt they abandoned gamers in their effort to capitilize on other business through their gaming marketshare. I had a PS3 at the time that I rarely ever turned on just becuse I was so engrained in the Xbox ecosystem, but it it was these moves by MS with the Xboner1 that really gave me a nudge to see what PS exclusives were all about when I got my PS4.

There's literally nothing groundbreaking about ps4 lol wut.

It maybe was groundbreaking for Sony because they figured out that they specialize and excel in the 3rd person action experience. But what did they do that was groundbreaking? Nothing at all.

Pubg was groundbreaking. H1z1. Fortnite. Day z mods. These games changed fps forever when they indroduced the battle royal on huge maps.

Xbox one was ground breaking in a negative way, they figured out how to ruin a console faster then anyone.

Sony hasn't introduced or broke ground on anything but 70 dollar games and the wave of remasters we see today. "the ripple effect changed Sony and the video game industry" just lmao please go.
    That's the gist of the article, can you read?

Originally Posted by JayJ350 View Post
    That piece of chit is 9 years old already? Man, what an overrated turd. Oh well, it's old and now nobody worth caring about cares about it anymore. The console that ushered in the worst of times for the industry.
    One of the best selling consoles with a slew of the most critically acclaimed games is the worst time for the industry. Welcome back Jay.

[img]https://media.tenor.com/53mO4htkMIYAAAAd/i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif[img]

I don't think anyone who has seen a fair number of your posts believes this new "I was just trolling" routine. Your anger permeates through the internet on some posts.

I am however legit happy and happy for you that you didn't lose it this time.
    When you think I'm "losing it" I'm actually not. I always figured Americans were snowflakes based on family and friends I have living there. I have American cousins who visit me and see a bug or lizard on the wall and their balls retract in fear.

Being spicy is just how we are in the Caribbean my dude. We have high test and no participation trophies growing up so chit talking is just how bros relate. Believe it or not I really don't hate yourself or freeburner. I just figured you guys could handle it here because everyone knows we're adults who argue about videogames, surely it's nothing to get that srs about.

Anyway, I'm up fairly early today gonna hit up a few suppliers and then finally check out a high end OLED. Hnnnnnnngh

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OptimusTrajan View Post
    PS1 and 2 are so different from PS3 and 4 that they might as well be considered different families.
    I'd say they're all unique eras, but the PS1 and PS2 era definitely have a lot of similarities. The PS3 kinda continued on with the way Sony had always been, but it was divisive as they made a lot of big changes and some stupid moves early on (like getting rid of vibration for sixaxis control and the initial price tag). That and it's what started off the whole cinematic direction they later took, but it wasn't their main focus for a while. PS4 feels like product made by a completely different company though, the move to California completely changed the culture and they really took on the cinematic direction as their primary focus. It's like PS1 and PS2 was classic Sony at their best, PS3 was a transitional era, and PS4 was completely different from what they were before.

I feel like a lot of people who didn't like the PS3 became PS4 fanboys, while the PS4 was more divisive with the old school fans.

BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I am however legit happy and happy for you that you didn't lose it this time. Maybe this is a turning point.
    Come on now, half of his posts are bait and he's not even subtle about it lol.

Originally Posted by BraneyGumble View Post
    Half or more he does seem to be having a giggle, but there are surely exchanges I have seen him have where I'd bet it all that he is legit agitated.

When you think I'm "losing it" I'm actually not. I always figured Americans were snowflakes based on family and friends I have living there. I have American cousins who visit me and see a bug or lizard on the wall and their balls retract in fear.

Being spicy is just how we are in the Caribbean my dude. We have high test and no participation trophies growing up so chit talking is just how bros relate. Believe it or not I really don't hate yourself or freeburner. I just figured you guys could handle it here because everyone knows we're adults who argue about videogames, surely it's nothing to get that srs about.

Anyway, I'm up fairly early today gonna hit up a few suppliers and then finally check out a high end OLED. Hnnnnnnngh
    I still don't believe you . Gif

Lmaoooooooo this wall of cringe.

Yeah it must have been because you're a spicy carribbean dude. Really had us all fooled there for a while, we thought you were just a retarded fanboy.

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hmmm trying to remember any reason I'd really remember the ps4?

I bought one in 2014 to play while recovering from a serious injury and still the best game I played on it was mgsv. Diablo 3 was also fantastic on console for couch multiplayer. Neither of those were exclusives. It was definitely miles ahead of the xbox one, but the whole gen kinda sucked.

I built a pc shortly afterwards then started playing pubg.
    F­aggot

Lmaoooooooo this wall of cringe.

Yeah it must have been because you're a spicy carribbean dude. Really had us all fooled there for a while, we thought you were just a retarded fanboy.
    Yeah that's just how we grew up. I'm honestly not mad at you at all, check your cp, I repped you yesterday. You have some stupid takes of course but I'm pretty sure I agree with you when I think you're right. I'm not ashamed to do that at all.

Originally Posted by BraneyGumble View Post
    Lmao TRUE. This sub is just fun for me, lmao @ anyone who takes me seriously enough to feel offended. I chit on PC but I admitted to being a PC gamer for 13 years.I have some gripes about it but if I had to summarize my gaming life I would call myself a PC gamer. 16k hours and Immortal rank in Dota 2. My PS5 life is just a drop in the ocean compared to that.