sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation 2lbs per Week. Fact or Old Data

So I have always gone with the 2 lbs of Fat loss per week as a MAX rate. I've thought this for the last 15 years but now I am being told otherwise. Is there new data? Was that always just a "safe rate" or is that the bodies actual oxidizing max rate. I tell everyone anything more than 2 per week is muscle tissue and water WITH the fat. Looking for some case studies so far has not yielded any results. I had always assumed that any rate more than 2lbs per week is a deficit so great the body forces the cannibalization of muscle tissue. Am I wrong?
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    So I have always gone with the 2 lbs of Fat loss per week as a MAX rate. I've thought this for the last 15 years but now I am being told otherwise. Is there new data? Was that always just a "safe rate" or is that the bodies actual oxidizing max rate. I tell everyone anything more than 2 per week is muscle tissue and water WITH the fat. Looking for some case studies so far has not yielded any results. I had always assumed that any rate more than 2lbs per week is a deficit so great the body forces the cannibalization of muscle tissue. Am I wrong?
    From what I've read/heard - 1% of body weight lost per weight is usually a safe maximum, though those with higher body fat can safely lose at a faster rate, e.g. a 300lb guy who is over 40% body fat could drop 4-5lb per week (for a short while) without much risk of losing muscle tissue. As his weight decreases, he would need to drop down to 1% per week or less to preserve muscle.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends on how many lbs of fat you carry. A good rule of thumb is a deficit of about 30 calories for every pound of fat you carry is max so someone carrying 150 lbs of fat would have a bigger defict than someone with 50 lbs of fat. There is no 1 or 2 or whatever lb per week loss rule.

100 lbs of fat = 3,000 calorie deficit per day as a max.

50 lbs of fat= 1,500 calorie per day deficit as a max

20 lbs of fat= 600 calories per day deficit as a max.

these are maximum based on how much fat your body can release a day for energy. Whether someone wanted to explore the max is a different story.

as you lose fat you decrease your deficit however as you lose over all weight your maintenance also lowers so you have to factor that in

as people get lighter they tend to move more so that is now in the equation

lots to ponder....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

uvuas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    It depends on how many lbs of fat you carry. A good rule of thumb is a deficit of about 30 calories for every pound of fat you carry is max so someone carrying 150 lbs of fat would have a bigger defict than someone with 50 lbs of fat. There is no 1 or 2 or whatever lb per week loss rule.

100 lbs of fat = 3,000 calorie deficit per day as a max.

50 lbs of fat= 1,500 calorie per day deficit as a max

20 lbs of fat= 600 calories per day deficit as a max.

these are maximum based on how much fat your body can release a day for energy. Whether someone wanted to explore the max is a different story.

as you lose fat you decrease your deficit however as you lose over all weight your maintenance also lowers so you have to factor that in

as people get lighter they tend to move more so that is now in the equation

lots to ponder....
    Thx