Mpamparius is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My dream of transforming

Hi everyone !

I started lifting at the begin of 2022 and I'm going a bit on and off due to my daily schedule. I'm 22 and lately I've seen some progress in my strength. It's not much, but it is something. I had to stop going for a week due to my whole family being sick from Covid and now I'm back again. I was 132 lbs, before we got covid and in just a week I fell just under 130. I struggle way too much with gain weight and muscle, but on the opposite side I'm lean by nature (somewhat of a V-taper, low bodyfat etc.) I also lose weight extremely quickly and I can't stop eating or else I will lose 3 lbs in a day or two (basically a high metabolism).

My stats are 6'2 and 130 lbs of weight. I try to balance my quantity and nutrients and calorie intake and have enough energy and motivation for the gym. I want to start gaining weight immidiatelly, but sometimes I feel like my body does whatever it can to stop my progress (multiple "discarges", irregular appetite etc.) I've thought of going to a doctor and check out if I have a hormonal problem, but my bloodwork I did at 2020 showed I was very good and nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. I've, also considered steroids in a few years, but the risk/reward factor is not worth it.

It's my dream to see myself in the mirror one day and see someone who is "huge", compared to what I am right now (my goal is to reach 160-170 lbs and somewhere around 10% BF). I feel desperate, because I don't know what else to do so I can actually start seeing a change and surpass the 130 lbs weight I'm stuck for years now.

Any advice is appreciated !

AlphaZenca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, congratulations on starting your weightlifting journey and trying to better your lifestyle. You should be proud of yourself that you took that step to actually begin and start going consistently!

Although I understand how frustrating it can be to be working out and feeling you have not made any progress, but being 22 and only starting to lift weights this year; you SHOULD NOT even think about steroids at this point at all. Furthermore, do not worry about missing the week and losing some pounds as long as you always go back to your regime over the long run and are consistent.

The best advice I can give you as a newby is also the most basic advice I'm sure you've heard a lot, and that is, EAT MORE & KEEP LIFTING HEAVY. When you are eating without counting how many calories you are consuming it can sometimes feel like you are eating a lot, but in reality you are only eating enough to maintain or even under your maintenance calories. I would suggest figuring out your maintenance calories (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-nxs_GS8Es) then eating 300-500 more calories than that to gain lean size and muscle. Furthermore, make sure to calculate the weight and reps you are doing every week and try to add more weight weekly (or what your body can handle). With these two steps you should start seeing differences and gaining size fairly soon since you are a beginner as well and you will see lots of newby gains.

The irregular appetite can make it hard to hit your calories (I've been there) but the more you do it the more used to it your body will get. Try to consume shakes with your food to increase your caloric intake (this does not mean replacing meals with shakes). Adding nuts is very helpful as well.

Lastly, I have no doubt you will reach 16-170 lbs and achieve your dream transformation, but at 10% body fat that is very difficult and you will need to have precision like discipline with every meal, workout, sleep. Even then it is very difficult. That being said, reaching 160-170lbs and looking good is very achievable, but understand it will take lots of time and not to go off the transformations you see online. Everything you see online is not the reality most of the time, and to gains that much weight in muscle will take years.

I hope some of this information was helpful, and please feel free to msg me with any questions you might have!

Goodluck on your Journey!

Originally Posted by Mpamparius View Post
    Hi everyone !

I started lifting at the begin of 2022 and I'm going a bit on and off due to my daily schedule. I'm 22 and lately I've seen some progress in my strength. It's not much, but it is something. I had to stop going for a week due to my whole family being sick from Covid and now I'm back again. I was 132 lbs, before we got covid and in just a week I fell just under 130. I struggle way too much with gain weight and muscle, but on the opposite side I'm lean by nature (somewhat of a V-taper, low bodyfat etc.) I also lose weight extremely quickly and I can't stop eating or else I will lose 3 lbs in a day or two (basically a high metabolism).

My stats are 6'2 and 130 lbs of weight. I try to balance my quantity and nutrients and calorie intake and have enough energy and motivation for the gym. I want to start gaining weight immidiatelly, but sometimes I feel like my body does whatever it can to stop my progress (multiple "discarges", irregular appetite etc.) I've thought of going to a doctor and check out if I have a hormonal problem, but my bloodwork I did at 2020 showed I was very good and nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. I've, also considered steroids in a few years, but the risk/reward factor is not worth it.

It's my dream to see myself in the mirror one day and see someone who is "huge", compared to what I am right now (my goal is to reach 160-170 lbs and somewhere around 10% BF). I feel desperate, because I don't know what else to do so I can actually start seeing a change and surpass the 130 lbs weight I'm stuck for years now.

Any advice is appreciated !

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nice job there! Go futher!