jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhopper37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Novice Bodybuilder Looking for Help

Hey hey!

So I live in a very rural area in NW Tennessee. My resources are limited when it comes to this topic. So I am hoping you all can help me out.

I'm 37 and currently 5ft 9.5 in tall and 246lbs, two months ago I had an IFBB pro caliper my body fat and was right at 14.5%. A little leaner now.

I am blessed with the fact that it's very easy for me to put on weight and gain muscle. Never been an issue.

I'm looking to compete in my first show in April 2023.

Seeing how I am six months out, would you all recommend I continue to put some more mass/size on... put a minimal amount of size on while cutting some.

or just focus on cutting more weight right now?

I also naturally hold more water than the average joe. I was a Marine for 10.5 years and could manipulate my water weight to make weigh-ins every time. The most I have ever lost in 48 hours is around 12 pounds.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, any online source (even if I have to pay) that would assist me with my prep, diet, and workouts?

100% new to bodybuilding... so go easy on me. n. I have been told countless times I have the perfect frame and body to compete if I can dial thingS. We moved to rural NW TN and I'm bored out of my mind and going nuts... so trying to keep mentally sane by focusing on this.

Thanks gents.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome

I'd say start by reading this:
    Calculating Calories and Macros - How to

It's a "sticky" in this forum. The other stickies are worth reading as well when you have a chance.

If you are competing there are a lot of people here with knowledge, but maybe you'd benefit from a coach, too.

Team 3DMJ has a good podcast on YouTube for those looking to complete.

Also, thanks for your service.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jhopper37 View Post

I'm 37 and currently 5ft 9.5 in tall and 246lbs, two months ago I had an IFBB pro caliper my body fat and was right at 14.5%.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... im calling BS on these stats dude. If that were true, you'd be as big as Phil Heath... post a picture
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"