BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Review: Bells of Steel Barenaked Power Bar 2.0

https://www.bellsofsteel.us/all-prod...RoCm_wQAvD_BwE

A few months back I picked up a Bells of Steel Bare Naked Powerlifting Bar 2.0, and I've had it long enough now that I'm comfortable reviewing and recommending it. I got lucky and got one locally for $100, new in the tube, never opened, and still soaked in oil. I only bought it because it was local and cheap. I had just gotten a stainless steel Rogue Ohio Power Bar and didn't need this, but I got it anyway. And I'm glad I did. I love this bar. So much so that's it's my full time deadlift bar now. I had been using the Rogue Ohio Power Bar for everything, but the BoS felt so much better in the hand that I put the Rogue in my rack for squats and bench, and I deadlift with the BoS.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this bar when I got it, but it didn't take long to figure out. It feels about the same as the Rogue for the press, squat, and bench, but it feels a lot better to me for the deadlift. I prefer the feel of the knurl and the finish in the hand.

This bar is worth the price and more, and I'd definitely recommend it even at full price. Everything about it is equal or better than the more expensive Rogue. The sleeves fit tighter to the shaft than the Rogue, they have less slack and make less noise, but still manages to rotate well enough that you can do cleans with it. If I had gotten this bar first, I wouldn't have gotten the Rogue.

The only issue you may have with this bar, is the bare metal shaft finish, especially if you're not used to dealing with bare steel bars. If you live in a humid environment like I do, it will rust, and it will rust fast and it will rust a lot. The sleeves are chrome and still look brand new, but the shaft will be brown immediately. The rust really builds up underneath any chalk you leave on the bar. I don't have any climate control in my garage, and the bar rusts between training days. I just clean the smooth portions that drag up my leg every session, and the rest of the bar every few weeks. Patina is already setting in. The stainless steel Rogue bar is a lot easier to maintain, but the BoS has an all around better feel to it.

If you need a 29mm bar for powerlifting, this is an amazing bar. I love the knurl and the feel in my hands. Everyone has their personal preference on knurl, but this knurl feels as good as anything I've felt from Rogue, Kabuki, Texas Power Bar, etc.

I hope this review helps someone who needs a budget bar, and some of you give this bar a chance.
    I'm a weightlifter, just starting to add some bodybuilding into my training. I'm mostly here for the equipment forum.

BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigAlexG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm bumping this up again in hopes someone finds it helpful, and just to try to bury the spam posts that are plaguing this forum.
    I'm a weightlifter, just starting to add some bodybuilding into my training. I'm mostly here for the equipment forum.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like you picked up a winner and a great value bar. Maybe a big ask, but can you get a close-up shot of the knurling compared to the OHP? Is it mountain or volcano?

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Sounds like you picked up a winner and a great value bar. Maybe a big ask, but can you get a close-up shot of the knurling compared to the OHP? Is it mountain or volcano?
    Sorry, I was gone for a few days, and then this post got buried by spam of course.

They're both volcano. They're very nearly identical, except for the Rogue having stainless steel, and the Bells of Steel being raw steel. The BoS knurl is also ever so slightly smaller in size.

I can't get pictures to attach, and I currently don't have an external picture hosting site that I use. I will try to PM them to you.