PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000)

Returning to lift after a long stop

Hey guys

Im returning to lift after a long hiatus. Was checking the forums and reddit and tried to find as much info as possible I tried making my own. I know my way around the gym, well knew but will probably all come back to me

I shall be cutting fat as ive gaine a lot of it. 31% bf is the guy who measured it did it correctly so got a long way to go to get healthy again
    I will be doing 2 days cardio or some sports and a 3 day full body workout.
    I would be doing day A and B rotated

Day A
    Seated leg curls 3x10
    Squats 2x5, 1x5+
    Bench 2x5, 1x5+
    Pendlay rows 3x8
    Lateral raises+Rear delt flys 3x10

Day B
    Leg extensions 3x10
    Deadlifts 2x5, 1x5+
    Ohp 2x5, 1x5+
    Close grip lat pulldowns 3x8
    Bicep+Triceps 3x10

How does this look?

I try to get the basics in, it would be alternating fashion week 1 A/B/A week 2 B/A/B with offcourse if amrap set is above 5 reps then raise weight accordingly

Got the small stuff in like laterals and rear delts and arms just for focus and dont want to neglect them alongside my hammies only thing I am not sure if about the leg extensions cause it might be too much quad focussed? I readed leg curls before squats are beneficial so I thought maybe same with deadlifts/leg extensions but I might be totally wrong correct me here, maybe lying leg curls?
    Also would it be beneficial to add calf raises? My calves look good but wondering if itll otherwise be too much (7exercises)

I added lat pulldowns cause I am too weak for chin ups/pull ups, a part of me says do as many chin ups I can and finish up with lat pulldowns every set, (1 or 2 reps or how many I can do or negatives then switch?)

I think if deadlifts get heavy if its twice a week I might do 1 B day DLs and the 2nd one RDLs but thats if DLs get too taxing I think

Anyways what are your thoughts here? Hope it looks alright but would love for some honest feedback

Thanks in advance broskis

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would look better IMO if you didn't start each day with either leg curls or leg extensions, but do what you prefer.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, starting with isolations seems like something you do to tailer to specific needs for someone pretty well-along, like prefatiguing an overperforming muscle prior to a compound, or simply as a warm up. Doing working sets with them beforehand does seem a little odd.
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whenever I've had a layoff of more than a few months, I do a full-body compounds only until I find my ranges. This might take a week or a couple of months. No need to overthink it.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
    Unknown

PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000) PitufoCanario is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Yeah, starting with isolations seems like something you do to tailer to specific needs for someone pretty well-along, like prefatiguing an overperforming muscle prior to a compound, or simply as a warm up. Doing working sets with them beforehand does seem a little odd.
    The leg extension I can understand its weird. The leg curls ive readed it helps with the squat thats why I picked that but yea leg ext is a weird one might take that one off

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Whenever I've had a layoff of more than a few months, I do a full-body compounds only until I find my ranges. This might take a week or a couple of months. No need to overthink it.
    Yeah makes sense thought the 2 to 3 isolations x day wouldnt be such an impact. Or atleast start with 2 sets iso 3.

Any tips on the chinup / pulldown question I got? Pretty weak on chin ups so like in OP thought doing amrap or deficit and finish with pulldowns but not sure if thats a good thing to do

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PitufoCanario View Post
    Any tips on the chinup / pulldown question I got? Pretty weak on chin ups so like in OP thought doing amrap or deficit and finish with pulldowns but not sure if thats a good thing to do
    It's not good to be an ahole and hog both the chinup & lat pulldown stations to do both in the same "set", especially when you can only do 1 chinup.

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah makes sense thought the 2 to 3 isolations x day wouldnt be such an impact. Or atleast start with 2 sets iso 3.

I'm talking about getting into the training groove. I went from squatting 1 plate to 3 plates in about a month or so after time off. I already knew how to get there so I didn't sweat details. What's the most pull-ups you've ever done?

Unknown

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I'm talking about getting into the training groove. I went from squatting 1 plate to 3 plates in about a month or so after time off. I already knew how to get there so I didn't sweat details. What's the most pull-ups you've ever done?
    Ah yeah I get that. Maybe a smart move tbh
    Havent tested it out yet. I reckon 1 or 2 if I am lucky. Never practiced them well atleast the last couple of years

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's not good to be an ahole and hog both the chinup & lat pulldown stations to do both in the same "set", especially when you can only do 1 chinup.
    Yeah I wouldnt do that. The gym has 4 pulldown stations and 1 assisted pull/chin up station and 3 or 4 bars to do normal pull ups. I could do the chin ups between the first or second exercise as a sort of superset but that probably wouldnt be a smart move I think, not sure

Yeah I wouldnt do that. The gym has 4 pulldown stations and 1 assisted pull/chin up station and 3 or 4 bars to do normal pull ups. I could do the chin ups between the first or second exercise as a sort of superset but that probably wouldnt be a smart move I think, not sure
    Dude keep it simple, just do the pulldowns. Doing "amrap" chinups when amrap=1 then running to the pulldown station is kinda silly. If you want to do assisted pullups then do that instead of the pulldowns.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Leg curls before squats is actually a really good call*
    Good pump
    Warmed up knees

As for quad extensions before deads?
    If your knees are cranky, they can be a great warmup again*.

Not my general recommendation of biggest multi joint to smallest single joint movements. But there are definitely cases for hammies, bicep, delts ect.

Although id class that more as a warmup than real working sets

*Providing its not to real failure or past
    FMH crew - Couch.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Leg curls before squats is actually a really good call*
    Good pump
    Warmed up knees

As for quad extensions before deads?
    If your knees are cranky, they can be a great warmup again*.

Not my general recommendation of biggest multi joint to smallest single joint movements. But there are definitely cases for hammies, bicep, delts ect.

Although id class that more as a warmup than real working sets

*Providing its not to real failure or past
    Ahh then iso counting them as work sets just jump on and do 1 or 3 light sets of maybe 15+reps to warm up the joints and the knees? Then just jump on the big compound? (After warm up)

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dude keep it simple, just do the pulldowns. Doing "amrap" chinups when amrap=1 then running to the pulldown station is kinda silly. If you want to do assisted pullups then do that instead of the pulldowns.
    Alright will do that then
    Thanks

Ahh then iso counting them as work sets just jump on and do 1 or 3 light sets of maybe 15+reps to warm up the joints and the knees? Then just jump on the big compound? (After warm up)
    IMO if you're just starting out again and your squats/DL are relatively low, you'll be better off just warming up with bodyweight & lighter set squats, and lighter set DLs. Then using the leg curls & leg extensions afterwards as full working sets. For muscle development, not warmups.

OP, just do a novice program because that's what you are.

Unknown