ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question Is fake leather better than real leather for shoes?

For real, this is my anecdote:

- Bought some real leather Adidas minimalist sneakers for like 70 usd, lasted 4 months.

- Bought then some higher quality (full grain real leather) ones for 200 usd, lasted 6 months.

- Bought fake leather Adidas for 50 usd, almost 1 year going strong.

On the former two the uppers got scratched or torn or had a faded look.

Since fake leather is basically bendy plastic, super resistant to punctures, tears and cleans easily.

Same shoe style, same walking habits, same terrain.
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends what you're using them for, and your operative definition of "better"

Economically, and for normal day to day purposes with no maintenance/care performed? get fake leather.

If you are willing to take care of the leather, real leather will always look and feel better, and last longer.
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."

atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Zackad View Post
    Depends what you're using them for, and your operative definition of "better"

Economically, and for normal day to day purposes with no maintenance/care performed? get fake leather.

If you are willing to take care of the leather, real leather will always look and feel better, and last longer.
    Minimalist pure white sneakers to go out when there is no formal shoe requirement and i am not in the gym. So basically, everyday shoes.

Better in terms of durbability.

Not sure if putting shoe cream would make a difference - real leather seems more delicate and prone to getting punctured.

GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why would you buy pure white shoes for everyday wear

Originally Posted by GooBaaa View Post
    Why would you buy pure white shoes for everyday wear
    I am officecel so they wouldn't get too dirty.

They just go with everything - jeans, chinos etc

outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fake leather is for poor people and homos.
    Sniff hard as fuk when guys pass by to smell their balls crew
    Don't know how to hold arms when walking crew
    Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew
    Order pizza and lower money from second floor in bucket crew
    Bodybuilders against lifting crew
    Mod Negs: 3

Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ten_Hearts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    For real, this is my anecdote:

- Bought some real leather Adidas minimalist sneakers for like 70 usd, lasted 4 months.

- Bought then some higher quality (full grain real leather) ones for 200 usd, lasted 6 months.

- Bought fake leather Adidas for 50 usd, almost 1 year going strong.

Since fake leather is basically bendy plastic, super resistant to punctures, tears and cleans easily.

Same shoe style, same walking habits, same terrain.
    But what you mean by lasted 6 months? Like for anything there are different grades of quality when it comes to leather. There are also other factors with shoe construction that can impact longevity. With leather you usually got to do some car for them but I find leather in general last longer and looks better.

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    leather is preferable if you want to show wear and age. if your goal is NOT to show wear and age, then vinyl. Downside is vinyl doesn't breath whatsoever.

if your leather was torn due to wear, then it was crap leather. if your sneakers faded for reasons not due to abrasion, then it was crap leather. not all leather is created equal.
    2022 Option Trading Realized Gains: $125,348 USD
    2023 Goal: $140,000
    2023 Option Trading Realized Gains: $142,035 USD
    2024 Goal: $80,000

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by usersignup2 View Post
    leather is preferable if you want to show wear and age. if your goal is NOT to show wear and age, then vinyl. Downside is vinyl doesn't breath whatsoever.

if your leather was torn due to wear, then it was crap leather. if your sneakers faded for reasons not due to abrasion, then it was crap leather. not all leather is created equal.
    what this man said. White leather is the worse color to choose. Frankly might as well go with synthetic if you want shoes to be white. Dress shoes in black or brown or any other color will outlast anything synthetic simply because it can be reconditioned with conditioner and dyes in worst cases. but the wear can add to the character of the shoe.

tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000) tricepertops is just really nice. (+1000)
    A lot of 'genuine leather' shoes are low quality pressed leather that peels, pig's skin etc.

For sneakers I'd just get whatever. For dress shoes, good quality leather looks and feels far superior.

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Minimalist pure white sneakers to go out when there is no formal shoe requirement and i am not in the gym. So basically, everyday shoes.

Better in terms of durbability.

Not sure if putting shoe cream would make a difference - real leather seems more delicate and prone to getting punctured.
    If you're willing to put in the care required for real leather and actually buy some quality leather shoes, I'd go for real.

If you just want something that will continue to look good for a while and will be the lowest maintenance, I'd get fake and just clean them as needed.
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."