erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much weight can I reasonably expect to deadlift without injuring myself?

I'm natural. This week I am hoping to pull a 3.13x bodyweight deadlift, but there has been uncertainty in me because I don't know how much weight I can safely pull as a natural without causing serious injury to myself. I know that this uncertainty will prevent me from giving it my all when the day comes. I know that the answer is almost certainly much higher than 3.13x bodyweight, but I would just to hear what some people have been able to deadlift naturally.

Thank you.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3.14x bw is the limit, you’re safe.

You can safely pull whatever you’ve trained yourself to have the strength and capacity to pull. No one else’s DL has anything to do with yours.

erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post

You can safely pull whatever you’ve trained yourself to have the strength and capacity to pull. No one else’s DL has anything to do with yours.
    Thank you. Unfortunately, though, I don't think this answer will help my uncertainty. I'll just have to hit the PR with it.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Injury risk is also relative to how strong you are, not (just) related to absolute weight.

A novice could injure themselves with 225 (and I did back in the very early days) but now, it's not even my lowest warmup weight.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    We always used 3.14159 to keep 6 significant digits. It's easy as Pi.
    Last edited by paulinkansas; 09-30-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For refinery contractors.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While bodyweight ratios do tend to err on the side of making lighter people's lifts look more impressive (as do absolute numbers with heavy weightclass lifters), I still don't think you'd have gotten to the point of pulling 3x your weight with this doubt lingering in your mind. If you've not attempted anything close to this before, then don't try to skip the progression in between.

Even if you're relatively light and weigh 160, you'd be managing a 5 plate pull, which at that bodyweight would be very impressive. If you're at the level of seriously attempting that, I think you would have a good intuitive sense of what you're capable of already.
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://www.powerlifting.sport/championships/records

Have a peak here 😉 will see the top tested records.
    FMH crew - Couch.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    https://www.powerlifting.sport/championships/records

Have a peak here 😉 will see the top tested records.
    Lol

“Tested”

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Lol

“Tested”
    Its a classic...
    Worst case its low dose and weaker creatine.
    Not full blown push biking

Its the best we have to compare to.

At least in civilised countries xD
    FMH crew - Couch.

Well, I tried it three times and got it once, but the successful rep was sloppy. Hopefully, I can get it cleanly next time around.

[QUOTE=MyEgoProblem;1668717343

Have a peak here ������ will see the top tested records.[/QUOTE]

I've often seen lists like these where the max weight for my bodyweight completely dwarf my own max weight, but they don't bring me confidence. This is largely because we all know that these guys aren't 100% natural.

Originally Posted by erigni View Post
    I've often seen lists like these where the max weight for my bodyweight completely dwarf my own max weight, but they don't bring me confidence. This is largely because we all know that these guys aren't 100% natural.
    There is a % who are indeed not.

But then again, genetics play a far bigger role regardless.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100) Brutanez is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by erigni View Post
    I'm natural. This week I am hoping to pull a 3.13x bodyweight deadlift, but there has been uncertainty in me because I don't know how much weight I can safely pull as a natural without causing serious injury to myself. I know that this uncertainty will prevent me from giving it my all when the day comes. I know that the answer is almost certainly much higher than 3.13x bodyweight, but I would just to hear what some people have been able to deadlift naturally.

Thank you.
    Just make sure that as you do it you breathe INTO your balls. Then you can do reps with 1,100 lbs. That's the trick. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Brutanez View Post
    Just make sure that as you do it you breathe INTO your balls. Then you can do reps with 1,100 lbs. That's the trick. Hope this helps.
    I definitely always do this. But the fear of blowing a disc is really holding me back, and it has been for a while. This is the first time where it really prevented me from hitting a PR. It also prevented me from grinding out a squat PR.