TheWinged1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Made a programm for myself, does this makes sense?

3 times a week, full body

About to begin 3rd month on my journey

Workout A

High Bar Squats 5×5(currently 80 kg, I decided to stop overloading because I don't trust my form, I feel like my lower back is way too weak which prevents me from raising chest up. I ended up doing half good mornings)
    Flat Barbell Bench press 5×5(currently 45, failedast rep on last set previous workout so will repeat the weight without adding new)
    Seated Cable Rows 3×12(currently 30)
    Machine-assisted dips3×8(77 kg assist, I am overweight at 110 kg and very tall, 193 cm)
    EZ Bar curls(empty bar because I tried them first time previous workout, I want to start lightest and go up steadily)
    2×10 bodyweight back extensions to help with my very weak lower back

Workout B

Leg Press(testing the waters with 5 sets in rep range of 10-15 with high effort, I am replacing squats here so idk how much weight it will be)
    OHP 5×5(35 kg currently)
    Deadlift 1×5 with(100 kg)
    Chin ups 3×12 with 77 assist
    Skull crushers(empty ez bar, plan to do first time today)
    Back Extensions 2×10

This is butchered stronglifts 5 x 5 with recommended accessories, I switched one of squats for leg press because I don't want to squat 3 times a week if I stopped adding weight(not as pleasant for me), switched barbell row for seated cable and back extensions since I can't keep my back straight even with 10 kg bar. Even literally weightless I still can't for long enough, I am way too heavy for my weak lower back

For first 2 months I was doing stronglifts 5×5 exactly by book

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Id wager your back isnt too weak.
    you just dont know how to brace your trunk/core.
    dunno why "raising your chest up" is a thing again? your torso lean is really decided by your leverages.

It looks ok i guess.

reset the weight on the squats, pull 10-15% off and build back up.
    Read up or watch videos on the valsalva manouver for bracing.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 09-29-2022 at 07:33 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

TheWinged1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Id wager your back isnt too weak.
    you just dont know how to brace your trunk/core.

It looks ok i guess.

reset the weight on the squats, pull 10-15% off and build back up.
    Read up or watch videos on the valsalva manouver for bracing.
    I will do that, but I know how to brace. Maybe I am doing it incorrectly somehow, but I hold my breath through entire squat and I fill out the belt with expanding my gut. Maybe I don't flex my abs properly?

I also lose all my breath in squat and I think it weakens me on last reps severely since I sometimes spend whole 5-10 seconds under bar trying to gather breath for another brace. I guess need more cardio for that?

Do you have any good source on how to brace better

"It looks ok" doesn't sound exactly encouraging. How could it be better then? I am very open to critique and there aren't any exercises I hate so I am open to something new.

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alexander Bromley has done some excellent videos on bracing.

Check out one of these: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...romley+bracing
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChickNPicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, not sure if that's the best program for you. Hard to say. Everybody is different. I didn't like 5x5.

But I will give you credit and let you know you are making the smart move to make sure your form is good to protect your lower back, especially on those barbell bent/pendley rows. They are the biggest back killer, in my opinion.

Don't be afraid to not add weight until form is correct.

Film yourself on every set of squats, deadlifts, and barbell rows (if you do them). Trust me, it will help you get form correct.

Here is my program that I using: I use dynamic double progression (look it up if unfamiliar)

+ indicates going past failure to partials.

W1:
    - squat 3x6-8
    - bench 3x6-8
    - chest flys 2x12-20
    - chest supported barbell row 3x6-8+
    - lateral raises 2x + (add weight after 30 or more reps with full range of motion)
    - rear flys 2x + (add weight after 30 or more reps with full range of motion)

W2:
    - deadlift 3x6-8
    - overhead press 3x6-8
    - bench 3x6-8
    - chest supported barbell row 3x6-8+
    - lateral raises same as before
    - rear flys (if I have the time/drive)
    - barbell curls 3x8-10

* I do plan on changing the second chest support we row to pull ups when I get a bar set up. First one I bought would not work.

* I also plan on adding some type of tricep isolation at some point but between benching twice and over head presses they should be getting a decent amount of activation for now as a beginner.