Registered User joshiemansfield's Avatar
    joshiemansfield is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gain weight assistance

Hello,

I have just got recently FitBit Watch and I have seen that my walking (general life) consumes me about 2500 cal a day but I eat no where near that amount.

I am currently 35 years old, probably around 52 kg and want to get to 65kg.

How much calories (food intake) should I consume a day, I have a gym in my apartment so I can start working out but I don’t want to start unless I get my eating correct.

Any help would be great. Feel really skinny these days and people have said it to me as well.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello, welcome.

I don't know much about the FitBit Watch or if they can provide an accurate reading. I'm going to go with no though.

1. You need to calculate your caloric needs based on your height and weight. You can do this here; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

In short, you need to eat above your maintenance to gain weight and under it to lose weight.

2. You need to dedicate yourself to a proven, novice routine. I would suggest the Fierce 5 Routine here; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631

Very important you stick to a proven program. A lot of newbies like to make their own splits or programs that have too much or little volume. Burn out or muscle imbalance is usually the end result. The Fierce 5 Program is ideal for you and the focus on continued weight added to the bar will do wonders for your body (assuming you fuel it correctly)

---------------------------

You're in a good position. It's better to be skinny and looking upwards than it is to be overweight and needing to cut for a newbie. Educate yourself on macros, calories and form healthy habits. Eat 500 calories over your maintenance, a good amount of protein, stick to the Fierce 5 Routine.
    Currently cutting.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Trial and error.

1. Eat the same number of calories every day
    2. Weigh yourself every morning after using the toilet but before eating or drinking
    3. Look for the trend over time (ignore day to day changes caused by water).
    4. If you want to gain weight and you are losing weight the make small adjustments (+200 calories) once every 2 weeks or so and continue to monitor.

Your fitbit is basically a toy. Sorry.

ZachTrowbridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Trial and error.

1. Eat the same number of calories every day
    2. Weigh yourself every morning after using the toilet but before eating or drinking
    3. Look for the trend over time (ignore day to day changes caused by water).
    4. If you want to gain weight and you are losing weight the make small adjustments (+200 calories) once every 2 weeks or so and continue to monitor.

Your fitbit is basically a toy. Sorry.
    Pretty much this. Even with calculators it just gives you a starting point, but there is too much individual variability for an app or calculator to get it right from the beginning.