Thread: Front squats...

MozYNWA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Front squats...

Want to start fierce 5 but any plans I see with front squats I avoid because no matter how hard I try I can't get my ****ty wrists into position to do them or loft my elbows high enough (because of my ****ty wrists again)

I have a slight injury in my right wrist I've worked through for years I done while benching which doesn't help. Is there anyway to do a front squat that doesn't involve gettin into that front rack position? (I tried the crossed arms grip but felt like i was getting choked out and the bar was gona roll)

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could do zercher squats or goblet squats.

F5 itself says you can sub front squats for paused back squats, or front squats+RDL for DL+leg curls.

MozYNWA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You could do zercher squats or goblet squats.

F5 itself says you can sub front squats for paused back squats, or front squats+RDL for DL+leg curls.
    Well thats my bad for not reading the whole thread missed the paused back squat sub that's cool thank you!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Leg press
    Hack squat
    Goblet squat
    SSB squat
    Pendulum squat (if you’re blessed to have one)

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://content.artofmanliness.com/u...rip-Alts-2.jpg

You don't need ANY wrist mobility to front squat. Im A huge fan of the strap grip.

Ps. You're always gonna feel like you're getting choked.

Safety squat bar squats would be next on my list for you if your too worried about a little bar chokey choke on fierce 5

Front squat
    Ssb squat
    Zercher squat
    Goblet squat
    Pause squat
    Then machines
    FMH crew - Couch.

aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MozYNWA View Post
    Want to start fierce 5 but any plans I see with front squats I avoid because no matter how hard I try I can't get my ****ty wrists into position to do them or loft my elbows high enough (because of my ****ty wrists again)

I have a slight injury in my right wrist I've worked through for years I done while benching which doesn't help. Is there anyway to do a front squat that doesn't involve gettin into that front rack position? (I tried the crossed arms grip but felt like i was getting choked out and the bar was gona roll)
    I prefer the Cross grip for front squats. It is comfortable to me, and eliminate the wrist issue.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Use straps while working on your mobility.

Work on your mobility before every strength session. Try your warm up sets without straps when you can. Considering your previous injury, you may never get to doing the work sets without the straps, but it will help a lot in the long run.

togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100) togijog is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MozYNWA View Post

Zercher squat