Herdicasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Opinion about this workout program

I am a beginner in weightlifting (less than 6 months). My main problem is that I don't have much time to train in the gym.

I would like to achieve a development similar to the body type of Tom Ellis or Dacre Montgomery.

I am taking care of my food, rest and I do aerobic exercise.

I have designed this training myself and I would like to know your opinion, if you change anything and do you think it's enough for my goals? (I am working calves, shoulders and biceps at home with a resistance band):

Day A:
    - Hip thrust 4 x 8
    - Pull ups 3 x 8
    - Machine row 3 x 10
    - Chin ups 3 x 10
    - Dumbbell row 3 x 12

Day B:
    - Overhead press 4 x 10
    - Bench press 3 x 10
    - Dumbbell incline press 3 x 12
    - Cable crossover 3 x 15
    - Cable triceps extensions 3 x 15

Day C:
    - Hip thrust 4 x 8
    - Pull ups 3 x 8
    - Squat 3 x 8
    - Dips 3 x 8
    - Hamstring curls 3 x 15

Edit: I'm new here and I don't know why my profile says my age is 52. But I'm 22!

radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do Fierce 5 or another novice program. There's no reason to roll your own as a beginner and that one doesn't look very good.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Do Fierce 5 or another novice program.
    I can't do DL because of back problems. How can I replace it?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Herdicasa View Post
    I can't do DL because of back problems. How can I replace it?
    By reading the program, which has no DL.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    By reading the program, which has no DL.
    Yep. But I see DL in each program

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep. But I see DL in each program
    Weird, good thing you have back problems then - otherwise you might have to learn how to DL properly.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't do DL because of back problems.
    But you can squat and do hip thrusts. Odd problem.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
    Unknown

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    But you can squat and do hip thrusts. Odd problem.
    Maybe it's on my mind and I could do DL without any problem. But I don't feel safe doing that exercise because my back isn't right.

So if possible I prefer not to do it. If it's impossible to replace DL then I have to rethink things.

So are there any good workouts for beginners without DL?

Maybe it's on my mind and I could do DL without any problem. But I don't feel safe doing that exercise because my back isn't right.

So if possible I prefer not to do it. If it's impossible to replace DL then I have to rethink things.

So are there any good workouts for beginners without DL?
    Yeah but you seem to have a phobia that forces you to see it in programs where it doesn't exist. In any case, avoiding lifts that you suck at instead of learning how to do them properly early on before weights get heavy isn't a great approach.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is incredibly easy to replace deadlifts, assuming we are talking about deadlifts off the floor.

Matter of fact, F5 as suggested has RDLs as a main movement.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    In any case, avoiding lifts that you suck at instead of learning how to do them properly early on before weights get heavy isn't a great approach.
    If I do DL with dumbbell it would be enough?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So long as you have a hip hinge pattern in.. Nobody (that wants to help) cares what it is.

*Floor pull deadlift variation
    *Good morning or rdl variation
    *Back extension variation

Hip thrust doesn't really count

But if you don't care about not doing it, and missing out. Do whatever you want. You Wont die.

Bonus.
    "deadlift" encompasses many variations. Not just the conventional floor pull. We need to be specific
    FMH crew - Couch.

Enough for what? The 2 people you mention as your goal physique probably don't DL at all. But they probably don't do your self-made program either.

Like I said, F5 doesn't have DL but you seem to think otherwise. Unless your phobia doesn't allow you to do any exercise with "deadlift" in the name even if you don't know what it is.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilders and bodybuilding programs tend to substitute the deadlift because it is a highly fatiguing, full-body exercise with relatively little specialized focus. Most high-level bodybuilders are non-natural and therefore capable of the recovery which intensive high-frequency isolated splits call for in that vein. Notwithstanding, some kind of more specified hip-hinge pattern is still important to maintain, and this is why RDLs are often the preferred substitution here. It's a lower weight capacity alternative which specifically targets the hamstrings and glutes much more than the conventional, which is a proper full-body exercise.

It's my favorite exercise and I will praise it as long as I'm able-bodied to lift, but if you want to focus on bodybuilding, I wouldn't do it more than occasionally. On my soapbox, I would say that a natural is better served by not trying to imitate drugged bodybuilders in their programming specifics and that just doing a balanced slew of heavy compounds with consistency and serious effort is going to hypertrophy you as much as you should realistic expect in the long run, but that's all up to you and your preferences.
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do giggle to my self when people say the rdl is significantly lighter than a floor pull..

Unless you are a hyper technical puller with gibbon arms. Many rdl more than they pull, and for reps.

Good mornings are the way to go for the sfr route.
    That been said, unless your pulling over 500 the fatigue isn't anything like as fatiguing as body builders like to claim.
    FMH crew - Couch.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    I do giggle to my self when people say the rdl is significantly lighter than a floor pull..

Unless you are a hyper technical puller with gibbon arms. Many rdl more than they pull, and for reps.

Good mornings are the way to go for the sfr route.
    That been said, unless your pulling over 500 the fatigue isn't anything like as fatiguing as body builders like to claim.
    You think RDL potential is greater than conventional? Never heard that claimed before. Aware me please.

Took me forever not to stiff leg them anyway and I managed close to 4 with that bad form years ago.
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"