Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User userX5IGVQ45SDB's Avatar
    userX5IGVQ45SDB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man,

Personally, I think that the 2x a week PPL is great for like 90% of people.

I believe bro splits are only necessary to those at a higher level and need to target every single head of each muscle with precision.

If you're trying to maintain, i'd simply add a day of lightwork in between each PPL day.

That's my current routine, and with the extra time between days I've been able to consistently shatter PR's since my muscles have more time to recover and on those off days I'll usually hit abs and HIIT cardio.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Re: the brosplit question, I have a theory that waiting a week might make the stimulus fresher - so perhaps it would take longer to make progress at first but it would keep working for longer too.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    On regular programming..
    I dont recall actually setting a squat the day after a big dead lift session. Squat variations after deads on the same day tho.

Hmmm.

Not that I'm against it per say, just never entered my head as something id do.
    I had noticed that the few strength routines I've done like Calgary Barbell never do it but they might put squat and dead variants on the same day.

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ben1500 View Post
    Hi, I’m here to ask if anyone still does a straight up 5 day bro split? I feel like bodybuilding is being over complicated a lot and I don’t know where to go from here. I normally do a 5/6 day push pull legs but always worry if I’m doing too much intensity/volume. I’m currently benching 112.5lgx10, deadlift 135kg x8 and squat 130x8. Am tempted to just simply things and hit each muscle once a week intensely or is this not a good idea?
    Thanks
    The main question is: what are your goals?

And with rep ranges of 8 or 10, I'm guessing the intensity is not at it's peak.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)