laquatus1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

using a meal planner

New here and looking for insight. Nutrition has always been the toughest part for me for getting into shape.

I am using Scooby's custom meal planner - the weight loss option. Can't share the link because I'm new and have too few posts.

One thing I've heard is that when it comes to fitness, instead of bouncing around from one plan to another trying to find which is best, it's better to pick one and stick with it. With that in mind, I have chosen this meal plan and am going to stick with it.

Info about myself. I'm 35 years old, 208 pounds, 5' 10 and I have a body fat percentage of roughly 26%. I plan to do 3-5 hours of cardio per week. I entered all of this into the calculator for the meal plan and it returned this.

Daily Macros: 217 grams of protein, 288 grams of carbs, 32 grams of fat
    Daily caloric target: 2340
    Number of pounds to lose: 33.28
    Weeks until body fat goal (10%): 22

Meal 1:
    Rolled Oats (uncooked weight) - 2.77 oz - 311 cals- 10g protein - 56g carbs - 6g fat
    whey protein powder - 55g - 214 cal - 40g protein - 4g carbs - 3g fat

Meal 2:
    mixed frozen veggies (frozen weight) - 14.46oz - 321 cals - 13g protein - 65g carbs - 0g fat
    chicken breast (cooked weight) - 4.07oz - 201 cals - 37g protein - 0g carbs - 4g fat

Meal 3:
    mixed frozen veggies (frozen weight) - 15.01oz - 333 cals - 13g protein - 67g carbs - 0g fat
    scrambled egg whites - quantity 12 - 192 cals - 48g protein - 0g carbs - 0g fat
    egg yolks - quantity 2 - 108 cals- 6g protein - 2g carbs - 10g fat

Snack:
    2 pieces of fruit (or some variation that equals stats) - 130 cals - 0g protein - 34g carbs - 0g fat

Meal 4:
    Rolled Oats (uncooked weight) - 2.77 oz - 311 cals- 10g protein - 56g carbs - 6g fat
    whey protein powder - 55g - 214 cal - 40g protein - 4g carbs - 3g fat

Looking at these figures seems fairly straightforward. However, you have to use the wayback machine to access the meal planner as the site is no longer up. So there are generally no explanations for a few things I have questions about. That's why I'm hoping I can get some help here. For instance, whenever I look up frozen chicken breast, the amount of protein is generally 23-27 grams and not 37. Also, as far as fruit is concerned for the snack portion, what type of fruit could I use to meet those requirements? I realize that I could use google for the fruit part, but I did and the results were not exactly helpful. Sorry for this long winded post, but all help is appreciated.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You don't need that much protein, you have too little fat.

You don't need to plan exact meal timings or eat the same thing all the time. It's fine to use a few meals as examples but be flexible. Remember that you have to hit a calorie target but you can get there using any combination of macros that meet or exceed the minimum requirements for fat and protein (both of which are talked about in the sticky threads)