EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Form Check: Barbell Curl

I'd say this looks pretty clean from the standpoint of just being a standard barbell curl, although not perfect of course. For it to be a "strict" curl (which I'm not claiming), what would need to be different? For instance, I thought that a proper strict curl required the elbows to be fixed in place along the ribcage, but in the new world record for this lift which was just set, the elbows were raised (see below). Would I just need to have my back placed against a flat surface to ensure no leanback?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpJaKpA-V4

So, for me to attempt the correct form, what points of difference would I need to observe? How does this curl look in general?
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You need a different color and style of shirt. Something like the one in my avatar.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top

Who would you have dinner by the pool with: Eli or Paul - second round

I like the curl

Some critics might say you use too much joint, too less muscle, but that's just bb stuff

No idea what record is that, because that's a hammer curl
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ever since I stopped trying to resist raising my elbows and actually performed it that way intentionally and “strictly,” I’ve been getting the best biceps pump of my life. I have to be careful not to overdo it lest I agitate my shoulders, but the contraction at roughly collarbone height is unreal.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're trying to avoid shoulder raise. Mainly it's a matter of the upper arms traveling to the outside more than them swinging forward.

As far as how you're lifting in the video, you can see that your head slides/extends back as you lift the weight. You close the angle of your arms just about fair enough. Your head should already be as stretched as it needs to be and your lean back should be countered by your obliques and abs keeping you upright and more forward bearing.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fwiw...I've always kind of considered there are 3 different types of BB curl; and I usually alternate between the 3 on my BB curl days.

First, the "standard" BB curl like you are doing in the vid; looks fine btw; some upper arm travel is normal and almost unavoidable. Keep in mind you can do these with vaying hand width positions. Also remember that Arnold used to perform the same movement with an overloaded bar, totally throwing form out the window and referred to them as cheater curls. The thought was to overload the bicep. I hate when people say "Well XXX used to this, and XXX used to that", but you can't deny Arnolds bis.

Second, the drag curl as seen here:

The thought here is to move the elbows back and keep the bar close to your body. I don't go as high as the kid in the first vid; more like the second vid. And the thought there is that, in a standard BB curl, when you are at full contraction, you are also at the spot where the arm bones and delts are supporting the weight. Whereas in the drag curl, you have the full weight of the bar in the fully contracted position. Because of this, it's a very light weight you are using as it can be pretty difficult.

And last, another option by Mark Rippetoe; often regarded as a very knowledgeable form guy. Pretty self expanatory vid:
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card