smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Is collagen just protein...is protein collagen??

I've been fighting tendon, elbow and knee pain for the past year. Done MRi, e-ray, cortizone, prednisone, PT etc...everything.
    I just ordered 2 different types of collagen...type 2 and some type 1&3. As I'm looking, reading and learning, I'm seeing a corrolation between collagen and protein; almost suggesting that if my protein intake is good (160-180g per day...160 lbs) that I don't need collagen, or am already getting it in my protein.
    Am I confused?

Thoughts?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    As I understand it, collagen is a type of protein but pretty poor if you are comparing it to whey for example.

https://examine.com/supplements/type-ii-collagen/

The primary benefit of undenatured CII appears to be improvement in joint pain, mainly in the context of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis

CII should not be taken as a protein supplement because it has a lackluster amino acid profile.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im not sure if this will calm down the inflammation. but I'm curious to see if it does. Keep us posted on your thoughts
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just have typical age/mileage wear on joints & nothing severe, but if it helps, since I added collagen peptides & turmeric into the mix on top of other supplements, I've noticed less irritation especially in knees. Not to mention my glowing skin & beautiful hair.

I don't rely on the collagen for my protein intake at all. If that 9g of protein on the label helps, just a bonus.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    As I understand it, collagen is a type of protein but pretty poor if you are comparing it to whey for example.

https://examine.com/supplements/type-ii-collagen/

The primary benefit of undenatured CII appears to be improvement in joint pain, mainly in the context of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis

CII should not be taken as a protein supplement because it has a lackluster amino acid profile.
    I noticed that; definitely not taking it for it's protein content.

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Im not sure if this will calm down the inflammation. but I'm curious to see if it does. Keep us posted on your thoughts
    Will do!

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I just have typical age/mileage wear on joints & nothing severe, but if it helps, since I added collagen peptides & turmeric into the mix on top of other supplements, I've noticed less irritation especially in knees. Not to mention my glowing skin & beautiful hair.

I don't rely on the collagen for my protein intake at all. If that 9g of protein on the label helps, just a bonus.
    Yeah I'm hoping the 1,3 help with the elbow tendonitis and the type 2 will soften the knees a little. I just had to back out of a show in November due to not being able to push these last 8 weeks. My son who trains too said it doesn't surprise him at all where I tend to keep myself fairly lean all year long and never really have a bulking season. He said that will damage tendons and joints.
    So, I'm taking a couple weeks off completely, try to heal, then start back gently and hopefully come around for some shows in '23

Thanks for the thoughts folks
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Collagen protein comes from the bones, skin etc from animal sources. It has low amounts of the essential amino acids like leucine and has barely any tryptophan. It has high amounts of glycine, proline and glutamine. All 3 are beneficial to joint, skin and tendon health. This is why it’s good for bone and joint health but bad for muscle building.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.