ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500) ZomboniSR is not very helpful. (-500)

Can somebody please help figure out what's wrong with my neck?

woke up one day and the right side of the back of my neck just randomly started hurting. To be more precise it doesn't feel like it's pain coming from the trapezius muscles connected to my neck but rather muscles underneath them. It's also worth noting that something similar happened a few weeks prior where I was doing shrugs and I got this HUGE sharp pain coming from my traps to the point where I couldn't finish my workout.

-if I tilt my head toward my right shoulder there's pain and stiffness
    -turning my head to look over my right shoulder there is stiffness and pain
    -inside of right shoulder (rear side) feels a little weak and tender
    -if I hang from a pull-up bar eventually my right shoulder will feel uncomfortable and will be in a little pain
    -right shoulder starts hurting after chest/shoulder day
    -exercising rear deltoid will 100% lead to inner pain in shoulder joint (this typically can be fixed if I do more pull-ups and stuff but it's gotten more frequent recently)

the pain and stiffness in my neck goes away over time with rest, but I can definitely tell eventually it'll come back. I exercise my neck frequently but not at an extensive level (maybe one set a day 3 times a week). I've stopped working my traps for the time being but I feel like this is an issue I need to get to the bottom of.

I don't even know who I can talk to about this.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I've had this. For me the issue was a tightness in the shoulders caused by too much pressing exercises which focus on the chest and front delts, giving you a head forward posture and protracted shoulders (hunched forwards).

Do overhead shrugs for the traps. Do reverse flys and/or facepulls for rear delts. Practise better posture - for example, when driving, try to keep your head on the headrest all the time without facing upwards (keep chin pointing forwards not up).

A doorway stretch might help with shoulder protraction but you also have to focus on holding shoulder back (without raising them like you are shrugging). Posture is a habit more than about strength.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 09-22-2022 at 12:17 AM.