Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Guyfawkes1010 View Post
    A better low 1% is about the ONLY argument that you can make that isnt tied to some elitism made up to justify shelling out a stupid amount of money otherwise. Its still not fair trade though. Not even close unless your jumping like you did. But also likely your CPU was by FAR what made up the difference. Thats one hella old CPU.
    I had my 4790k running at 5.1ghz with 2400 DDR3. It out performs a 3900x. I handed it down to my son.

But yes, popping in a 3080 on a 4790k only got me 1/2 to where I am at now with my gen 11. Spending that kind of money on a current gen video card with an aging CPU is not worth it. I think the biggest pump I got was the PCIE 4 for my NVME HDD and 4400mhx DDR4.

I'll def be skipping the 4000 series gpu.
    Last edited by pondus_levo; 09-23-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    Nah there is a difference but barely noticeable unless you slow down the game. I can get it helping a little in multiplayer games but again, not by much. Anyone with 5% better skill will easily win 90% of matches against you even if they're running it on 60fps.

My entire point is games aren't looking much better on PC than console currently. There's no games that take advantage of the power of those high end GPUs. Getting those super high end cards is pointless unless, again, you're just a super nerd who likes to see a high fps number on your screen.
    All games take advantage of the power of these gpus when you have a monitor to push them. Perhaps it's just diminishing returns after a certain point to some, but monitor tech will always keep growing and power users will always want the gpu to push them properly. For the top tier 1 percent pc users 4k/144hz monitors exist. Triple monitor setups exist. Plenty of setups that will utilize all the gpu power they can.

Basically you and I can play cyberpunk on our respective platforms and you're right, graphically it may not be too different, but I'll get much better fps and have access to tech like dlss to assist with pushing better frames. And a high refresh rate screen to match.

So to say there's nothing to take advantage of these gpus is just wrong. I play on a 1440p 240hz panel and I have a 3080ti because I want to get as many frames as possible in any game I play. If I was limited to a 60hz TV screen then yeah it would be a waste.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    All games take advantage of the power of these gpus when you have a monitor to push them. Perhaps it's just diminishing returns after a certain point to some, but monitor tech will always keep growing and power users will always want the gpu to push them properly. For the top tier 1 percent pc users 4k/144hz monitors exist. Triple monitor setups exist. Plenty of setups that will utilize all the gpu power they can.

Basically you and I can play cyberpunk on our respective platforms and you're right, graphically it may not be too different, but I'll get much better fps and have access to tech like dlss to assist with pushing better frames. And a high refresh rate screen to match.

So to say there's nothing to take advantage of these gpus is just wrong. I play on a 1440p 240hz panel and I have a 3080ti because I want to get as many frames as possible in any game I play. If I was limited to a 60hz TV screen then yeah it would be a waste.
    I just don't see pushing fps beyond a certain point as much of a graphical leap. When I see these badass new GPUs with 50 Tflops or whatever I want to see some really realistic looking games. Nothing comes close right now.

Let's pretend you really had a gf. Your PS5 is in your apartment and PC in your mom's basement. Latter part of course being true. You meet her in your apartment and play CP2077 on your PS5. The next day you invite her in mom's dungeon and play CP on your mega rig.

You'd be watching her with a huge grin on your face expecting her to be mind blown at your PC graphics but the bish will literally not notice a single difference. She'll be like "oh you have two Ps5s? Neat"
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    I just don't see pushing fps beyond a certain point as much of a graphical leap. When I see these badass new GPUs with 50 Tflops or whatever I want to see some really realistic looking games. Nothing comes close right now.

Let's pretend you really had a gf. Your PS5 is in your apartment and PC in your mom's basement. Latter part of course being true. You meet her in your apartment and play CP2077 on your PS5. The next day you invite her in mom's dungeon and play CP on your mega rig.

You'd be watching her with a huge grin on your face expecting her to be mind blown at your PC graphics but the bish will literally not notice a single difference. She'll be like "oh you have two Ps5s? Neat"
    Bro what the fuk are you talking about
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
    not sure where to go with your statements

console players don't only play sports games lmao

and portability has nothing to do with the statements I made regarding the lack of tendency companies to develop engines that creatively use the new tech ceiling...because they are incentivized by the LCD vs nvdia who is incentivized to sell you the most expensive card they can.

apis don't create hardware resources, they only manage them

Gaming is most certainly not api limited....
    No, games are written to APIs. That is the only difference between consoles and PCs now. Apparently the new xbox's use dx12, so really the only difference is between PC/xbox and PS.

Games are made on pc. They have to cut settings for console. Thats really the only difference.

Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    Mhm.
    3060’s aren’t running anything demanding either Lmao.

Not unless it’s 1080p and/or taking some serious hits to quality settings.

Like literally FACTUAL ****ing benchmarks, etc support what I’m saying, but if you’re happy with your 1080ti, that’s cool brah lol.
    I don't have a 3060, I have the same card you claim to own, but yours is somehow magical.

My buddy has a 3060 though, and runs most games at 1440p ultra 90fps. Only difference between his and mine is I get nearly twice the frame rate.

1080ti is still a viable card.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OptimusTrajan View Post
    No, games are written to APIs. That is the only difference between consoles and PCs now. Apparently the new xbox's use dx12, so really the only difference is between PC/xbox and PS.

Games are made on pc. They have to cut settings for console. Thats really the only difference.
    That's my point. That's the current state of gaming when that should not be the case. there are constraints to do with scale of detail that cannot be ported easily. For instance, having a completely open area with buildings/rooms that don't require loading times....but platform A doesn't have the mem bandwidth to support loading assets fast enough so we end up with a different engine scheme than ideal on the much faster platform B, one that ends up requiring loading.

This is absolutely happening....

and hell, 980tis are still viable cards....because there have been so few recent good games IMO.
    F­aggot

OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's my point. That's the current state of gaming when that should not be the case. there are constraints to do with scale of detail that cannot be ported easily. For instance, having a completely open area with buildings/rooms that don't require loading times....but platform A doesn't have the mem bandwidth to support loading assets fast enough so we end up with a different engine scheme than ideal on the much faster platform B, one that ends up requiring loading.

This is absolutely happening....

and hell, 980tis are still viable cards....because there have been so few recent good games IMO.
    Eh, bandwidth is really only a concern at higher resolutions. You see this issue with RDNA2 cards at 1440p and 4k despite their cache. I imagine you will see this issue on these new nvidia cards as well.

We are simply running into the limit of developers imaginations. That, and games that would push the envelope are too risky for the AAA studios, which means innovative games are coming from indies.

980ti is a good card, but its nearly 10 years old. It'll struggle with most things. Still, it'll play most good games at 1080p60.

For me, PC isn't about performance as so much as freedom.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just remember that people will camp out for days just to buy a $1.6k GPU. Then they'll try and convince themselves that it's such a better experience until the sting of falling for the latest tech fomo wears off.

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by WHChampion View Post
    Just remember that people will camp out for days just to buy a $1.6k GPU. Then they'll try and convince themselves that it's such a better experience until the sting of falling for the latest tech fomo wears off.

This reminded me of a video I saw the other day, of some nerds testing the new cards and getting 600 FPS on Overwatch.

Neckbeards will really pay $1600USD+ to get a level of FPS in games way way waaayy beyond what the human eye can see.

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    their profit margin is 30%+

if they wanted to unload, the would just cut prices below msrp

are they doing that?
    Based on the EVGA information dump NVIDIA isn't letting them with the cards below 3080. Some AIBs are bundling with monitors so they can discount without discounting the "card".

AMD doesn't have these hard price floors allowing you to buy a $350 6700xt right now. Hopefully this will chip away NVIDIAs huge market share.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My buddy has a 3060 though, and runs most games at 1440p ultra 90fps. Only difference between his and mine is I get nearly twice the frame rate.
    I guess I need to upgrade to a 3060 then.

Because I play at 1440P and there's a **** load of AAA titles that my 3080 can't come close to 90FPS on without DLSS and/or making some serious adjustments to quality settings.

Guess your friend has a magical 3060 or you and him are both full of ****. I dunno.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Based on the EVGA information dump NVIDIA isn't letting them with the cards below 3080. Some AIBs are bundling with monitors so they can discount without discounting the "card".

AMD doesn't have these hard price floors allowing you to buy a $350 6700xt right now. Hopefully this will chip away NVIDIAs huge market share.
    End of the day, I doubt Nvidia gives a fk how many cards they sell or don't sell. I mean, maybe their ego does, but overall it makes no difference to them. The money they make from selling gaming cards to people like us isn't chit to their overall revenue streams.

Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The 2060 super beats it and is $100 cheaper
    Motorcycle crew
    Army veteran crew
    One Meal a day crew

Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    I guess I need to upgrade to a 3060 then.

Because I play at 1440P and there's a **** load of AAA titles that my 3080 can't come close to 90FPS on without DLSS and/or making some serious adjustments to quality settings.

Guess your friend has a magical 3060 or you and him are both full of ****. I dunno.
    What games? Insurgency Sandstorm and Ready or Not is what I'm talking about.

Maybe you're cpu limited.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

What games? Insurgency Sandstorm and Ready or Not is what I'm talking about.

Maybe you're cpu limited.
    5600X is definitely not the issue lol.

Bruh why are you acting like FACTUAL benchmarks don’t reflect exactly what I’m saying? Lmao
    GPU performance is a matter of fact that we can all look up and see I’m correct. I don’t know why you keep playing these games instead of admitting you’re wrong.
    There’s a metric fkton of games a 3060 can barely eek out 60 on - never mind 90.
    Last edited by R3L3NTL3SS; 09-25-2022 at 06:12 PM.

All 1440P, ultra or high settings, no ray tracing (if titles has it) with a 3060 and 10900K:
    Borderlands 3 - 51FPS
    Control - 55FPS
    AC: Odyssey - 56FPS
    Metro Exodus - 54FPS
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - 40FPS
    Cyberpunk 2077 - 39FPS

I mean I could keep going but I think you get the idea that you’re full of ****. This card absolutely cannot keep up with modern, demanding AAA titles at 1440p. Not without quality settings being turned down significantly. Adding ray tracing isn’t even an option on a 3060 unless the title has DLSS, and even then many games STILL will not hit 60FPS with a 3060.

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kev1972 View Post
    I am thinking you are remembering way wrong.

The 6600 ($229) is about 2% worse than a 2060 Super ($305)
    The 6600 XT ($330) is about 8% better than a 3060 ($370)
    The 6700 XT ($380) is between a 3060TI ($450) and 3070 ($500)
    The 6800 XT ($580) is between the 3080 ($710) and ($830)
    The 6900 XT ($700) is roughly tied with a 3090 ($1000) though you can also get a 3090TI for ($1000)

Numbers are based on 1440p ultra and the best available price in the last 3 days.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...rchy,4388.html
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    This reminded me of a video I saw the other day, of some nerds testing the new cards and getting 600 FPS on Overwatch.

Neckbeards will really pay $1600USD+ to get a level of FPS in games way way waaayy beyond what the human eye can see.
    thats what i'm saying, there are idiots nvidia is catering to with these $900, $1200, and $1600 MSRP that will be $100-$300 higher with AIBs and end up playing CS:GO/Apex Legends/Valorant
    *** Free Thinker Crew ***

*** Herbert The Future GOAT Crew ***

*** HTC ***

chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Every week there's a new thread where console owners argue with high-end PC gamers over pixels.

If you're not the kind of person who appreciates the highest tier of graphical fidelity or the type of person who plays competitive e-sports, then no, it won't matter to you. But stop telling PC gamers there isn't a noticeable difference in graphics or performance just because you're too blind or inept to see it.
    || MFC || C7 Crew || Trance & Techno Crew ||

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
    Every week there's a new thread where console owners argue with high-end PC gamers over pixels.

If you're not the kind of person who appreciates the highest tier of graphical fidelity or the type of person who plays competitive e-sports, then no, it won't matter to you. But stop telling PC gamers there isn't a noticeable difference in graphics or performance just because you're too blind or inept to see it.
    Failure of the education system right here. Nobody said there's no difference, we're saying the difference is far, far less than the money spent on these new cards. Nobody is denying their power but being many times more powerful than a ps5, we should be seeing some remarkable ultra realistic graphics on these computers.

Why don't we see that? Because nobody is making exclusives for 3080 and 4080 owners. Everyone is making sure that console and normal PC plebs (aka most PC players whose systems are weaker than console but they pretend they are in the "master race") can run these games. With console and average PCs being the target demographic, your super cards will never be anywhere near fully utilized other than trying to squeeze out more fps and reflections lol.
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am thinking you are remembering way wrong.

The 6600 ($229) is about 2% worse than a 2060 Super ($305)
    The 6600 XT ($330) is about 8% better than a 3060 ($370)
    The 6700 XT ($380) is between a 3060TI ($450) and 3070 ($500)
    The 6800 XT ($580) is between the 3080 ($710) and ($830)
    The 6900 XT ($700) is roughly tied with a 3090 ($1000) though you can also get a 3090TI for ($1000)

Numbers are based on 1440p ultra and the best available price in the last 3 days.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...rchy,4388.html
    nice

I'd say everything is still overpriced at this point, however. The tech gains have trended like the past while the price has only basically doubled. I'd like to see the 4080ti come in at around ~$750 which means AMD would have to deliver similar performance for less. That may sound insane....but its what we had before covid and mining.

At that point consoles would look stupid, as they should.
    Last edited by rectifryer; 09-26-2022 at 07:09 AM.
    F­aggot

MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bro what?

the 6700xt destroys the 2060
    Future P.A in progress
    We're all gonna make it

sleep tight pupper

Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MiamiLife305 View Post
    bro what?

the 6700xt destroys the 2060
    Motorcycle crew
    Army veteran crew
    One Meal a day crew

DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DigDeeper1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That remix feature on the new 40 series looks tasty and then not enabling DLSS 3.0 on the 30 series is making me lean towards buying a 40 series as I plan on upgrading in December but damn that price point is a joke and the fact that it costs more over here in the UK. £1,679 starting price for the 4090 when it's like $1600 in the US is frustrating.

What are people's thoughts on the upcoming AMD range?

When the rtx4060 is $350 and does 4k/60fps gaming, then we will see pc gaming return as the better all around option. I'm pretty sure nvdia is going to need to revise their pricing next year, so this may happen.

That would basically mean offering the RTX3080's power at a $350 price point....cutting it in half.

However the RX6800xt is just $580 and dropping....and does this already.

Nvdia has some bizarre ass pricing strategy.
    F­aggot

EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hopper will be juicy
    the 5000 series will be priced much better and come with amazing efficiency

This is a filler generation anyways for both amd and nvda. Neither will be very popular
    Nvidia has good saturation with its's 3000 series. most people who were waiting to upgrade already have

Originally Posted by DigDeeper1 View Post
    That remix feature on the new 40 series looks tasty and then not enabling DLSS 3.0 on the 30 series is making me lean towards buying a 40 series as I plan on upgrading in December but damn that price point is a joke and the fact that it costs more over here in the UK. £1,679 starting price for the 4090 when it's like $1600 in the US is frustrating.

What are people's thoughts on the upcoming AMD range?
    All cards will be pricy abroad
    $1 is $1.04 Euro right now. Cant remember the last time the dollar was this strong. At this rate the dollar will have parity with the British pound as well

For me going with AMD is all about getting a deal. This is in the $250-$550 range. But if your willing to dish out $700 plus and you want a top card you might as well go all the way and get an Nvidia card. Especially if you play at 4k, then its a no brainer
    Last edited by EliteBrah; 09-26-2022 at 07:54 AM.

First NEVER use userbench mark for anything serious the tests are not using controls AND are rigged.

The 6700xt is over 48% faster than the 2060 super. You can pull similar data from other bench marks. I used 1440P as it doesn't overly favor AMD (1080P) or favor NVIDIA (4k)

Now if you need RT (IMO not worth the performance hit)

nice

I'd say everything is still overpriced at this point, however. The tech gains have trended like the past while the price has only basically doubled. I'd like to see the 4080ti come in at around ~$750 which means AMD would have to deliver similar performance for less. That may sound insane....but its what we had before covid and mining.

At that point consoles would look stupid, as they should.
    I mean the 4080* came in at $900 and the 4080 came in at $1200. The 4080 TI is going to be $1300+

I knew price hikes were coming, but the fake 4080 (4070) should have been in around $700. Still a 40% jump in MSRP, but justifiable.

As for buying today. The new low to mid tier is still a year out. If I didn't already have my 3070 I would consider a 6700xt at $350.

EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliteBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

very intrigued by this. looks like 8k is a thing now with dlss 3
    I'm only interested if dlss quality is used. If the source material is 4k then the 8k dlss image will be amazing and very convincing.

max settings were used in all these games btw

would need an actual 8k display which is rare, but if the performance is there so will be the demand; 8k displays will come. The future looks bright

PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    built my last setup in November 2020 and paid $5,172.97 for everything including monitors. also went full retard with those ****ty ass Corsair QL120 RGB fans.

Gigabyte GTX 3080 10GB (only one I could find in stock)
    i9-10900k
    Asus Rog Strix Z490-E Mobo
    Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB DDR4-3600
    Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD
    Lian Li PC-O11 ATX
    9x Corsair QL120 fans
    Gigabyte 850W gold psu
    Corsair H150i CPU cooler
    1x Samsung Odyssey G9 49"
    2x Samsung Odyssey G5 27"

just got my Samsung Ark 55" so I'm excited to upgrade the PC. will be going with 0 RGB this time around, and thinking CPU and SSD gains are where I will pick up the most

will be my first time buying an xx90 series card. I've always had xx70 or xx80 but finally have disposable income

interested to see how the AMD CPU's stack up. my guess is that the move will be RTX 4090 + AMD CPU
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬
    **** PC Master Race Crew****
    Misc Photography Crew