oac92020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what is the best approach for someone with 40% body fat??

I am 5.8 tall and weight 270 Lbs I am over 40% body fat, I am trying to figure out what is the best approach to take (beside taking action)

Should I start working on building muscle to burn more calories and fat?
    or
    should I take a different approach on exercise like intense cardio?

then also diet. I know that once I start I will keep going, I do want to build muscle and get cut and at least be able to see my self cut once in my life..

anyways all advice is welcome.

Thanks!

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Put the fork down.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Diet is going to be the most important factor - I recommend reading all the sticky posts in the 'losing fat' and 'nutrition' forums.

Cardio is a good idea for health, but 'intense cardio' isn't necessary. Getting on a good resistance training program will help you to retain and possibly build muscle as you lose weight.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oac92020 View Post
    I know that once I start I will keep going
    If this were absolutely true you wouldn't be where you're at & you'd already have started.

Eat less so you lose weight. Lift weights so you keep muscle as you lose weight. Do cardio for your heart & general health. Do it all in a reasonable, sustainable & consistent fashion that allows you to stay disciplined & motivated for the long run.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oac92020 View Post
    I am 5.8 tall and weight 270 Lbs I am over 40% body fat, I am trying to figure out what is the best approach to take (beside taking action)

Should I start working on building muscle to burn more calories and fat?
    or
    should I take a different approach on exercise like intense cardio?

then also diet. I know that once I start I will keep going, I do want to build muscle and get cut and at least be able to see my self cut once in my life..

anyways all advice is welcome.

Thanks!
    1. Download the cronometer app on your phone.
    https://cronometer.com

2. Read the nutrition stickys on this forum.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

3. Eat less, consistently. Hit your minimum macro requirements for protein, fat, fiber.

4. Take Orange Triad + Greens to hit most of your daily vitamin requirements without overeating. Note, you'll still need some minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron. Most of which you can get from dairy sources and bananas / potatoes.

5. Focus on never cheating on your diet first, then add in low impact cardio for general health. Walking in a pool works well for that. So does using an elliptical. Aim for an hour a day.

6. Once you're not morbidly obese, and you've been consistent for several months consecutively, check out a simple workout program for beginners.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=179232481

Remember, you cannot out exercise a bad diet.

And have patience, it took you years to get that large, it will take a long time to lose that amount of weight.

Good luck!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fix your diet asap. There is more to it but eat less.
    If you do cardio, make it low impact. Carrying a lot of weight is hard on your joints at the best of times.
    Start weight training. And novice program will do.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Making better food choices

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton