Newbie0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down Losing fat & nutrition

Hello everyone,

I just started weight training like a month ago for a body recomposition. I train 4 days a week with splitting upper body and legs with 2 rest days. I also try doing 30 min cardio when i can like 3/4 days a week. I kinda feel a bit stronger already but the problem is with my nutrition.

I’m a woman, i weight 57kg and my height is 158 cm. I dont know my body fat percentage but i have a lot of fat to loose especially in my belly and arms. Before training i was eating arround 1200 calories a day to loose weight. When i looked for my tdee etc i found out i was supposed to eat 1450 calories to do my actual body recomposition.

I’ve been doing this for a month with at least 100g proteins per day and optimal carbs and fat (myfitnesspal). As i find it hard to respect my protein intake i started adding plant based protein powder to my diet.

At the end of the month, i found out i actually gained weight (approximatively 1kg), i feel like i gained fat especially arround my belly, and i ALWAYS feel bloated at anytime of the day, even the mornings and as i always feel full, i’m having trouble eating that much (1400 cal). Before i started training, i used to eat twice a day.

I dont know what to do to loose fat and to feel normal and not bloated all the time, and i dont know if 1450 calories is actually the good amount to eat in my case, as im always full and bloated. Can anybody help me with advice ?
    Thank you !

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you're gaining weight on 1450 calories and you feel full and bloated, of course you should eat less. don't aim for a body recomp if fat loss is your priority

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Newbie0013 View Post
    Before training i was eating arround 1200 calories a day to loose weight. When i looked for my tdee etc i found out i was supposed to eat 1450 calories to do my actual body recomposition.
    Why would you let some random generic calculator trump your actual experience?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Why would you let some random generic calculator trump your actual experience?
    That is exactly why i’m asking for help !
    I cant have a personal coach for now and as i’m just starting advice from more experienced people are welcome 🙏🏼

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    if you're gaining weight on 1450 calories and you feel full and bloated, of course you should eat less. don't aim for a body recomp if fat loss is your priority
    I want to loose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. I dont want to just loose weight so nutrition is an important aspect of the process as i need to eat enough to gain muscle as well

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to loose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. I dont want to just loose weight so nutrition is an important aspect of the process as i need to eat enough to gain muscle as well
    that's the thing, it's easy to be spinning your wheels when you're eating at maintenance. it's possible you won't lose fat or gain any muscle, but of course it's also possible to gain some muscle. i wouldn't count on losing a ton of fat on maintenance though

imo your best bet is to lower your calories and focus on fat loss for now while hoping to gain some muscle in the process, or at least maintain the muscle you currently have. you can build muscle later when you're at a weight that you're satisfied with

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    that's the thing, it's easy to be spinning your wheels when you're eating at maintenance. it's possible you won't lose fat or gain any muscle, but of course it's also possible to gain some muscle. i wouldn't count on losing a ton of fat on maintenance though

imo your best bet is to lower your calories and focus on fat loss for now while hoping to gain some muscle in the process, or at least maintain the muscle you currently have. you can build muscle later when you're at a weight that you're satisfied with
    You’re probably right. I think i’m going to stop counting my calories and just eat healthy in a deficit while weight training, but maintain my protein intake at the maximum. Thank you for your response !

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’re probably right. I think i’m going to stop counting my calories and just eat healthy in a deficit while weight training, but maintain my protein intake at the maximum. Thank you for your response !
    you want to count. Eating healthy whatever that is, is no guarantee of being in a weekly deficit. You need to go back to your previous, lower calorie amount and concentrate on Fatloss. Leave the muscle building until you’ve gotten lean enough for your liking.

You still need to train hard to not lose muscle while dieting down just don’t expect to add any. Maximize protein, train properly and you’ll get what you get. Everyone will have different results
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1450 calories is actually the good amount to eat in my case, as im always full and bloated. Can anybody help me with advice ?
    Thank you !
    I'd make gradual changes. You could cut from 1450 to 1300 and see what happens.

tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think i’m going to stop counting my calories and just eat healthy in a deficit
    How do you know you're in a deficit if you don't count?

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you want to count. Eating healthy whatever that is, is no guarantee of being in a weekly deficit. You need to go back to your previous, lower calorie amount and concentrate on Fatloss. Leave the muscle building until you’ve gotten lean enough for your liking.

You still need to train hard to not lose muscle while dieting down just don’t expect to add any. Maximize protein, train properly and you’ll get what you get. Everyone will have different results
    I just want lean arms and a bigger butt is that too much to ask for 😹 joke aside, yep I will continue doing my best, i find it hard to stay motivated when I don’t see any physical results. I know it’s only been a month but with the amount of exercising I’m doing I was expecting losing at least 1 kg.. or maybe I gained muscle ? Idk

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just want lean arms and a bigger butt is that too much to ask for ������ joke aside, yep I will continue doing my best, i find it hard to stay motivated when I don’t see any physical results. I know it’s only been a month but with the amount of exercising I’m doing I was expecting losing at least 1 kg.. or maybe I gained muscle ? Idk
    Lower your weekly calories a bit. If you have a sedentary lifestyle outside of training you need to increase your steps per day with walking.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by tadpole25 View Post
    How do you know you're in a deficit if you don't count?
    I kind of know myself concerning food.. I’m used to eat in a deficit. Small portions, working out, no junk food...
    I was counting all the time so I guess I know now.
    Plus I also want to keep having a healthy relationship with food, as I have an eating disorder past.
    But decreasing at 1300 is not a bad idea, I will learn what suits me in this (overwhelming but rewarding) process. 🤞🏼

I kind of know myself concerning food.. I’m used to eat in a deficit. Small portions, working out, no junk food...
    I was counting all the time so I guess I know now.
    Plus I also want to keep having a healthy relationship with food, as I have an eating disorder past.
    But decreasing at 1300 is not a bad idea, I will learn what suits me in this (overwhelming but rewarding) process.
    Take in consideration that most people ,no matter how well they think they are counting and tracking weekly calories, are under counting. The weight loss or lack of it makes it very easy to see if you're in a deficit and how much of a deficit you're in.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Take in consideration that most people ,no matter how well they think they are counting and tracking weekly calories, are under counting. The weight loss or lack of it makes it very easy to see if you're in a deficit and how much of a deficit you're in.
    Yes indeed i figured out it was best for me to keep couting. I actually just figured out what was going wrong as well : the myfitnesspal app was giving me the wrong amount of protein for one food that i was eating everyday (chicken breast) so i was eating WAY TOO MUCH of it for lunch + dinner... like i feel so out my mind right now ... i was eating like 3times more protein for all the meals GOSH
    And of course i couldnt understand why i felt better the days i was eating fish and tuna 😭