AnduinX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Simple question about DOMs

Does muscle soreness at rest always indicate injury, or can DOMs hurt at rest as well? I have general soreness in my quads and buttocks that persists even when I'm lying down, following a couple of sets of deep squats I did two days ago. I recently changed my form to work my muscles harder by going all the way down, and by doing the squats very slowly. I would not call the pain severe, but it is annoying.

What I read about the subject online told me that pain at rest is generally more indicative of an injury, but if I press on my quads or buttocks it does not hurt at all. If I get up and walk around, it actually feels better while I am walking. I can move my leg in any direction without any kind of sharp pain. Ex, bringing my knee to my chest, going into a butterfly stretch, or bringing my leg back causes no pain. I have found no motion that causes pain.

Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Too vague.
    Need in person eval.

But yes, DOMS can present as you described for up to 3 days (or more) after routine.
    You have my word as a Schons.

AnduinX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you. If this persists for more than few days I'll certainly get it looked at.