lfrmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squatting with Hallux Rigidus and other Feet Issues

New to lifting and I'm doing Strong Lifts 5x5 but I have several feet issues that I want to sort out while the weight is light. Since it's more than one issue it's been hard to figure out what I need to do, so if anyone has advice on any or all of these issues, or articles and links that show how this should be addressed that would help a ton. The issues are:

- Hallux Rigidus and a dorsal bunions on big toes
    - High arches (so I have high arch inserts for these)
    - Plantar fasciitis

I do some exercises for these issues my doctor recommended, but I don't know how to go about squatting. When I bend over without inserts/shoes I have no balance and all my weight shifts to my heels. Are their shoes that could help? Specific things I can do to focus on? I really want to lift and any advice / videos or articles would help!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn’t assume your balance issues are specifically due to your foot problems as on their own they don’t mean you’d have trouble squatting. Since you’re new to lifting, keep squatting and perfecting your technique, and some of this stuff will likely sort itself out.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would normally put 2 ten pound plates behind me when I squat and place my heels on them. But that was when I was big. I'm just a feeble little old guy now as you can see in my recent avatar.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGriMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wesel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Mark1T: Black Labrador retriever
    Paulinanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wlf

lfrmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I would normally put 2 ten pound plates behind me when I squat and place my heels on them. But that was when I was big. I'm just a feeble little old guy now as you can see in my recent avatar.
    Thanks that helped a ton!