windstrukt1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cable machine selector rod

Hello,

I'm looking to expand the weight stack for one of my cable machines from 20 to 30 holes. I have the extra plates, but just need to purchase a new selector rod. The machine is from Atlantis and they use 1" plates with plastic bushings that extend an extra 1/8" on the top of each plate. In total the holes have to be spaced 1 1/8" apart, rather than the standard 1" that most machines use. Anyone know where I might be able to source one of those? If not available to purchase as is, would getting one machined be my next best course of action? I also have a second spare 20 hole selector rod from them. Technically I could cut the second rod at the 10 hole mark and weld the 2 together, but would that be safe/throw the rod off center?

imgur. com/a/wFlotAR

Thanks

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Atlantis Fitness parts has those rods.
    https://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/index.html

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You probably already know this, but by making weight stacks that high you lose a ton of range on the cable. To the point of not being able to do pushdowns without adding chain... Sometimes better to pin plates to the weight stack...

windstrukt1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    You probably already know this, but by making weight stacks that high you lose a ton of range on the cable. To the point of not being able to do pushdowns without adding chain... Sometimes better to pin plates to the weight stack...
    Thanks for the reply, but unless I'm mistaken the ones listed on Atlantis Fitness are all 1" hole spacing (made for weight plates without the bushing spacers). I did send them a message to see if otherwise but haven't heard back.
    Regarding the range, I'm rigging the weight stack into a Rogue rack which is taller than the original machine to compensate for the range.