Thread: 500lb boomer.

Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50)

500lb boomer.

Sup guys.

6'2" 34 y/o male, current weight is 399 w/ a goal weight of something around 200?

I've always been bigger, though athletic in my teens/early 20s. '08 crash caused me to have to quit school and get a job full time. Slowly started putting weight on from the age of 25-31, then covid really got to me. 16 hours a day of wow classic with unlimited unemployment money + doordash caused me to get to 500lbs. August of 2021 I was laying in my bed, waiting to die, when I decided that it was time to get my **** together. Over the next 10 months i battled with terrible tasteless chicken breast broccoli diet and yoyo'd my way down to 430. June of this year I decided to stop being a retard, get a meal plan that doesn't make me want to delete myself IRL and get onto a regular weight training regimen. I love lifting. I do it 4 days a week, cardio 2-3 times a week.

Just wanted to join the forum maybe poke around while eating meals/relaxing.

The ****ty pic is of me @ 500lbs.

imgur.com/SEeHazj

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would recommend just eating 1 or 2 meals a day that consist only of meat, eggs and as much salad vegetables as you want to eat. A limited number of beans and starchy vegetables like sweet potato should be OK. You probably don't need to count calories doing this and you don't have to always choose boring chicken breast. Just don't eat a whole pork belly every day. Avoid strongly flavoured or sticky sauces which probably have sugar in them. Don't use too much salt, all these things trigger your appetite. You can make stews in a slow cooker - maybe in batches for several days. Don't snack unless it's like carrot or cucumber sticks. Better to not even think about food between meals if at all possible.

Exercise should be whatever you can manage. At this stage, you don't have to do any weights unless you want to. Swimming, incline walking or rowing machines would all be fine.

Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noars will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I would recommend just eating 1 or 2 meals a day that consist only of meat, eggs and as much salad vegetables as you want to eat. A limited number of beans and starchy vegetables like sweet potato should be OK. You probably don't need to count calories doing this and you don't have to always choose boring chicken breast. Just don't eat a whole pork belly every day. Avoid strongly flavoured or sticky sauces which probably have sugar in them. Don't use too much salt, all these things trigger your appetite. You can make stews in a slow cooker - maybe in batches for several days. Don't snack unless it's like carrot or cucumber sticks. Better to not even think about food between meals if at all possible.

Exercise should be whatever you can manage. At this stage, you don't have to do any weights unless you want to. Swimming, incline walking or rowing machines would all be fine.
    Thanks for the feedback! I imagine with how heavy I am any form of exercise is resistance training, however, for a fairly large portion of my life I did a lot of weight training in the gym. I do it because I love it. Generally I split them into chest/back/shoulders/legs, and cardio days are when I work my core.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That sounds fine although I think 'core' work is somewhat of a waste of time. Better to use that time doing something that uses all the largest muscles in your body like the aforementioned cardio activities. Honestly, you probably burn more calories walking than doing crunches and whatnot. If you are doing main compound weight training lifts, that's as much exercise as your core muscles need.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That sounds fine although I think 'core' work is somewhat of a waste of time. Better to use that time doing something that uses all the largest muscles in your body like the aforementioned cardio activities. Honestly, you probably burn more calories walking than doing crunches and whatnot. If you are doing main compound weight training lifts, that's as much exercise as your core muscles need.
    Awesome, great to hear... core workouts were miserable anyways. I figured since I've been sedentary for several years now strengthening my core with planks etc. were required but i do a lot of compound weight lifting so I'll keep it to just that for core for now then. For cardio generally I enjoy stationary bike and walking.