Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sensible weight lose advice and gym programming

Hey all,
    hoping for some advice.

I'm 37, last year I had a total hip replacement which spelled the end of martial arts training for me, and with it any real exercise. I've never really liked the gym for the sake of the gym, i've always needed some form of focus i.e. i'm trying to get fitter so I can be better at martial arts. I know I should be happy with just being fitter but it's just never been enough of a reason to do it.

So i've slumped. Eating too much and nothing to train for so the weight is really just growing and growing.

Things need to change, so i've been trying to find something that I can compete in that makes me want to get fitter - which has brought me to Karting! there's a local track and they have an open Grand prix format. Perfect! i've done Karting a few times but this should tick the competition box nicely, and better than that, every kilo I shift off my fat ass should see gains in speed - so it's win win.

What I need though, and hopefully you lot can help. Is a decent routine/programme. Something to follow when I go to the gym, to stop me just going on any old machine that's available.

Initially I need to shift the weight. Then I can look further into other training, now i've no intentions of going full on racing snake (sorry road cyclists) it's not a physique I'm wanting. But before I can do much else, I need to lose fat.

So that's my focus.

Fat loss but not busting my new hip before it's time!!

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't make much sense what you said. I know a few who had hip replacement, and were running three weeks after the surgery. You sure can do at least stand up boxing or something. If MA is your gig.

Find another excuse.

Secondly. You need "programme" for what? And who is a racing snake? What Galapagos Islands have to do with OV35 forum?

And lastly. If weight loss is your primary goal right now, you should probably terrorize the nutritional section. We aren't losing weight by lifting weights. Honestly, most of us are struggling to gain weight (muscle, eh). So you are totally asking wrong crowd.

Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hudson1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Doesn't make much sense what you said. I know a few who had hip replacement, and were running three weeks after the surgery. You sure can do at least stand up boxing or something. If MA is your gig.

Find another excuse.

Secondly. You need "programme" for what? And who is a racing snake? What Galapagos Islands have to do with OV35 forum?

And lastly. If weight loss is your primary goal right now, you should probably terrorize the nutritional section. We aren't losing weight by lifting weights. Honestly, most of us are struggling to gain weight (muscle, eh). So you are totally asking wrong crowd.
    whoops i'll go back to my cave.

interesting on the running - absolute no no from my surgeon. They're open to most things really but running was clearly stated as too much for the new hip to take. You guys must get better replacements clearly

anyway, wasn't meaning to terrorise, apologies for being in the wrong section i'll just scoot out the door

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IF you just want to get lighter, then I wouldn't lift weights. Eat less and move more by walking, cycling, hiking etc.

bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100)
    My weight went from 50kg to 67kg... I really want to lose weight, but I want to maintain my strength if not getting bigger muscles. I have "normal" bodyfat, so I should be able to get down to low bodyfat. Eating less is so hard though. Especially when you eat 30g proteins 4 times a day.