DrakeTungsten is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Repairing Padding On Pull-Up Bar

I have a pull-ups/dip station on which the padding on the pull-up bar was of sub-optimal length. It is (was) one piece in the center of the bar, but wasn't long enough enough for me to be totally gripping the padding with my hands spaced correctly - I was gripping half pad on the inside of the grip and half naked bar on the outside of the grip. Today I finally decided to try to fix this myself by cutting the padding down the center to spread out the two new halves. But the two halves wouldn't budge, so I then split them both sideways, and then I could slide them to where I wanted them to go. Of course they don't fit as snugly now, and it seems like them rotating while using them is going to be a problem. Is there a recommended tape to wrap around my padding pieces, or any other solution to keep them from rotating? I could remove them, of course, but the bar seems kind of thin without them. Unless thinner is better?

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My pullup bar was hard to grip because it's smooth metal, so I put bicycle handlebar tape on it. Works well and lasts for years.

You could also try some hot glue on your existing pad. The glue will peel off easily enough if it doesn't work. Just don't melt the pad when applying it.

Handlebar tape examples: https://www.jensonusa.com/Handlebar-Tape

DrakeTungsten is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The handlebar tape sounds like a good alternative. Thanks.