JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wrap for curling recommendations?

Hi all. Wow I haven’t been on this site since I was in my 20’s. Now I’m 42 and pretty beat up from training. I’ve recently had to buy some wrist supports and straps for tennis elbow however I have a pain stopping me from curling that I haven’t figured out how to address and I’m hoping my aging lifters can help!

I’ve included a photo showing where this pain is in my right arm. Its directly in the crease of the arm up to the very bottom portion of the bicep. I’ve tried wraps below the crease and up above the crease to no avail. Likely if I wrapped in the crease it could help but hinder curling which is what I want to perform here.

I did go get scans at the ortho first as I didn’t want to mask an injury and they said nothing was broke or torn. The pain makes it hard to believe though that’s for sure.

Any tips, products, product modifications you’ve done etc would be great. I’ve seen bicep/triceps wraps that tighten below and above the crease but stopping the pain in the crease not sure how to do and I’m sure Amazon is getting tired of all my failed attempt returns.

Thanks!

Pic
    ibb.co/CBXwnsz

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure if this will help you or not but here's something that worked for me. I was plagued with tennis and golfers elbow for almost a decade and have been free of it for almost over a decade now. I went to neutral grip for everything (especially pull ups)

I also incorporated fat bar training using fat gripz, Besides strengthening the forearms, the benefit that I found of fat gripz was a more open grip when curling, over time my elbow woes disappeared. If it works for you, it's a relatively cheap fix and a new approach to training. Might be worth a shot.

Elbow issues suck, good luck
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Not sure if this will help you or not but here's something that worked for me. I was plagued with tennis and golfers elbow for almost a decade and have been free of it for almost over a decade now. I went to neutral grip for everything (especially pull ups)

I also incorporated fat bar training using fat gripz, Besides strengthening the forearms, the benefit that I found of fat gripz was a more open grip when curling, over time my elbow woes disappeared. If it works for you, it's a relatively cheap fix and a new approach to training. Might be worth a shot.

Elbow issues suck, good luck
    I will definitely look into this. I keep being told it’s elbo, and while I know that’s technically the elbow, it just doesn’t feel like it. Especially how painful the lower portion of the bicep is and how close to the surface of the crease the other portion of the pain is. Every other portion of the bicep/forearm/elbow feels great. The straps I bought were for tennis and golf elbow depending on where you positioned them, but it doesn’t seem to affect this pain location in anyway.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JynxLee View Post
    I will definitely look into this. I keep being told it’s elbo, and while I know that’s technically the elbow, it just doesn’t feel like it. Especially how painful the lower portion of the bicep is and how close to the surface of the crease the other portion of the pain is. Every other portion of the bicep/forearm/elbow feels great. The straps I bought were for tennis and golf elbow depending on where you positioned them, but it doesn’t seem to affect this pain location in anyway.
    I had both tennis elbow and golfers elbow I never had any bicep pain that I can recall, just bad on the inside and outside of the elbow with some forearm issues. The tighter the grip, like opening a door knob or bottle lid really aggravated my tennis elbow, but not the pain you describe. My sleeping position slowed my healing process also, I never realized it but my arm was hanging over the bed, after I realized it and corrected this my healing went faster.

Have you taken a considerable amount of time off to let it heal? I know it sucks but sometimes working around it doesn't help.

Maybe someone else can chime in, I am sure you aren't the only lifter with an issue like this.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JynxLee View Post
    Sounds like you've tried these, but I've found that the stiffer velcro hook & loop straps that you can tighten around the upper forearm (a little below the elbow) helps when that inner elbow tendon acts up.

As noted above, play with different exercise variations, in terms of width & grip style. Supinated grip will likely aggravate it more than neutral or EZ bar. Also try exercises with a more limited range of motion (e.g., spider curls, drag curls, etc.).