GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Having problems to digest Whey Protein

Hi,

I have been using supplements to get to my daily protein intake. The issue that I have is that after some days of taking the supplement my stomach starts to feel it and I can't take anymore without getting sicker and sicker (stomach pain, very heavy, a lot of gas, and very low energy).
    I get all those symptoms even just by taking 30g a day. I tried different brands, I bought the most expensive one, also I tried isolated protein and after 3-4 days I start to get the symptoms with all of them. Also, I had it with water instead of milk, or early in the morning, or later in the afternoon. The result is always the same.
    One solution would be to replace the supplement with real food. The issue is that I follow a vegetarian diet, so it is quite hard to get to 150/g of protein a day under a veg diet.

Any recommendations regarding protein? Is there a disorder that some people can't break down that amount of protein at once?

Thanks!

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    plant based protein powder is an option
    My secret? Texting between sets.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GonzaloSP View Post
    Any recommendations regarding protein? Is there a disorder that some people can't break down that amount of protein at once?
    You're lactose intolerant, not allergic to protein. Try plant-based, pea, soy, hemp etc. protein powders.

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would agree with what the others have already said. I haven't found a great tasting plant based protein powder but I think axe & sledge may have a new one out maybe.

GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You're lactose intolerant, not allergic to protein. Try plant-based, pea, soy, hemp etc. protein powders.
    I already tried them and have the same result. I tried pea and also soy protein.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have you tried plain protein powder with no added sweeteners or flavours? It could be one of these causing the issue. Also try taking it with other food, not on an empty stomach.

RoadToHero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say go for a soy or plant based, buy small batch though to test which is to your liking as many really tastes bad.. I haven't found a good one yet, though I went back to my ON Gold Whey..

I haven't I will try them next. Do you have issues digesting it on empty stomach? Or, you could have 90g of whey/day without any effect?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Have you tried plain protein powder with no added sweeteners or flavours? It could be one of these causing the issue. Also try taking it with other food, not on an empty stomach.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GonzaloSP View Post
    I haven't I will try them next. Do you have issues digesting it on empty stomach? Or, you could have 90g of whey/day without any effect?
    Most of us enjoy eating food so are unlikely to be taking 90g of whey/day. Even as a vegetarian you can find lots of food sources for your meals (beans, peas, tofu, plant protein enriched pasta, beyond meat burgers/chicken tenders/jerky, peas, etc.). Eggs if that's acceptable to you. Lots of other options but I'm not a vegetarian so listed ones I eat on occasion.

You might want to try that for a while & see if you have any issues digesting high protein meals as opposed to protein powder. Then you'll at least have a starting point to see if you need to see a doc about potential GI issues affecting protein digestion.

Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try this one with water should be fine https://eu.shop.bodybuilding.com/pro...uid=DYM1930132

RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500)
    Try Guava empty stomach