sharknaro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

neck pain caused after bench skullcrusher movement

Hi everyone, I was pressing my head to the bench without realizing it during the skull crusher movement. During one of my training, I got sudden pain in my neck, which I can describe as stabbing by a knife. Now every time I train, I get a stiff neck that lasts for weeks with an electric shock effect every time I try to turn my head, or even to move my head up the pillow when I sleep. Today (after 7 years), I tried to train squats with a somewhat heavyweight (70 kg), however, I found myself again in the same situation. The doctors say it is muscle related, however, knowing the feeling of muscle soreness, I consider this pain close to neuropathic. Hence, I wanted to ask:

Is it possible I forced my spine fluid to bulge out when I pressed my head to the bench during the skull crusher exercise?

In advance, thanks for the help

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Probably just a minor muscle spasm. It means your neck and upper trap muscles are tight and poorly conditioned, maybe you had some DOMS from a previous exercise that contributed. The answer is to train the problematic muscle. I like full ROM overhead shrugs where you really focus on articulating your scapulae up and down as far as they will go smoothly. You can also do reverse flys or facepulls. If you have a head forward posture, retrain it over time. For example, when driving, make sure your chin is down but your head touches the headrest.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Probably just a minor muscle spasm.
    Sounds accurate, although I think OP prefers to be more dramatic.

Originally Posted by sharknaro View Post
    I got sudden pain in my neck, which I can describe as stabbing by a knife. ... Is it possible I forced my spine fluid to bulge out when I pressed my head to the bench during the skull crusher exercise?