Doronxld7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Change RDL to conv. deadlift

Hey there,
    I am training with this program for few months now (cutting).
    I would like to know if it is possible to change the RDL to deadlift and maybe add hamstring exercise or even add the deadlift to the program as it.

If so, what should I do?
    1. Should I add as it? (which day if so?)
    2. Should I change the RDL to deadlift and add another exercise to hamstrings?

Any help would be grateful!

Can't add picture so that's the program, 4 days upper / lower:
    Upper 1:
    - Bench press
    - Bent over
    - Seated shoulder press
    - Lat pulldown
    - Low cable flyes
    - Dumbbell curls
    - Cable kickbacks triceps
    - Cable face pulls

Lower 1:
    - Squats
    - Walking lunges
    - Lying hamstring curls
    - Stand calf raises
    - Lower back extension
    - Abs

Upper 2:
    - Pull ups
    - Incline dumbbell bench
    - Barbel push press
    - Cable lat pullover
    - EZ bar bicep curls
    - Triceps pulldown

Lower 2:
    - Leg press
    - RDL
    - Shrugs
    - Leg extension
    - Seated calf raises
    - Abs

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean you could, but why would you want to?

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no problem switching RDL to conventional deadlift - and you wouldn't need to add or change anything else.
    Email to chat about programming or anything training related : FurtadoZ9@outlook.com

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I mean you could, but why would you want to?
    Basically due to my desire to lift heavier to be honest.. nothing else

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go for it!
    Conv deadlifts are great.

Just put it BEFORE leg press on that day.

You can consider any big hip Hinge for that slot tho really.
    Conv stance
    Sumo stance
    Regular
    Block
    Defecit
    Good morning
    Rdl
    Sldl
    In hand
    Chain/band
    Tempo
    Pause
    Tng
    Belt/no belt
    Hyper
    Barbell
    Trap bar

Its basically all small differences and ratios and 'feels'.
    A very grey subject, no black & white.
    Do what you enjoy. Will stick with and feels good.

You must test, track and find out for your self what works best.

For me, i can hammer sumo deads day in, day out..
    Many will says its rep4rep inferior? Quite possible depending on the alternative.
    But I can do way more volume without getting beaten up and my log doesn't lie that when its in my programming... Rate of gain is superior.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 08-17-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by FurtadoZ9 View Post
    There's no problem switching RDL to conventional deadlift - and you wouldn't need to add or change anything else.
    Thank you for the comment.
    Any suggestion what I should do according to the program I posted?
    like I can think of 2 options..
    1. Move the RDL to the first lower day, after squat for 3 sets on 12 reps + add deadlift to the second lower day.
    2. Just switch the RDL with deadlift

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Doronxld7 View Post
    Thank you for the comment.
    Any suggestion what I should do according to the program I posted?
    like I can think of 2 options..
    1. Move the RDL to the first lower day, after squat for 3 sets on 12 reps + add deadlift to the second lower day.
    2. Just switch the RDL with deadlift
    It doesn't matter, just don't get locked into the idea that you have to keep the rest of your program as is. If you want to prioritize DL, you can make other changes.

If your goal is to DL heavy, you'll need to be more thoughtful about how you go about it in terms of volume, intensity, frequency - straight sets may not be the most productive.

The most important tip mentioned above is to do it before leg press, even if you just "switch it" from RDL.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It doesn't matter, just don't get locked into the idea that you have to keep the rest of your program as is. If you want to prioritize DL, you can make other changes.

If your goal is to DL heavy, you'll need to be more thoughtful about how you go about it in terms of volume, intensity, frequency - straight sets may not be the most productive.

The most important tip mentioned above is to do it before leg press, even if you just "switch it" from RDL.
    Thank you, I already moved it and did today (lower 2).
    Did deadlift first exercise, before leg press.

And about reps, any recommendation?
    RDL so far I did 3x8, I'm thinking to higher it to 3x10 (after squat).

And for deadlift I did today 3x5, should I do 3 sets with the same weight or increase each set and final one with the highest weight?
    I do warmup for each compound exercise with 1-2 lighter weight set.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Doronxld7 View Post
    Thank you, I already moved it and did today (lower 2).
    Did deadlift first exercise, before leg press.

And about reps, any recommendation?
    RDL so far I did 3x8, I'm thinking to higher it to 3x10 (after squat).

And for deadlift I did today 3x5, should I do 3 sets with the same weight or increase each set and final one with the highest weight?
    I do warmup for each compound exercise with 1-2 lighter weight set.
    For RDL 3x8, 3x10 is all fine as long as the weight is progressing over time.

For DL there's not a right or wrong way either. If you want to do 3x5 you could increase weight on each set, in that case it's prob better to think of each set more in terms of planned intensity (RPE/% of max/etc.) than weight. You could also increase each set's intensity over a cycle, or change the rep scheme, but really whatever works for you. You could keep things simpler too if you want.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    RDL is a great way to get your form on point for conventional deadlift. I wish I'd started there. If you've been doing RDL for a while and it's going well, there's no harm in switching. I've been doing 5-3-1 for a bit and enjoying it but there are plenty of options.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/5-...pure-strength/