dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help finding a piece of equipment

Recently I was training with some equipment out of state and I absolutely loved it for my home gym but can't seem to find it anywhere online. I also can't seem to come up with the right search terms. Hoping someone can help identify it.

Essentially they are like 2 rigs that sit on the ground and allow the barbell to sit (at a myraid of levels) in between them. With a curved barbell for example its an excellent way to do bench with safety and add weight and the need to stabalize to the movement , it can also be used to make deadlifts or bent over rows safer but for the life of me I can't come up with terms to find it on an internet search. The barbell is attached to the two arms and you lift the arms as part of the exercise along with the barbel

Any help on a name or key words would help. Thanks

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe what you're describing is a 'Smith Machine' or 'Smith Rack'.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dallaslbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sadly its not the smith. The Rig that the bar affixes to is actually used WITH the bar and weights. (added weight) but then rests on the ground after use.

Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    I believe what you're describing is a 'Smith Machine' or 'Smith Rack'.
    finally found it Its called a "launch pad"

thanks!

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Never heard of it. Post a link if you could..

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty sure it's this, based upon how it was described in the OP: https://www.rep-strength.com/
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's kind of neat. The problems I see are starting squats from down low and the chance of the weights bouncing back into you if dropped from up high. Costs as much as a budget rack that would be way more versatile, but it does save space.