SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements for age 35 to 50 old noob

What supplements should us old people take besides a cheap generic vitamin?

Is there better vitamins?

What other supplements should we take?
    Especially for an old noob

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food

dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Iron, ZMA, 1 multi, Vit D, Vit C (to keep well), Garlic for pre-workout, and L-Carnitine post workout.

SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Food
    Food is not a supplement

Plus I have very little appetite to eat food
    Maybe it's the meds on I
    I eat like once a day. I know that's problem.

I should be eating 6 meals snacks a day

I'm going to get my testosterone tested because I think I ight have an issue. No libido iS ZEROr 6 years and ED

I haven't even had a regular check up in years

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SwoleToronto View Post
    Food is not a supplement
    Yes, but that's the starting point. When choosing supplements, you start by looking at your diet/nutrition & health and then figure out where you may be deficient or have a specific need.

Plus I have very little appetite to eat food
    Maybe it's the meds on I
    I eat like once a day. I know that's problem.

I should be eating 6 meals snacks a day

I'm going to get my testosterone tested because I think I ight have an issue. No libido iS ZEROr 6 years and ED

I haven't even had a regular check up in years
    Well this would've been good to put in your original post since I didn't notice all your duplicate threads in the Supplements section beforehand.

A checkup & bloodwork would be a good idea since you don't eat much, have ED & take meds since you likely have deficiencies and other concerns. You don't want to just pop supplements for testosterone/libido or anything else without seeing a doctor since they may interfere with your meds & your condition could just as much be a result of poor nutrition as low T levels.

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Yes, but that's the starting point. When choosing supplements, you start by looking at your diet/nutrition & health and then figure out where you may be deficient or have a specific need.

Well this would've been good to post in your original post since I didn't notice all your duplicate supplement threads in the Supplements section beforehand.

A checkup & bloodwork would be a good idea since you don't eat much, have ED & take meds since you likely have deficiencies and other concerns. You don't want to just pop supplements for testosterone/libido without seeing a doctor since they may interfere with your meds & your condition could just as much as a result of poor nutrition as low T levels.

Strong this. Get a full checkup and then address concerns accordingly. Otherwise you’ll just be stumbling through the dark and guessing.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

Old men supplement

Originally Posted by dcourson View Post
    Iron, ZMA, 1 multi, Vit D, Vit C (to keep well), Garlic for pre-workout, and L-Carnitine post workout.
    Thanks for encouraging information keep ot company and explain what they do how take it

weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for a new lifter, there is no need for supplements. It is more of a mental psychological placebo effect, "I am doing everything I can" kind. Supps might be of a benefit after you spent considerable time lifting, achieved certain level of fitness, and got stuck. And then, when you are upping your everything, volume, intensity etc, trying to break through the plateau, this is when you MIGHT need supps. And even then, the best supps you use, will only take you another 10% further, and only while you are using them. This is where your genetic limit is. Right now supps are a waste of money. I am sure you are hearing different, but consider the source and keep a tighter grip on your valet.

Gandog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gandog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gandog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein and Kreatine (probably spelt wrong??).. Multi Vitamins cant hurt as well though..

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need any 'supplements' if you just eat properly. The only thing I take is Creatine.

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What supplements should us old people take besides a cheap generic vitamin? Is there better vitamins? What other supplements should we take? Especially for an old noob
    Personally, I don't take a multivitamin as I have never gotten much from them and the science on them is iffy but I do take the following:

1. Creatine ~5g/day (best ergogenic aid on the market)
    2. Protein Powder ~45g (Whey for me and I usually make one shake per day)
    2. Caffeine (love my coffee)
    3. Fish oil ~2g of EPA/DHA (definitely notice when I am not taking it; achy, poor sleep)
    4. Vit D 5000IU (I test very low if I don't take this)
    5. Psyllium Husk (Fiber = Good)
    6. Pre Workout (Only on weight training days and I use one scoop of Legion Pulse)

For reference, I am 51 and have been consistently working out over the last 4-5 years. I try to workout 3X per week but sometimes life gets in the way. My goal is/was to get my bench, squat and deadlift to 3, 4 and 5 plate totals respectively. I am there on bench (355lbs) and squat (435lbs) and closing in on deads (465lbs).
    Last edited by Leprechuan71; 09-03-2022 at 09:25 AM.