itsnottme22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Feedback on my Intermediate program would be great

Hey, I do the following program 6 times a week and alternate between the workouts, for example Workout A - B - C - D - A - B - Rest day - C ----

Workout A:
    Rows - 4x8
    Incline Dumbbell - 4x10
    Bar Curls - 2x12
    Lateral Raises - 3x12
    Wrist Curl - 2x15
    Kickbacks - 2x12
    Bar Shrugs - 2x12

Workout B:
    Front Squat - 4x12
    Seated Calf - 4x20
    Single Leg Deadlift - 4x12
    Crunches - 2x20
    Reverse Crunches - 2x20

Workout C:
    Bench Press - 4x8
    Pull ups - 4x10
    Lateral Raises - 3x12
    Reverse Wrist Curl - 2x15
    Bar Curls - 2x12
    Face pulls - 3x12
    Skull Crushers - 2x12

Workout D:
    Romanian Deadlift - 4x8
    Standing Calf - 4x20
    Split Squat - 4x12
    Reverse Crunches - 2x20
    Crunches - 2x20

I recently added Face pulls and increased Lateral Raises sets to not have a lagging muscle. Is there anything I am missing? Only thing I can think of is lower chest, but I don't see programs working it much.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by itsnottme22; 08-16-2022 at 09:21 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're an intermediate, your own critique/comments (re: volume, frequency, exercises, progress) from running your program are the most useful for both yourself & for others to give you specific feedback. After all, it's an ULULUL you customized for yourself.

If you're happy with your progress & lifts, keep doing it. If not, do something else.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're an intermediate, your own critique/comments (re: volume, frequency, exercises, progress) from running your program are the most useful for both yourself & for others to give you specific feedback. After all, it's an ULULUL you customized for yourself.

If you're happy with your progress & lifts, keep doing it. If not, do something else.
    Thanks for the reply, I am good with the frequency and exercises. Strength progress is slow but I am satisfied with hypertrophy.
    I am mostly wondering if any of the volume/exercises are not needed, and/or if any muscles need more volume or added exercises.
    For example, I assume Face pulls are needed to work the rear delts, but is that too much volume for the middle traps?
    Another example, are 9 sets targeting the middle delts (Lateral Raises) enough per week?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by itsnottme22 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I am good with the frequency and exercises. Strength progress is slow but I am satisfied with hypertrophy.
    I am mostly wondering if any of the volume/exercises are not needed, and/or if any muscles need more volume or added exercises.
    For example, I assume Face pulls are needed to work the rear delts, but is that too much volume for the middle traps?
    Another example, are 9 sets targeting the middle delts (Lateral Raises) enough per week?
    Face pulls are a good exercise but aren't "needed" for rear delts & isn't a middle trap isolation regardless.

Lateral delts are one of the smallest muscles on your body, so not sure how much more than 9 sets of isolations you'd do for them.

As I hinted at earlier, what's needed is based on your current level of development, past training methods, how you respond & your overall preferences/goals - not everyone is the same. As an intermediate, you'd know better than anyone else what's "needed" or is "enough" for you personally.

In all honesty, from looking at your exercise selection/order & overall program, and your Qs above & in the original post, it doesn't seem like an "intermediate" program. You seem to be focusing on "doing stuff" rather than progressing, but it's your workout so do what you feel works best for you.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It looks very unfocused. With the exercise selection, bias towards isolations and variations that are hard to load, lack of frequency with each exercise, sets and reps, I'm not surprised strength progress is slow. But if you're happy with the results, carry on.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doesn't really square with either a strength or hypertrophy program. Could be organized into a decent hypertrophic program if you focused on the muscle being worked, and hitting the big muscle groups 3 times per week if you are a natty. Rather see people actually practicing the big lifts, which could be used in either a strength of hypertrophy program. Don't see any ohp.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It looks very unfocused. With the exercise selection, bias towards isolations and variations that are hard to load, lack of frequency with each exercise, sets and reps, I'm not surprised strength progress is slow. But if you're happy with the results, carry on.
    Is low volume per session a big problem even though volume per major muscle groups is 12 sets per week?
    Instead of all the isolation exercises, what compound exercises would you suggest instead?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey, I do the following program 6 times a week and alternate between the workouts, for example Workout A - B - C - D - A - B - Rest day - C ----

Workout A:
    Rows - 4x8
    Incline Dumbbell - 4x10
    Bar Curls - 2x12
    Lateral Raises - 3x12
    Wrist Curl - 2x15
    Kickbacks - 2x12
    Bar Shrugs - 2x12

Workout B:
    Front Squat - 4x12
    Seated Calf - 4x20
    Single Leg Deadlift - 4x12
    Crunches - 2x20
    Reverse Crunches - 2x20

Workout C:
    Bench Press - 4x8
    Pull ups - 4x10
    Lateral Raises - 3x12
    Reverse Wrist Curl - 2x15
    Bar Curls - 2x12
    Face pulls - 3x12
    Skull Crushers - 2x12

Workout D:
    Romanian Deadlift - 4x8
    Standing Calf - 4x20
    Split Squat - 4x12
    Reverse Crunches - 2x20
    Crunches - 2x20

I recently added Face pulls and increased Lateral Raises sets to not have a lagging muscle. Is there anything I am missing? Only thing I can think of is lower chest, but I don't see programs working it much.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Feedback. I wouldn’t train with you. Just being bluntly honest that this is not at all what I’d consider effective programming.

Why do you need workout A, B, C, D?

Seems like a lot of fluff and light on good solid basics.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is low volume per session a big problem even though volume per major muscle groups is 12 sets per week?
    I didn't say anything about the volume.

Instead of all the isolation exercises, what compound exercises would you suggest instead?
    It's not a simple thing to just swap things in and out. I'm not sure what your goal is looking at that routine.

I didn't say anything about the volume.
    I misunderstood what you meant by frequency.

It's not a simple thing to just swap things in and out. I'm not sure what your goal is looking at that routine.
    My goal is hypertrophy and some strength would be nice as well.
    My program is similar to most other 4 day split programs (I am not able to post any links, sadly) but just stretched into 6 days with some added isolation. I am lowering daily frequency (and going with 6 days) for now to make cutting easier.
    Last edited by itsnottme22; 08-16-2022 at 05:19 PM.

I misunderstood what you meant by frequency.

My goal is hypertrophy and some strength would be nice as well.
    My program is similar to most other 4 day split programs (I am not able to post any links, sadly) but just stretched into 6 days with some added isolation. I am lowering daily frequency (and going with 6 days) for now to make cutting easier.
    From your OP, it doesn't appear that you stretched a 4-day into 6 days. You repeat days. And you compound that by adding isolations.

You also don't know what is meant by frequency.
    Last edited by TolerantLactose; 08-16-2022 at 05:52 PM.