Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    calf of peace Schnitzl's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Posts: 13,986
    Rep Power: 134529
    Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Schnitzl is offline

    Hot takes on the misc

    Share your hot takes. Mine is very recent and it's:

    Leon Edwards hasn't really beaten anyone significant in their prime and Usman will dominate him.

    Who has he really fought that stands up to Usman's resume?

    Diaz on his way out
    RDA in 2019 who was on a bad streak since 2017 and not his best
    Split decision with Nelson who is top 10-15 material tops
    Cerrone who has 1-4 before fighting him
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 12,385
    Rep Power: 85308
    Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    It's funny because my hot take is the complete opposite of yours. I think Usman (while a great fighter) gets more credit than he deserves (GOAT talk), based off his record. It's probably fair to start his "run" at the RDA fight.

    RDA - blown up 155er
    Woodley - washed and was the start of a 4 fight skid to retirement
    Colby 1 - arguably lost 3 rounds and got a questionable stoppage in the 5th
    Masvidal - media hype job, was never elite, the first fight was pretty pathetic from Usman (crotch sniffing for 25 mins)
    Burns - got rocked and lost the first round, didn't really look that good until the stoppage
    Colby 2 - another very close fight, but he did win this one fairly

    So I'd say 4 out of his last 7 fights (RDA, Woodley, Mas x2) have not been impressive at all. Possibly 5 if you think Colby won 3 rounds and the stoppage was early (I do).

    The thing he does have is big power. It's the only thing that sets him apart from Colby, and it won him both fights.

    Usman's two biggest attributes are his power and cardio (but who was EPO). He is as fresh in the 5th as he is in the 1st. Shouldn't be possible with how much muscle he carries. And if he lands clean, his opponent is either going down or they will take major damage. He's an interesting fighter to watch because he doesn't really look impressive but his physical attributes and power make him extremely hard to fight.

    Regarding Leon, I give him a decent chance for a few reasons. Usman has bad knees. He's always wearing those braces in training and I don't think he trains much wrestling at all anymore, mostly because of the knees, but also because he has fallen in love with striking. That's a problem against Leon because he is a better striker. He has also improved his TDD and ground game significantly since the first fight. If Usman can't or won't wrestle, I think he loses. Usman is also starting to get old in fighter years. It gets everyone in the end and most of the time it feels like it happens overnight.

    If we see a vintage Usman, and he can use his wrestling, I don't think Leon has much of a chance. I just have a feeling this won't be the case tho.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Banned OneLegSquats's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    Age: 52
    Posts: 8,537
    Rep Power: 0
    OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OneLegSquats has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OneLegSquats is offline
    Luke will get KO'd
    Toss up for the Leon fight, if he loses it will be a very competitive loss, more so than any of Usmans previous fights, but I can see Leon winning
    Aldo will win
    Week after, Gane will win a boring decision.
    No idea on Rob Vs Vettori tbh, seem very evenly matched.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    MEAN TWEETS -100% PepperedAngus's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: United States
    Posts: 17,456
    Rep Power: 234053
    PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    PepperedAngus is offline
    My hot take is rockhold is delusional and likely has brain damage. This is his most recent quote when asked about Bo Nikals wrestling:

    “It’s different, you know. It’s different. Wrestling is … you know, you can go so far until you run into the likes of me."

    the likes of him...lmao this guy.
    For every man, there is a sentence, a string of words, that has the power to destroy him
    "The strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must" -Thucydides
    Shall not be Infringed. FUK CHINA.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Barteh's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: -, -, Netherlands
    Age: 32
    Posts: 7,138
    Rep Power: 55614
    Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Barteh is offline
    Khabib isn't even in the top 10 GOAT list. Don't think it should even be a hot take but it seems like a lot of people have them in their top 3 or even at 1. Which is completely ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 12,385
    Rep Power: 85308
    Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    My hot take is rockhold is delusional and likely has brain damage. This is his most recent quote when asked about Bo Nikals wrestling:

    “It’s different, you know. It’s different. Wrestling is … you know, you can go so far until you run into the likes of me."

    the likes of him...lmao this guy.
    I agree with him here actually. MMA isn't a wrestling match. Luke has some of the best MMA grappling I've ever seen (when he actually uses it). Also gym stories/footage. He's an absolute beast. I think he would fuk Bo Nickal up in every area of a fight. That's not a knock on Bo, he's only had 2 fkin fights.

    This quote is more annoying because it shows Luke's weird ego and utter inability to give anyone else props. Just say the kid looks good and move on. Proclaiming that you would be a problem for a guy with 2 fights is weird and just shows how socially retarded he is. As if we needed any more proof.

    If you really dislike Luke though, make sure you tune in to his fight with Costa. He's probably getting rekt.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User nikeoneplatinum's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Age: 38
    Posts: 4,129
    Rep Power: 17656
    nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nikeoneplatinum is offline
    Leon Edwards beats Kamaru Usman.
    Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, anytime spent not bulking or cutting is a waste of time.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User akmerle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 44
    Posts: 1,127
    Rep Power: 12004
    akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    akmerle is offline
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    It's funny because my hot take is the complete opposite of yours. I think Usman (while a great fighter) gets more credit than he deserves (GOAT talk), based off his record. It's probably fair to start his "run" at the RDA fight.

    RDA - blown up 155er
    Woodley - washed and was the start of a 4 fight skid to retirement
    Colby 1 - arguably lost 3 rounds and got a questionable stoppage in the 5th
    Masvidal - media hype job, was never elite, the first fight was pretty pathetic from Usman (crotch sniffing for 25 mins)
    Burns - got rocked and lost the first round, didn't really look that good until the stoppage
    Colby 2 - another very close fight, but he did win this one fairly

    So I'd say 4 out of his last 7 fights (RDA, Woodley, Mas x2) have not been impressive at all. Possibly 5 if you think Colby won 3 rounds and the stoppage was early (I do).

    The thing he does have is big power. It's the only thing that sets him apart from Colby, and it won him both fights.

    Usman's two biggest attributes are his power and cardio (but who was EPO). He is as fresh in the 5th as he is in the 1st. Shouldn't be possible with how much muscle he carries. And if he lands clean, his opponent is either going down or they will take major damage. He's an interesting fighter to watch because he doesn't really look impressive but his physical attributes and power make him extremely hard to fight.

    Regarding Leon, I give him a decent chance for a few reasons. Usman has bad knees. He's always wearing those braces in training and I don't think he trains much wrestling at all anymore, mostly because of the knees, but also because he has fallen in love with striking. That's a problem against Leon because he is a better striker. He has also improved his TDD and ground game significantly since the first fight. If Usman can't or won't wrestle, I think he loses. Usman is also starting to get old in fighter years. It gets everyone in the end and most of the time it feels like it happens overnight.

    If we see a vintage Usman, and he can use his wrestling, I don't think Leon has much of a chance. I just have a feeling this won't be the case tho.
    Lol, how are you going to look at Usman thru such a negative lens, and then look at Edwards with such rose colored glasses?

    Usman has GREATLY improved his striking since Woodley, and no way is pillow handed Edwards a better striker than Usman now. Usman's boxing is very solid, and he actually has KO power.

    Usman's resume is comically more impressive than Edwards. Where is a single impressive win for Edwards, a split decision against Nelson 3.5 years ago when Nelson is 2-3 the last 5+ years? Let alone a win over a top 5 guy. Both Colby and Burns beat the brakes off Edwards.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 12,385
    Rep Power: 85308
    Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gainzzz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    Lol, how are you going to look at Usman thru such a negative lens, and then look at Edwards with such rose colored glasses?

    Usman has GREATLY improved his striking since Woodley, and no way is pillow handed Edwards a better striker than Usman now. Usman's boxing is very solid, and he actually has KO power.

    Usman's resume is comically more impressive than Edwards. Where is a single impressive win for Edwards, a split decision against Nelson 3.5 years ago when Nelson is 2-3 the last 5+ years? Let alone a win over a top 5 guy. Both Colby and Burns beat the brakes off Edwards.
    I didn't say Leon has a better record or anything like that. I wasn't comparing their records. I didn't actually say much about Leon, other than that he's a better striker, which I think most people agree with. It is more to do with styles and Usman possibly starting to slow down due to age/knee issues. Read the last sentence of the post.

    Usman is not a "good" striker. He is stiff af. He has decent basics but his power is the real weapon. He plods forward and throws. It's so effective because he is relentless, doesn't have to worry about anyone taking him down, can threaten the takedown himself, and he has that power. Leon is easily a better technical striker than Usman. The fact that he doesn't carry much power is irrelevant. If Usman tries to have a kickboxing match, he's probably not going to win.

    There is no negative lens. It's just the way I see his record and this fight. What is impressive about beating Woodley (at the end of his career), RDA, and Masvidal? They look good on paper because they are all big names but look at it objectively. Colby and Burns are good wins.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Barteh's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: -, -, Netherlands
    Age: 32
    Posts: 7,138
    Rep Power: 55614
    Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Barteh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Barteh is offline
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    I didn't say Leon has a better record or anything like that. I wasn't comparing their records. I didn't actually say much about Leon, other than that he's a better striker, which I think most people agree with. It is more to do with styles and Usman possibly starting to slow down due to age/knee issues. Read the last sentence of the post.

    Usman is not a "good" striker. He is stiff af. He has decent basics but his power is the real weapon. He plods forward and throws. It's so effective because he is relentless, doesn't have to worry about anyone taking him down, can threaten the takedown himself, and he has that power. Leon is easily a better technical striker than Usman. The fact that he doesn't carry much power is irrelevant. If Usman tries to have a kickboxing match, he's probably not going to win.

    There is no negative lens. It's just the way I see his record and this fight. What is impressive about beating Woodley (at the end of his career), RDA, and Masvidal? They look good on paper because they are all big names but look at it objectively. Colby and Burns are good wins.
    The reason why Usman would probably win a "striking" match in MMA is because he'd only mix in the clinch or a few (un)successful takedown attempts to get the edge. Pure kickboxing with small gloves OneFC style Edwards would most likely take it for sure. Usman is just very complete and his strong points compliment each other well.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Cartiac's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Posts: 826
    Rep Power: 6598
    Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000) Cartiac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cartiac is offline
    Hot take! Edwards has got to give good head. Fight 2 top 10 opponents your whole career have 1 fight against Nate Diaz in the last 3 years = ranked #2 and title shot. In that same 3 years Belal Muhammad beats Damien Maia, Stephen Thompson, Vicente Luque, and fights another top 10 opponent this weekend = ranked #5 no chance at title shot.

    This is probably the biggest mismatched title fight in years. Usman has already manhandled Edwards years ago and Usman has gotten significantly better since then especially in his striking while Edwards has not, he is the same fighter he was in 2015. Usman has won 3 of his 5 title defenses by KO, more KO's as a champ than Edwards' entire UFC career also making those 5 title defenses during the same last 3 year period Edwards fought once against a bum. What a qualified opponent.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    calf of peace Schnitzl's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Posts: 13,986
    Rep Power: 134529
    Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Schnitzl is offline
    Another hot take. Rockhold is actually a legit contender for the belt if he shows up like old times. He was always a freak athlete with a well-rounded skillset. I wouldn't be surprised if he subs Henrique
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    WOATbrah of peace :) sooby's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 31,964
    Rep Power: 187036
    sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sooby is offline
    I don't think the Edwards take in the OP was that much of a hot take. His strongest wins are vs RDA who's a 155er or a tweener at best. Undersized for the WW class. And Vicente Luque before he became actually good, who is now on a skid/downturn. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't much of an accomplishment not to mention he almost got knocked tf out. Yeah he was piece-ing up Belal but does anyone honestly think Belal is a contender? Who the fuk has he fought?

    Leon Edwards is clearly a great fighter, probably has some of the best kickboxing in that division not to mention length, and is a well-rounded fighter. I think a fight vs Colby, Burns or Chimaev would be highly competitive as he has the striking edge over them. But he might be "chinny".

    Not sure if this is a hot take but I think Usman will run right through Edwards srs. He's going to get knocked tf out. I think Kamaru's threat to wrestle will loom large in his head. Not to mention one punch and it's lights out for him. Look how he utterly destroyed Burns and Masvidal, both guys who are considered durable fighters. Unless somehow Kamaru ages rapidly in that fight and injuries catch up with him. Kamaru doesn't have a lot of fighting years left. Probably 3 fights at most including this Leon fight if that. He should go to boxing afterwards srs.

    Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
    Another hot take. Rockhold is actually a legit contender for the belt if he shows up like old times. He was always a freak athlete with a well-rounded skillset. I wouldn't be surprised if he subs Henrique
    Rockhold for sure has the skills the be a top contender. size, top tier ground and pound, grappling and submissions. great kicking game. just has very average boxing, terrible striking defense, and apparently a terrible chin lmao judging from the last two fights. He hasn't fought in awhile. The thing with Rockhold is that it doesn't matter if he looks amazing for 24 minutes when he has a good chance of getting knocked tf out at any moment because of a surprise punch or he just gets lazy with his defense because of his tendency to keep his hands down and lunging attacks.

    Fighters have to be delusional to a degree but the guy is wayyy to cocky and arrogant and it seems like he underestimates his opponents and his ability to have his lights turned off. Not sure if it's his way to get himself hyped for a fight but the guy has a very autistic personality.
    Last edited by sooby; 08-18-2022 at 09:12 PM.
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so fuk it crew
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts