Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Best protein absorbing practices?

Lets go into a dream world for a moment. *cue sparkly dream sounds*

"Lets say you have unlimited time to work out and unlimited protein powder, your also eating a meal/dinner a day and multivitamins to get your 100% ratios in."

So in this scenario, google says you can absorb around 10g/hour protein, or 20-25g/2hour

So this means, in theory, your body cannot absorb anymore than 240g in a 24/hour period?

Alternatively that would be 120g over a 12/h period? Since most of us sleep this seems like a better number to work with.

At 90kg of at least 1.7g protein per pound to gain muscle would be somewhere around 153g protein... So I would need to absorb that protein for 15h+ than?

If I can't absorb anymore than 25g in 2 hours, what if I drink a 100g shake, will that now cover me for 8h, or am I consuming too much in too short of a time and if I want to absorb more I'll need to consume more later in like 2 or 4 hours without getting the full 8h?

How much working out do you need to do in order to absorb 10g/hour continuously? In this scenario would you want to also be working out every hour or two in order to keep repairing your muscles in order to absorb protein and grow muscle? How much does bcaa's or other things come into effect for recovery time between workouts or absorption?

This scenario is pretty much true, I have 5x 11lb impact whey bags from myprotein cuz it went on sale and I didnt wana get bored of flavors. I normally eat a good meal for dinner with rice, pasta or potato's with meat of some kind and sauce. I also have found myself with alot of time where I am stuck near a computer but I could easily be working out too between tasks, but I'm wondering if I should be doing it more often than I am or more spread out or what.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not just about absorption rates, there is also the muscle full effect to consider. It takes around 4 hours for a protein synthesis cycle in response to sufficient leucine to complete.

https://www.nutritiontactics.com/mea...ein-synthesis/

There are also practical considerations like getting up in the night to take protein - if this messes with the quality of your sleep, it probably isn't worth it. Same goes for digesting food at night, if your blood sugar is all over the place, that can disrupt your sleep too.

In my view, if you are getting 4 or 5 widely spaced protein feedings of at least 25g each day, you are already as close to optimal as it's worth getting.

Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoilus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's not just about absorption rates, there is also the muscle full effect to consider. It takes around 4 hours for a protein synthesis cycle in response to sufficient leucine to complete.

There are also practical considerations like getting up in the night to take protein - if this messes with the quality of your sleep, it probably isn't worth it. Same goes for digesting food at night, if your blood sugar is all over the place, that can disrupt your sleep too.

In my view, if you are getting 4 or 5 widely spaced protein feedings of at least 25g each day, you are already as close to optimal as it's worth getting.
    I mean at 4x 25g thats 100g so I would need at least 50g out of the meal I was eating to hit everything.. but I'm more curious if there are ways to push beyond this without getting into increased nitrogen levels of wasted protein.

When it says more/less aggressive like this, surely nutrition has a large factor in this not just working out hard.
    ..... apparently I cant post links or images cuz I dont have 50 posts so... cant even show you.. But on the aggressive scale its like halfway between middle and aggressive to give me:
    "ON NOV 15, 2022 YOU COULD BE:
    199.8 LBS. & 8% BF
    WITH A TOTAL CHANGE OF:
    26.4 LBS. GAINED & 6.8% BF LOST"

26p in a few months sounds great to me, but since I'm using the aggression scale a lil, wouldn't I than have to do more than average, maybe increase protein ratio or how often I work out? I'm gaining around 1lb of muscle every week or two, so I feel like I need to change something to increase this cuz my bmr says I should be eating around 1817cals/daily but I'm consuming almost twice that, my morning shake alone is around 1k-1500 cals but I do consume it faster than 8h so its not very spread out, thats whats triggered most of this thought process.

Thanks for the link btw, this looks like a good read, I'll get into it tomorrow.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That 25g is a floor - you can go over and IIRC there is some evidence that full body training requires more.

So hit your daily requirement of 1.4-1.6g per kg of lean body mass in 4-5 feedings

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best protein absorbing practice is to stop worrying about insignificant minutiae and eat 3 or 4 meals per day spaced apart in way that is convenient for you.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    The best protein absorbing practice is to stop worrying about insignificant minutiae and eat 3 or 4 meals per day spaced apart in way that is convenient for you.
    It's odd how people spend so much time researching every way to maximize gains that involve everything except lifting hard.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the per minute absorption rate?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's odd how people spend so much time researching every way to maximize gains that involve everything except lifting hard.
    I think the issue is more I don't want to be constantly sore chasing gains if I'm overdoing it more than the protein can absorb into me. Killing yourself for no reason seems stupid if I could alternatively be working less hard, but more spread out throughout the day to get better results, it would reduce impact on my joints to work lighter more often for just one big thing I have on my mind.

I'm 34, not some young 18 year old, I'm pushing through a lifetime of injuries, alot of them from playing football in my youth.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What's the per minute absorption rate?

This is a good question, I'm not sure, but the math is 10 divided by 60 is 0.17 and 25 divided by 120 would be 0.21

Is this reality? I donno. But according to this math it would take you 5-6 mins to absorb one gram of protein.