hjwkoasdwaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question i need some advice

as a teenager, i havent been happy with my physique lately (137lbs M13 5'7) so i dropped 7 pounds in 2 months eating from 13-1500 calories per day usually (i would have dropped more but i went on a vacation for 1wk) but ive been doing reading on how it's not good to cut calories as a teen. if i want to lean out (ideally 125ish lbs) while not stunting my growth, what do i do? i've not even really been all that hungry especially on the days i work out so often i have to go out of my way to go above 1200 kcal sometimes. advice on dropping weight as a teen?
    on my cut ive been eating around 0.8g of protein per pound of lean body mass, taking in plenty of healthy mono/polyunsat fats and minimizing trans fats, keeping good cholesterol through hdl in eggs (1-2 eggs per day) and overall just eating nutrient dense foods.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As someone who is 13 years old you should NOT be restricting calories, especially at your size. Stop trying to drop weight when you just entered your prime growing years.

Eat right and start doing some sort of strength/resistance training sometime soon.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I agree with the above OP. It will be muscle gained that most impacts your physique when you are older. You will look better in clothes and find it much easier to maintain leanness rather than trying to be a scarecrow that loses any tiny amount of definition every time you eat something.

DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanielfDias is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hjwkoasdwaa View Post
    as a teenager, i havent been happy with my physique lately (137lbs M13 5'7) so i dropped 7 pounds in 2 months eating from 13-1500 calories per day usually (i would have dropped more but i went on a vacation for 1wk) but ive been doing reading on how it's not good to cut calories as a teen. if i want to lean out (ideally 125ish lbs) while not stunting my growth, what do i do? i've not even really been all that hungry especially on the days i work out so often i have to go out of my way to go above 1200 kcal sometimes. advice on dropping weight as a teen?
    on my cut ive been eating around 0.8g of protein per pound of lean body mass, taking in plenty of healthy mono/polyunsat fats and minimizing trans fats, keeping good cholesterol through hdl in eggs (1-2 eggs per day) and overall just eating nutrient dense foods.
    In your position I would do maintenance, or slightly 200 calories above your maintenance. As you're a teenager you are in your best years to grow, don't drop any weight. In your first year you will be capable of gaining muscle and lose any excessive fat.

Originally Posted by DanielfDias View Post
    In your position I would do maintenance, or slightly 200 calories above your maintenance. As you're a teenager you are in your best years to grow, don't drop any weight. In your first year you will be capable of gaining muscle and lose any excessive fat.
    thanks and sorry for the late response, but i started watching what i eat and when i was at a goal of 1500 calories i rarely reached that except on vacation, and now im going for 2350 (slight surplus) and i just cant pack in the calories especially with school and everything ive started to just not feel hungry very much and i have a hard time reaching my calorie goal

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    As someone who is 13 years old you should NOT be restricting calories, especially at your size. Stop trying to drop weight when you just entered your prime growing years.

Eat right and start doing some sort of strength/resistance training sometime soon.
    i forgot to add that i have a decent workout routine for around 5 days a week hitting chest+triceps sunday, biceps+brachialis+forearms monday, shoulders tuesday, rest wednesday, back thursday, and legs + abs friday
    ive been eating more (1700+ calories/day) and im sitting at 129 pounds 5'8 or 5'9 but i still look fat and have visible man breasts which i am very insecure about which is one of the reasons why i started working out
    apparently my maintenance calories are around 1650 but my daily energy expenditure is about 2350 which is a TON of calories for me to reach without overloading on processed foods/sugars/fats.
    appreciate the advice!

yeahdaboys is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i forgot to add that i have a decent workout routine for around 5 days a week hitting chest+triceps sunday, biceps+brachialis+forearms monday, shoulders tuesday, rest wednesday, back thursday, and legs + abs friday
    ive been eating more (1700+ calories/day) and im sitting at 129 pounds 5'8 or 5'9 but i still look fat and have visible man breasts which i am very insecure about which is one of the reasons why i started working out
    apparently my maintenance calories are around 1650 but my daily energy expenditure is about 2350 which is a TON of calories for me to reach without overloading on processed foods/sugars/fats.
    appreciate the advice!
    The 'skinny fat' look comes from not having enough muscle mass to support your bodyfat percentage, so you probably shouldn't cut yet. I would say eat at maintenance calories or 200-300 more on a proper lean bulk to gain the appropriate muscle mass, then cut down later if you want to. You are at the most vital stage for growing, so make sure you are eating enough. A great video for advice is by a YouTuber called Hamza, titled: YOU NEED TO BULK: Why you DONT Deserve a CUT | Hamza Ahmed (I can't post links yet, sorry).
    Most importantly, stay consistent.
    Good luck!

Mach1969 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you’re fat lose it until you get to a fat percentage you like. I would recommend 12-15% bodyfat