mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000) mixitup1 is a complete loser! (-2000)

How much weight to use for each set?

Hi All,

I have started to follow a routine for many of my exercises where I do 4 sets, 12,10,8 and 6 reps and I increase the weight each set with the last set of 6 reps being the max weight I can lift for that exercise, and try to go to maybe 7 reps.

My question for those who uses similar approach is... what % of your max weight would you attribute to the first 3 sets?

Thanks
    Nic

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is a lot of individual variation but you can get an estimate using a 1RM calculator

https://calculate1rm.com/

For example, if 10 reps with 100 gives a 1RM of 133:
    then 6 reps with 115 is roughly equivalent (134)

but you also have fatigue from one set to the next to take into account.

Essentially, it doesn't really matter - what matters is how many sets you do and how close each set comes to the point of failure. I prefer to train to an RPE rather than a set number of reps.