CvBBcom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Near blackout during military press

Made an account so I could see if anyone in the community has heard of/experienced this issue. I’ve worked out regularly for the past 20+ years; always incorporated military press. I’d say in the last three years I’ve had this issue. Usually after the third rep I literally start blacking out. Vision starts to go dark, brain gets fuzzy, and I almost pass out. I can set the bar back on the rack until I regain myself, usually about 5 seconds, and then I can continue without issue. However, I am sure that if I did not set the bar down at that point that I would fully faint/lose consciousness. Anyone?

No issues with any other lifts.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It has happened to me too. Probably bloodflow to the head - perhaps something pinching in the neck area. I like to use high rep overhead shrugs to exercise the area. You can also do facepulls or reverse flys to help too. General steady state cardio might help with opening up blood vessels too

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CvBBcom View Post
    Made an account so I could see if anyone in the community has heard of/experienced this issue. I’ve worked out regularly for the past 20+ years; always incorporated military press. I’d say in the last three years I’ve had this issue. Usually after the third rep I literally start blacking out. Vision starts to go dark, brain gets fuzzy, and I almost pass out. I can set the bar back on the rack until I regain myself, usually about 5 seconds, and then I can continue without issue. However, I am sure that if I did not set the bar down at that point that I would fully faint/lose consciousness. Anyone?

No issues with any other lifts.
    When you do OHP is it the first exercise you do in the workout, and if so, has that always been the case in the last 3 years when this has been happening?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Same thing happens to me after months long breaks from deadlifting. It passes after some time getting back into it. You might want to check for blood pressure issues if it started happening out of the blue.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
    Unknown

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Often see it when people fill their cheeks with air trying to brace..

Probably the most common lift I see it happen with next to deads
    FMH crew - Couch.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strange that the two lifts representing (generally) the lightest and heaviest compound movements are each separately responsible for this in multiple people...
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Michael Hutchence from the band INXS died from this. We used to play his bands music at keg parties in our townhouse at college. Went through 3 kegs and a party ball at our biggest party.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For refinery contractors.

Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah actually similar happened to me doing curls standing with cable machine. And having starting lifting again after years of not.

But I also have high BP. I stopped lifting again because of it. Scary feeling. I need to lose the weight and get a normal BP first. I was also taking water pills too so maybe that’s why dunno.