olalonzoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Bored out of my mind at the gym...

Hi everyone, new here. I haven't worked out in like 10years and decided to start again. I used to work out with a friend back in the days but I don't have anyone to work out anymore and am bored out of my mind at the gym.

My biggest problem is I feel bored really easily when my mind isn't simulated. I know it's the same for everyone but I feel like it's affecting me more than the average person.

Whenever I am in line somewhere or waiting for someone, I have to read a book/news/etc.

Similarly, I feel working out doesnt simulate my mind. Let's be honest, the movements are pretty repetitive...

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and how do you overcome the boredom. I've been thinking of maybe trying to listen to audiobooks or interviews/lectures on YouTube while working out?

Cheers

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Earbuds? Music in earbuds. I actually listen to sports talk radio and am thoroughly entertained while working out...

intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by olalonzoo View Post
    Hi everyone, new here. I haven't worked out in like 10years and decided to start again. I used to work out with a friend back in the days but I don't have anyone to work out anymore and am bored out of my mind at the gym.

My biggest problem is I feel bored really easily when my mind isn't simulated. I know it's the same for everyone but I feel like it's affecting me more than the average person.

Whenever I am in line somewhere or waiting for someone, I have to read a book/news/etc.

Similarly, I feel working out doesnt simulate my mind. Let's be honest, the movements are pretty repetitive...

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and how do you overcome the boredom. I've been thinking of maybe trying to listen to audiobooks or interviews/lectures on YouTube while working out?

Cheers
    Podcast about something stimulating like business, history, or heavy metal work for me