dailandemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Preventing Injuries at the Gym

Hello people,
    Got a few questions, I have been going to the gym for about 8 months give or take. I hit with everything at the start till I had a back injury that really messed me up for about a week. I looked into on how to recover and heal it and it worked pretty fast, 2 weeks after that I was back in the gym with no pain, I started to worry more about form and being more careful of all the weight im lifting, but recently I busted my wrist and palm while benching, I bended my wrist a bit too much and now I have some serious pain in my palm, some on my upper wrist and a bit on my small and ring finger, and its been a week already since it happened and I dont see it improving.

Was wondering for people who had this injury, what did you do to recover from this? also any wrist braces that can also help recover and not get injured again.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In addition to proper form and braces, look into your programming if you want to prevent injuries. Too much, too heavy & too often often are the underlying problems.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Work on your form. The bar should be sitting in the heels of your hand and wouldn't cause your wrists to extend.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You need to give your body time to get used to the unusual loads that you are placing on it. I picked up a lot of injuries when I first started too because I kept wanting to jump up to maximum weight, maximum effort on everything. But a more sensible strategy is to ramp up slowly over time - both from an injury prevention AND a long term progress point of view. This is why programs liek Fierce 5 have you starting low and slowly increasing.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes let the muscle breakdown come more subtly over the course of the workout.

dailandemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I most of the time go heavy 6-8 reps, I know this injury was caused by bad form on a benchpress, but what ticks me is that is taking quite long to heal, It's improving, mind you, but the last time I went to the gym was quite hard to do some exercises because they depend on my grip and hurts like a mf sometimes.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be sensible with workload.
    Take what weight you have not what you want.
    Don't fall over or have high velocities incidents.

Win.

Form for injury reduction? Over rated as ****.
    From lifting weights the injury rates are 4in100hours training. Straight facts.

-getting sore or beat up is part of the game, not injury.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.