difardifar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is Arnold's extreme volume program worth it?

It's basically

Chest, Back, Legs

Arms & Shoulders

Chest, Back, Legs

Arms & Shoulders

and so on.

The reason i want to do it is because i'm trying to use a program that puts more emphasis on my upper body, as my lower body is sooo overdeveloped in comparision, due to them being my genetic strongpoint and they really are a bit too big compared to my upperbody.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [x] Doubt
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go for it and check back with your results!

Most people on here will tell you it's too much, but I'm curious about that one myself and I'd be interested to see what kind of progress you make.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Maybe just do an upper body program? I see a lot of people at the gym that do this.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A pro bodybuilder would do well with it

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In a word, no.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food for thought for everyone else. Most likely/presumably Arnold was natural for quite some time well into his "advanced lifter" status, so it stands to reason that his "blueprint for mass" speaks from the vantage of knowing what works for a natty.

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's something of a flag when someone approaches program selection with the premise that a body part is too big or too strong.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think he ran reg parks full body programs when he was natty. So… before age 16? Lol

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    I think he ran reg parks full body programs when he was natty. So… before age 16? Lol
    People really underestimate when he started juicing. Big time.

Dude was on the sauce in his late teens.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    People really underestimate when he started juicing. Big time.

Dude was on the sauce in his late teens.
    I read an original '70s copy of Education of a Bodybuilder. He straight up mentions one of his earliest "friends" in bodybuilding being an MD who used to lift outdoors in the Austrian Alps with him. I can only speculate on the sort of medicinal help such a doctor could have given him, but it is entirely possible it was all kosher until he started with the Olympia title. Who knows for sure?

Either way... Arnold is GOAT.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Volume needed is something that is individual to a person. If you do volume training, I think you develop a tolerance for it and have to keep doing it. Which is fine if you have a lot of time to train but I prefer to avoid developing that tolerance myself.

Sineda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by difardifar View Post
    It's basically

Chest, Back, Legs

Arms & Shoulders

Chest, Back, Legs

Arms & Shoulders

and so on.

The reason i want to do it is because i'm trying to use a program that puts more emphasis on my upper body, as my lower body is sooo overdeveloped in comparision, due to them being my genetic strongpoint and they really are a bit too big compared to my upperbody.
    I used this workput plan back when SuperPump 250 was still for sale in the UK. IIRC I lasted 4 weeks max before switching back and only did 4 rounds a week. The workout was good to shock muscles but you'll get exhausted very quickly and fatigue will follow.

dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Food for thought for everyone else. Most likely/presumably Arnold was natural for quite some time well into his "advanced lifter" status, so it stands to reason that his "blueprint for mass" speaks from the vantage of knowing what works for a natty.
    I doubt it, steroids were even more common back then as there was zero regulation and not nearly as much social pressure against using them.

Most of his programs only work because of all the juice he was taking in. Regular folks would have trouble recovering.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Arnold would cycle through this. He didn't work out this way year round. He'd go from working a muscle 2 time a week to 3 times.

He would jump from a

Push/Pull/leg to a
    modified Push/pull. He would rotate the quad and the hamstring within the Push/Pull.

I actually believe this would be okay for a Natty to do for a 6 week period. Arnold would take some sets to failure, which I don't think a Natty should do. The frequency would be the most important thing, not the total destruction of the muscle. This would definitely add mass.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Arnold lived in countries where he could buy steroids, diuretics, and meth over the counter. The only limitation would have been price. He would have had the advantage of perpetual high free testosterone, so he could take the level of destruction much higher than a natty could.

Originally Posted by Sineda View Post
    I used this workput plan back when SuperPump 250 was still for sale in the UK. IIRC I lasted 4 weeks max before switching back and only did 4 rounds a week. The workout was good to shock muscles but you'll get exhausted very quickly and fatigue will follow.
    Electrocuting your muscles sounds dangerous

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Electrocuting your muscles sounds dangerous
    #tens-unit
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

What's this about electrocuting your unit?

dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcourson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pondman View Post
    Arnold lived in countries where he could buy steroids, diuretics, and meth over the counter. The only limitation would have been price. He would have had the advantage of perpetual high free testosterone, so he could take the level of destruction much higher than a natty could.
    Back in the 60s/70s/80s/ you could do that in the USA. Steroids weren't illegal until the early 90s and it was a typical BS law IMO.