LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nutrition Reference Guide

Hello all. I’m currently doing a 6 month suspension training (e.g. TRX) workout program to build self-discipline and workout habit before entering the gym. It is 4 workouts a week: push, pull, legs, abs/core. I recently decided to pair this with a nutrition program. I’m using a macro proportion of 50/30/10-20 carbs/protein/fats @ 4 meals a day not including pre-workout or post-workout shakes. I’m 5’6” @160. I’m on month 5 and I have only been logging food for about two weeks. I work full time and have 4 kids under 10. One thing I need is convenience. My question is do any of y’all have or create a nutrition guide to help with fast macro info. when creating meals? I have found some expensive options online but for now I have just been writing down the macros for food I come across as I use them and order groceries in a journal. This will take time to develop a thorough list but it beats getting on the phone and looking this up every time. Some of you might say “it is on the package!” This is true, but not for fruits and vegetables and leftovers. Also, I grow a lot of my own food and hunt some so those don’t come with packages. I’m interested to see how everyone goes about this.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LoganAY View Post
    Hello all. I’m currently doing a 6 month suspension training (e.g. TRX) workout program to build self-discipline and workout habit before entering the gym. It is 4 workouts a week: push, pull, legs, abs/core. I recently decided to pair this with a nutrition program. I’m using a macro proportion of 50/30/10-20 carbs/protein/fats @ 4 meals a day not including pre-workout or post-workout shakes. I’m 5’6” @160. I’m on month 5 and I have only been logging food for about two weeks. I work full time and have 4 kids under 10. One thing I need is convenience. My question is do any of y’all have or create a nutrition guide to help with fast macro info. when creating meals? I have found some expensive options online but for now I have just been writing down the macros for food I come across as I use them and order groceries in a journal. This will take time to develop a thorough list but it beats getting on the phone and looking this up every time. Some of you might say “it is on the package!” This is true, but not for fruits and vegetables and leftovers. Also, I grow a lot of my own food and hunt some so those don’t come with packages. I’m interested to see how everyone goes about this.
    Not really. At first its a bit of work etc. but after some time you get to learn to eyeball portion sizes of certain things you eat the most and realize some things don’t really matter. Like non-starchy veggies etc. after a while you see trends like ok x number of eggs and skme aots for breakfast, a chicken breast with sauce and some veggies for lunch etc.

Like any kind or ethnicity of food a chicken breast is going to be the meat with some sauce.

Once you realize that the most important thing is consistency, the numbers don’t really matter. Its kind of a big facade anyways.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m using a macro proportion of 50/30/10-20 carbs/protein/fats
    One thing I need is convenience
    i can tell you this is not it. just eat a minimum of 0.7g of protein & 0.4g of fat per pound of bodyweight, then fill the rest with whatever. no point in stressing over macro ratios since they don't provide any additional benefit

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I put the calorie and protein content of foods I commonly eat on a spreadsheet. So most of the time, all I need to do is fill in the amounts and I can work out a days intake in a matter of seconds. It need not be arduous. You can add fat content too since there is a minimum level of that as mentioned - but I usually choose foods that have enough fat which is why I don't include it.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoganAY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i can tell you this is not it. just eat a minimum of 0.7g of protein & 0.4g of fat per pound of bodyweight, then fill the rest with whatever. no point in stressing over macro ratios since they don't provide any additional benefit
    So I understand minimums, but why would there not be a target or goal amount and why no maximums? One thing I constantly come across is not overeating and not too much fat. Or are you saying shoot for .7 and .4 and try to get as close to that without going under?

Also, what is your reference for how/why macro ratios provide no additional benefit? Are you saying that there is no difference in benefit for a 50/30/10 vs. a 40/40/20 or are you saying implementing a macro ratio goal in a nutrition plan in general provides no benefit? I have read the benefits of macro ratios but would love to read a counterargument just to get both perspectives.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So I understand minimums, but why would there not be a target or goal amount and why no maximums? One thing I constantly come across is not overeating and not too much fat. Or are you saying shoot for .7 and .4 and try to get as close to that without going under?

Also, what is your reference for how/why macro ratios provide no additional benefit? Are you saying that there is no difference in benefit for a 50/30/10 vs. a 40/40/20 or are you saying implementing a macro ratio goal in a nutrition plan in general provides no benefit? I have read the benefits of macro ratios but would love to read a counterargument just to get both perspectives.
    There's no maximum because once your energy and micro/macro nutrient needs are met, calories and macros become discretionary... you can fill them in however you want.

Ratios like you mention are completely subjective.

Some people love high carb... some people like more fat... it's up to you.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    cronometer.com
    Thanks. I figured there is an app. for this.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    There's no maximum because once your energy and micro/macro nutrient needs are met, calories and macros become discretionary... you can fill them in however you want.

Ratios like you mention are completely subjective.

Some people love high carb... some people like more fat... it's up to you.
    I see. So once the goals are met, essentially self-control and preference kicks in. Self-control to not over-indulge and preference to adjust based on how your body responds and your ability to meet your specific program/body goals. That makes sense.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see. So once the goals are met, essentially self-control and preference kicks in. Self-control to not over-indulge and preference to adjust based on how your body responds and your ability to meet your specific program/body goals. That makes sense.
    I mean, I guess that's one way to put it... I don't think it's really that sensitive that you have to exercise a crazy amount of 'self-control'... just make reasonable choices.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"