Registered User reasonabled0ubt's Avatar
    reasonabled0ubt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many reps should I do for these beginner exercises?

I am very weak through years of sitting around without proper exercise. I want to start doing V-ups, bicycles, pull ups (negatives as I am too weak atm for proper pull ups), wide push ups and kettlebell squats. I can do all of these at home. I can add in others later but I have started with these just for now. My question is: how many reps of each should I do per day? Do I need rest days if I am using my own body weight (+ only a 8kg kettlebell)? I was recommended to do 50 wide push ups each day but is this wise? I did some and my pecs were sore the next day, of course this is expected as a beginner with very little upper body strength but should I do them every other day or is every day ok?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    As many as it takes to come close to the point of failure. In fact first time you do a set, do it to complete failure so you know where that is because many people stop too soon.

You can use the number of sets to control the total workload. You probably don't need to do more than 1 or 2 in each exercise initially.