pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need the Right Program

I've been lifting for awhile but feel like I've never done things right since I haven't seen great results. There is a lot to blame and diet was one of them but I've never been on a proven program and had to modified ones to work with my equipment. In the past I'd either over train, not following any plan and not being consentient. I took a month off to reset and restart so I want to get it right, I've done my nutrition homework so now it's the routine. I'm not sure what program I should be going by and have always been confused by different information like are you suppose work each muscle group twice a week or is once enough, does that mean for example full arm day twice a week or do I just need to be doing lets say arm curls and a triceps movement twice a week for 3 to 4 sets for example. Should I be doing a 3 to 4 day program that only is hitting 1 or 2 muscles group a workout or should I be doing a upper/lower split, push pull split and so on. Rep range is another that has confused me and have always aimed for 8 reps for most movements but recently started going lighter and higher reps. I push as close to failure as I can with all my sets but find the higher reps harder to determine failure.

I'm limited to my home equipment which includes dumbbells and barbells with plenty of weight, power rack, pull up bar, and obviously a bench. I also have a cable type machine I made for triceps. I'll be 40 this month and I'm 6 foot, 155lbs. I consider myself a shinny fat as I have slight belly fat and the rest of me is thin. My goal is aesthetics well getting stronger is great I want to look better after being skinny my whole life.

I want to commit to the the right program and see it out and don't want to pick a bad one.
    Last edited by pasty64; 08-07-2022 at 03:54 PM.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made my best gains with twice a week frequency. Fierce 5 upper lower was my favorite but there are many options. I currently run the LULPP template. If I had to start over id literally just run though fierce 5 novice to advanced programs. That’s my Preference though. My friends who did the once per week split were never able to keep up with me and I’ve seen so many fail with that style of training I never suggest it tbh. A workout routine.com is also a great source of info.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-...rkout-routine/

https://jcdfitness.com/2009/01/lyle-...lking-routine/

Another proven routine ^^
    Last edited by TAWS6; 08-07-2022 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added intermediate program

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pasty64 View Post
    I've never done things right since I haven't seen great results. There is a lot to blame and diet was one of them... In the past I'd either over train, not following any plan and not being consentient.
    If you fix the above & follow any halfway decent program, you'll see results. Lift consistently, give a full effort, eat towards your specific goals, and give it time. Don't worry about finding the one "right program".

pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pasty64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I forgot to mention part of the reason why I ran the standard 3 or 4 day focusing on muscle groups each workout was because Saturday and Sunday are my best workout days where time isn't a factor and I could do workouts two days in a row. During the week I'm already up at 6 and in the evenings I have some kids to focus on so I don't have a ton of free time during the week the week. 30 to 45 minutes work outs during the week were best for me while the weekend I could give way more time to it. But if giving that up is best I am willing to find the time.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pasty64 View Post
    I forgot to mention part of the reason why I ran the standard 3 or 4 day focusing on muscle groups each workout was because Saturday and Sunday are my best workout days where time isn't a factor and I could do workouts two days in a row. During the week I'm already up at 6 and in the evenings I have some kids to focus on so I don't have a ton of free time during the week the week. 30 to 45 minutes work outs during the week were best for me while the weekend I could give way more time to it. But if giving that up is best I am willing to find the time.
    You can do plenty of programs with your preferred schedule, even if you need to make slight adjustments to volume between weekdays/weekends. Don't fall back on the common excuse of thinking your life is so much busier & more complicated than people who workout consistently.

Even a bro split done consistently with proper nutrition yields results.