Thread: Need Advice

dnats86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Advice

Hey y'all

I've been self conscious about my pec size for probably 20 years now. I feel my pecs are far bigger and overworked than the rest of my upper body, it started in college when I began a pushup regiment but that was the only exercise I did, I probably did 100 pushups a day. I'd love some advice on what I could do to balance out my physique!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't see it myself but we all have a touch of body dysmorphia. You more you look in the mirror, the worse it becomes.

The obvious answer is to train your whole body. Do you have a current routine that does that? Losing fat can also balance out the physique because it can sometimes be down to the genetics of fat distribution.

Thank you for your reply. I agree and I look in the mirror far too often, many times each day analyzing my body. I can't say I have a current routine, it's not very structured at least. I work from home and try to get in 45 minutes of physical activity every morning through a combination of yoga, stationary bike, jogging and lifting. When I say lifting I mean using a sand bag ,kettlebell and pullup bar for various exercises. I have tried recently to focus more on back exercises in an attempt to balance out my chest but that was very recently. Any recommendations for a full body routine? I can do my own research as well.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't see it myself but we all have a touch of body dysmorphia. You more you look in the mirror, the worse it becomes.

The obvious answer is to train your whole body. Do you have a current routine that does that? Losing fat can also balance out the physique because it can sometimes be down to the genetics of fat distribution.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try to get a barbell as a minimum level of equipment. If you have the space, a full power rack with pullup bar and bench is ideal.

If not, pick something for all major bodyparts from this:
    https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

Excellent excellent article. Thank you for sharing! I have 8 foot ceilings so I wonder if a barbell would be doable with the weights on the end, but could possibly do anything overhead in the garage or work the shoulders another way.

8ft sounds plenty but you can always use lower diameter plates. Not many people end up repping OHP with 20kg plates each side... You can also do it seated if needed

LancelotNL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dnats86 View Post
    Excellent excellent article. Thank you for sharing! I have 8 foot ceilings so I wonder if a barbell would be doable with the weights on the end, but could possibly do anything overhead in the garage or work the shoulders another way.
    My ceilings (in the basement) are 7 feet 2 inches, approx. I do OHP seated, but I would be able to do them standing at 8 feet (I am 6feet1inch)