ramizwebti is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Modify Coolcicada's PPL program?

Hey So I've just started Coolcicada's PPL program and there are some parts I want to change. I want to focus as much as possible on hypotrophy, so would it be ok to drop the weights and add more reps for some of the exercises? I want to make all of the exercises fall between 10-15 reps since that is my sweet spot. Or would that be ruining the program? I also want to add more chest exercises. My primary concern is diminishing the effectiveness of this program. For reference, I am M18; 5'11; 165 lbs; ~15% BF; currently on a clean bulk.

Here is the program (copied from Coolcicada's post):

6-day PPL split

You can run it as PPL[rest]PPL or PPLPPL[rest]

You can run it back to back as long as you continue to make progress

The general exercises are as follows:

Push Day (shoulders/triceps/chest)

bench press: 3×5

overhead press: 3×5

incline bench press: 3×5

dumbbell side lateral raise: 3×10-12

tricep pushdowns: 3×10-12

overhead dumbbell extension: 3×10-12

shrugs: 3×10-12

Pull Day (back/biceps)

[optional] deadlifts: 1×5

barbell rows: 3×5

lat pulldowns: 3×8-10

seated rows: 3×8-10

facepulls: 3×10-12

barbell bicep curls: 4×10-12

alternate bicep curl: 3×10-12

Leg Day (quadriceps, hamstrings, calves)

squats: 4×5-6

leg press: 3×8-10

leg extensions: 3×10-12

hamstring curls: 3×10-12

standing calf raises: 5×10-12

LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clean bulk is a misnomer
    Why on earth would you want to add more chest exercises? More does not mean better
    If the compounds are set in the 5 rep range, run it for a bit and see what happens - higher reps are not the deciding factor in muscle growth
    RAW DOG CREW LIEUTENANT

UTERUS ASSASSIN CREW
    GETTING FUKED BY ME IS LIKE GETTING FISTED CREW
    RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE CREW
    GREAT BALLS OF FIRE WAS WRITTEN ABOUT MY SYPHILIS CREW
    ENTJ KINGS CREW
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER CREW
    EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF CREW

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don’t add anything. It’s already a high volume program. If anything I’d drop a pressing lift lol

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Don’t add anything. It’s already a high volume program. If anything I’d drop a pressing lift lol
    This. Preferably the flat or OHP, but definitely keep an incline movement. Can’t really go wrong with incline barbell and flat dumbbell.

Would completely drop deadlifts in favor of barbell rows, or better yet T-bar rows.

And that lower day needs some kind of hinge. Maybe even alternate squats and leg presses week to week and add leg extensions (for those sweet rectus femoris gains)

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton